Shouldn't Princess have refunded port charges on a cancelled cruise?

suzyed

My DD and I had a 10 cruise booked and insurance purchased (with two different insurance companies) and we had to cancel the cruise two days prior to cruising because she had a medical emergency and needed surgery.

My insurance company (Princess Platinum) refunded the port charges. Our travel agent said that Princess would refund the port charges to DD separate from what the insurance policy would re-imburse for the cancelled cruise. We informed her insurance company (Allianz) that the port charges would be coming from Princess so their refund covered the price paid minus the port charges.

We still have not gotten a refund for her port charges from Princess.

Yes' date=' Princess should refund the port charges. How long have you been waiting? They say it takes 6 weeks. A phone call might be in order.[/quote']

Our cruise was supposed to be 4/11 and the insurance was filed on 4/15....so it's been 8 weeks now!

Calling tomorrow!

Our cruise was supposed to be 4/11 and the insurance was filed on 4/15....so it's been 8 weeks now!

Calling tomorrow!

Give them a call as the other poster indicated. We had to cancel last year and the port fees came back at about the 6 to 7 week time frame.

I guess that we were an exception to the 6 weeks timeframe. We had to cancel a cruise 2 days before sailing. Our refund from Princess for port charges, excursions we'd purchased, airfare, etc. showed up on as a credit to our credit card the day after we cancelled. It took the insurance company about 2 weeks from our submission to payment. I guess we were pretty lucky with ours.

I guess that we were an exception to the 6 weeks timeframe. We had to cancel a cruise 2 days before sailing. Our refund from Princess for port charges, excursions we'd purchased, airfare, etc. showed up on as a credit to our credit card the day after we cancelled. It took the insurance company about 2 weeks from our submission to payment. I guess we were pretty lucky with ours.

Yes you were lucky. All the excursions, packages, etc were returned pretty fast. But for some reason, not the port charges. The insurance companies took 2-3 weeks after the completed forms were submitted.

I am going to try to call them tomorrow or as Thrak said, email them.

We had to cancel a cruise right before our flight to FLL in late Feb. We, too, got the port charges refunded promptly, but are still waiting for a refund from Allianz. :-( Guess I need to call Allianz.

Calling tomorrow!

Note that it may or may not go back to the credit card used to pay for the cruise. It might also come back as a check in a brown envelope that looks like junk mail.

Note that it may or may not go back to the credit card used to pay for the cruise. It might also come back as a check in a brown envelope that looks like junk mail.

I called Princess and they referred me back to my TA and not in a very friendly fashion.

So I called my TA who was out of town and she returned my call a few days later and called Princess on my behalf.

Turns out that because my TA had discounted both my daughter's and my cruise by $75/each, Princess took it upon themselves to deduct the $150 dollars from our port charges/taxes. We were each supposed to get back $125 and Princess only refunded $50/each.

My TA is going to send my a check for the difference.

I called Princess and they referred me back to my TA and not in a very friendly fashion.

So I called my TA who was out of town and she returned my call a few days later and called Princess on my behalf.

Turns out that because my TA had discounted both my daughter's and my cruise by $75/each, Princess took it upon themselves to deduct the $150 dollars from our port charges/taxes. We were each supposed to get back $125 and Princess only refunded $50/each.

My TA is going to send my a check for the difference.

Glad you were able to resolve it and get your money back.