Price Drop!

Our cabin in now $1,000 less than what we paid for only 10 days ago :( ouch!

Contact NCL or your TA. If the price has gone down that much and you have not yet reached the date that final payment is due NCL will adjust your cost even if you have already paid in full. (If they don't just cancel and rebook, though they never make you do that.) If you are inside the date for final payment NCL will usually upgrade you to a higher cabin category if there is space available.

nope, nope and nope. I called Wednesday when it went down $500 and the supervisor knew what I was calling about and came onto the line reciting the policy verbatim, basically said your "sol" in not those words of course but was very cold and rude in my opinion. She didn't even start with hello, how can I help you!:( Good Lord! I'm on the Escape and so far, this trip planning on this ship has been my least favorite. The new water/wine/steamer policy and their price adjustment policy sucks! I'm praying that this doesn't continue and trying to look on the bright side. Not sure if I am a fan of Norwegian but I will wait until after the cruise to decide this.

Contact NCL or your TA. If the price has gone down that much and you have not yet reached the date that final payment is due NCL will adjust your cost even if you have already paid in full. (If they don't just cancel and rebook, though they never make you do that.) If you are inside the date for final payment NCL will usually upgrade you to a higher cabin category if there is space available.

Cruise leaves June 24th and we've paid in full, in fact when we booked the cruise, we had to pay in full right then and their. I think we are out of luck but thank you for the advice, which it did apply to us.

nope, nope and nope. I called Wednesday when it went down $500 and the supervisor knew what I was calling about and came onto the line reciting the policy verbatim, basically said your "sol" in not those words of course but was very cold and rude in my opinion. She didn't even start with hello, how can I help you!:( Good Lord! I'm on the Escape and so far, this trip planning on this ship has been my least favorite. The new water/wine/steamer policy and their price adjustment policy sucks! I'm praying that this doesn't continue and trying to look on the bright side. Not sure if I am a fan of Norwegian but I will wait until after the cruise to decide this.

I am very confused.....:confused: Why are you "SOL"??? What is this 'new' policy to which you refer?? If there was a price drop that significant you should at least be upgraded or get some OBC??? Please explain.....and why would a supervisor just abruptly come on the line?? It is near impossible, and waiting for eons to get one even when requested.....please explain and let us know more details.

I am very confused.....:confused: Why are you "SOL"??? What is this 'new' policy to which you refer?? If there was a price drop that significant you should at least be upgraded or get some OBC??? Please explain.....and why would a supervisor just abruptly come on the line?? It is near impossible, and waiting for eons to get one even when requested.....please explain and let us know more details.

We booked a sail away balcony. At the time of booking, our cruise was 18 days away, had to pay in full. I called to speak to a supervisor about a price adjustment 9 days later when it was a $500 price drop, when I got transferred, the super came onto the line, reciting the policy verbatim, she also said we got an upgrade at the time of cabin assignment from a bx to a bd category. I told her we're right next to an angled balcony, I can see into their balcony and they can see into mine, I don't consider that an upgrade! She didn't replay or converse, basically said your "sol" in not those words of course but was very cold and rude in my opinion. :( Any suggestions Buddylover?

My understanding is if the price drops after final payment date, you would be eligible for 25% of the drop in OBC. So in your case, $250.

Perhaps I misunderstood or maybe it has changed. Either way, ours hasn't changed so it is a moot point for us up to this point!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

What is the new water policy you referenced ?

My understanding is if the price drops after final payment date, you would be eligible for 25% of the drop in OBC. So in your case, $250.

Perhaps I misunderstood or maybe it has changed. Either way, ours hasn't changed so it is a moot point for us up to this point!

NCL doesn’t owe anything for a price drop after final payment, sometimes they give a small amount of OBC. A bd cabin is an upgrade from a bx. I’m confused about the water/wine/steamer policies, $15 corkage fee has been around at least 15 years, the no water policy for more than 2, and I don’t think steamers were ever allowed.

Oh, you did sailaway. Yea, you have a lot less options with that. I think your only option is to see if you can upgrade.

BX is currently 799, so assuming you paid 1799 for it you could pay 100 more to get the aft balcony or spa balconyfor 1899. A little more money but presumably a better deal and you get the perks now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

All very good suggestion, thank you. I didn't realize the Sail Away was voided in receiving any price adjustments after the fact. Never had a problem with bringing one wine bottle each on any cruise line as of yet. Last time I cruised was with NCL spring 2016. Always brought a steamer with me to steam my clothes, I HATE ironing, lol, and some fabrics you can't iron only steam. Doesn't help when your mom calls the day after you book your trip and tells you she's having heart surgery 5 days before your trip so I've had to squeeze in a trip out of the country. It's all good, things could be much worse, just a little venting I guess. Going to make this trip as fun as possible.

NCL's policy about water....

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

You can still bring wine, as much as you like for a $15/bottle fee when you board. That hasn't changed. I don't thnk they do the 25% anymore even for the regular fares since that was no longer an option the last time I had a drop a couple of years ago.

sorry, you've had the additional stress, to what should have been a great trip away. Really hope your Mom's surgery goes great.

if it helps, I have found the call center employees to be my the least favourite of any working for NCL - I have always gotten great service from onboard staff , please don't let the shore staff colour your expectations. Remember Port Security are Port employees and can be a trial, take a deep breath. Smile at the first shipboard person you find, and find a fav bar or quiet spot and relax!

All very good suggestion, thank you. I didn't realize the Sail Away was voided in receiving any price adjustments after the fact. Never had a problem with bringing one wine bottle each on any cruise line as of yet. Last time I cruised was with NCL spring 2016. Always brought a steamer with me to steam my clothes, I HATE ironing, lol, and some fabrics you can't iron only steam. Doesn't help when your mom calls the day after you book your trip and tells you she's having heart surgery 5 days before your trip so I've had to squeeze in a trip out of the country. It's all good, things could be much worse, just a little venting I guess. Going to make this trip as fun as possible.

NCL's policy about water....

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

Just because other lines allow wine brought on for free, NCL’s policy of $15 for each bottle has been in place a long time. The good news is that it’s unlimited.

sorry, you've had the additional stress, to what should have been a great trip away. Really hope your Mom's surgery goes great.

if it helps, I have found the call center employees to be my the least favourite of any working for NCL - I have always gotten great service from onboard staff , please don't let the shore staff colour your expectations. Remember Port Security are Port employees and can be a trial, take a deep breath. Smile at the first shipboard person you find, and find a fav bar or quiet spot and relax!

YVRBassEletric, thank you for your kinds words. Born and raised in Vancouver until my 20's then moved to BBY now living in California. Heading to Vancouver tomorrow for the surgery. Yes, I intend on making it at great vacation. It is what it is so now to move on and enjoy our trip to Bermuda in one week.:)