Sunset veranda on edge

maggie.1008

13 hours ago, baw53 said:

Excellent review and pics of Edge SV 11274.I have this cabin booked on the Apex for May 2020.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=657684

"paying the extra for Select dining "

what?

you have to pay extra for Select Dining??? (i didnt since my Edge cruise was comped.)

how much more?

6 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

"paying the extra for Select dining "

what?

you have to pay extra for Select Dining??? (i didnt since my Edge cruise was comped.)

how much more?

It was a mistake - it doesn't cost more. 🙂

• 7 months later...
On 1/5/2019 at 3:42 PM, Plato123 said:

We had an aft S1 on the Edge.  It was not as comfortable as the aft S1 on Solstice class ships for many reasons.  Here is a photo of the balcony after our butler brought us two loungers.

IMG_0536.JPG

Hello, Im sorry if I missed it, but what cabin number was this? I am currently booked in 10271 and am trying to find a photo.  This looks like a lovely size but agree that the furniture could be better done.  Thank you in advance!!!

3 hours ago, princess chickie said:

Hello, Im sorry if I missed it, but what cabin number was this? I am currently booked in 10271 and am trying to find a photo.  This looks like a lovely size but agree that the furniture could be better done.  Thank you in advance!!!

We’re in 10271 in 2 weeks and would be happy to share pictures once we’re on board.  I haven't found info or phots for this specific cabin either.

45 minutes ago, Mauidiver said:

We’re in 10271 in 2 weeks and would be happy to share pictures once we’re on board.  I haven't found info or phots for this specific cabin either.

Wonderful, thank you so very much!  I hope you have a beautiful cruise and cant wait to hear of your experience!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mauidiver said:

We are in 10280 and 10273 in February....looking forward to your pictures.  

• 2 weeks later...

Good pics...we were on Deck 7..middle veranda.

We enjoyed the area next to the bed and veranda  as a small seating space...cabin much larger than the IV...It was also nice to have real drapes.

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, Mauidiver said:

Hope this works.  Here are pictures of SV cabin 10271 as promised.  Love the veranda, love the cabin, love Edge!  

BFC39BCB-68B2-4A39-B9CD-530C524E5105.jpeg

640562A2-BB52-47A1-A1A5-BE096C1D5BC9.jpeg

50C9D341-BBBE-4F41-9C5F-BFFD25C202C9.jpeg

Oh my gosh, thank you so very much!  These photos are awesome and re-energizes our excitement for the cruise!  Feel free to share dining experiences or any other reflections of your cruise!  

There’s definitely some vibration and motion in this cabin, however I think because I’m prone to motion sickness I’m sure I’m more sensitive than others.  We’ve had calm seas so I haven’t needed motion sickness meds, but I’d advise anyone who is prone to motion sickness to have some Bonine with them just in case the seas pick up.

We just booked 10280 ( one of the middle SVs) on a 2022 Edge cruise so I am following with interest. The deck plan makes it look as though the balconies on these cabins get progressively smaller as you go down from the top, but I have no idea if that is actually true. We chose Deck 10 because we thought Deck 12 might have some noise from above, and all of the SVs on Deck 11 were already taken (which makes me think my theory about them being larger is correct). I look forward to further reports from those curious enough to take a tape measure with them!

3 hours ago, Oville said:

I think the biggest verandas are the center cabins on 7 and 8.

Interesting. The deck plan definitely makes it look like the SVs on deck 7 are smaller than the others due to the glass roof of Eden surrounding them, but that could just be an issue with the drawing itself. We need tape measures on the ground!

33 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

Interesting. The deck plan definitely makes it look like the SVs on deck 7 are smaller than the others due to the glass roof of Eden surrounding them, but that could just be an issue with the drawing itself. We need tape measures on the ground!

It was vtcruising that pointed out by a picture that the lower mid sections appeared bigger.  We stayed in a corner aft S1 on deck 11 a year ago and I had some big time motion issues.  Next aft cabin for us is deck 9 in a center, hoping the motion issues are quite different.