Sunset veranda on edge

maggie.1008

45 minutes ago, baw53 said:

YouTube video of Cabin 12265 .Cannot post the link, it doesn’t seem to work.....suggest you type this into Google search....Celebrity Edge: Sunset Veranda (SV) Cabin #12265 .....very short video but it shows the cabin ( with bed next to the bathroom) , walk out to the balcony and walk back and into the bathroom.....it was posted on the 19th March.

Great find, thanks. Part of me is wishing we had booked a SV cabin when we first booked but I think the stress of having an IV cabin and worrying about noise etc etc will mean that we appreciate our SV even more now that we have been able to change.

We'd also like that info for Deck 7..but if we won't have a lounger it will be a waste of space! Looks like we could easily fit a lounger out there.

Vt..do you know which of the middle  SVs  on Deck 7 are bed by bath/ bal

38 minutes ago, fleckle said:

image.png.1c80074832ead2124bec01e975cec28b.png

Uh oh -- Are they really putting those uncomfortable looking chairs on balconies in place of the chairs with the reclining backs?

With such large balconies,  they need something better...Bigger table...chairs with footstool.or even a lounger.   If not supplied we will improvise!

On 3/13/2019 at 7:52 AM, vtcruising said:

Thanks for the review of 10273. Did you get any sense of any of the SV balconies being larger than others? I am particularly interested in whether the center ones are bigger, or possibly smaller, than the side ones. Thanks for any info you or anyone else has about that - I would love to get in there with my measuring tape. 😉

I am not sure if 10273 (center) was larger than the adjacent balconies, but it did look a little wider.  It certainly looks wider in aft pictures.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:42 AM, itsanita said:

We are in booked in 10280 with friends next door in 10273.  Looking forward to our 1st time on the Edge.  Disappointed to find that the balconies do not connect.  We were told that they do connect.  

This is Andrea who was in 10273.  I went back to look at my pictures, and it does look like 10280 and 10273 balconies can be connected.  Definitely not so for 10271.  I wish I could figure out how to post pictures!

On 3/13/2019 at 11:27 AM, bkbarrym said:

How can you tell by looking at the deck plans whether the bed is near the balcony or bath? For cabins 9311 and 10273 where are the beds located?

In 10273, the bed was located by the bath/closet.

6 hours ago, fleckle said:

image.png.1c80074832ead2124bec01e975cec28b.png

Uh oh -- Are they really putting those uncomfortable looking chairs on balconies in place of the chairs with the reclining backs?

Those chairs we found to be quite comfortable, more back support than the previous Celebrity veranda chairs.  Ideal no, but they could be a lot worse.  The table on the other hand is horrible.  We were in an aft S1 cabin on Edge for the 1/20/19 cruise and when we arrived the table was falling apart/rotting.  It was replaced with same type table.  The butler explained if the table gets a crack in it and it gets wet the wood interior expands ruining it.

This is Andrea who was in 10273.  I went back to look at my pictures, and it does look like 10280 and 10273 balconies can be connected.  Definitely not so for 10271.  I wish I could figure out how to post pictures!

Think I figured out how to load the pictures. Here you go. Both sides of balcony on 10273.
1c8edd2bbf5bf2222dace1549eda3374.jpg7eba5f41b6e747a84762bf7112a63607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It definitely looks like there is more than enough room for 2 loungers in these balconies.  I've asked for someone to bring loungers on previous cruises and they always have without much problem.  The only cruise line that gave me some pushback was Celebrity.  They told me they were reserved for Suite guests.  In the end, the cabin steward brought some down.  Has anyone who's been on the Edge asked for loungers?   I'm on the Edge this summer with only one day at sea, so it won't be the end of the world if they can't provide, but it would still be nice.

2 hours ago, Pushkin said:

Think I figured out how to load the pictures. Here you go. Both sides of balcony on 10273.
1c8edd2bbf5bf2222dace1549eda3374.jpg7eba5f41b6e747a84762bf7112a63607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The furniture looks so sparse &  lonely out there!

We have an EDGE SV booked  for Nov and today we booked a SV on  APEX for 2020.. It will still be relatively new by then....maybe new furniture will be added,

7 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Pushkin, thanks very much for posting your photos. I’ll have 10280 next year, so my veranda should be the same size.

Yes - should be identical.  I thought the balcony size was "just right" - definitely large enough to have two loungers.  At least they could outfit with the balcony chairs they are using on the refurbished Summit and Millie.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the link...an excellent concise review of EDGE and Sunset Veranda....can't wait for our turn!

Hoping we can get a lounger but may try to  pick up a foldover beach lounger before we cruise and tag it...not sure we are allowed?????

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Thanks for the link...an excellent concise review of EDGE and Sunset Veranda....can't wait for our turn!

Hoping we can get a lounger but may try to  pick up a foldover beach lounger before we cruise and tag it...not sure we are allowed?????

Do you think they'd notice if we carried one each down from the pool deck for our cabin ? ;-)

Seriously, have I seen somewhere that someone took a blow up foot rest or did I dream it?

39 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Do you think they'd notice if we carried one each down from the pool deck for our cabin ? ;-)

Seriously, have I seen somewhere that someone took a blow up foot rest or did I dream it?

I brought one on the Edge, but didn't use it since we had a lounger. I did use it on the Infinity a couple of months ago, It worked very well!

This is what it looks like packed up - it came with ear plugs and eye mask (the IV package).

image.thumb.png.2c29e667271a9da18c3f1e430de876b7.png

A lovely grey to go with an Hoppen decor 😉

image.png.aeb27d5f21cf035783fdad4910db5d1e.png

Edited by vtcruising

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

I brought one on the Edge, but didn't use it since we had a lounger. I did use it on the Infinity a couple of months ago, It worked very well!

This is what it looks like packed up - it came with ear plugs and eye mask (the IV package).

image.thumb.png.2c29e667271a9da18c3f1e430de876b7.png

A lovely grey to go with an Hoppen decor 😉

image.png.aeb27d5f21cf035783fdad4910db5d1e.png

Yes, I remember now - it made me laugh so much last time and had another chuckle today. Is it heavy?

Just now, Presto2 said:

Yes, I remember now - it made me laugh so much last time and had another chuckle today. Is it heavy?

It is a little heavy - maybe 2-3 lbs.

There was a thread on here last year about the blowup footstool and other ideas. like a blowup table for the veranda, blowup coffee table, blowup loungers etc. It was a pretty funny thread. 😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

It is a little heavy - maybe 2-3 lbs.

There was a thread on here last year about the blowup footstool and other ideas. like a blowup table for the veranda, blowup coffee table, blowup loungers etc. It was a pretty funny thread. 😊

Will have a look for that one !

3 hours ago, hcat said:

It really shouldn't be necessary for Passengers to bring their own solutions aboard for things that should have been provided in the first place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks, just reread it and noticed that I'd already posted on it too !!! I blame my age 😉

Yes, you need a little Edge to cure you! Sailing on that ship will keep you young! 😉

• Like 1