GTY Not assigned and GTY category is SOLD OUT!

Hopefully they got CP. Don't know why anyone would choose BW.

Ok. :D

I'm in the same boat, waiting to have a Neighbourhood Balcony GTY room assigned and I would prefer the Boardwalk over the Central Park for a few reasons. I guess it's a matter of personal preference, as I'm sure you're aware.

Hopefully they got CP. Don't know why anyone would choose BW.

When I booked the five ocean view cabins for my family on Deck 6, I put my dd and her boyfriend in a BW balcony on Deck 10 since it was little over $400 less than ocean view balcony, which is the only kind of cabin (other than suites on NCL) that she has sailed. Therefore I chose BW over CP since I was able to book her the second cabin from the aft which also had an ocean "view".

On Wednesday, I saw that my August Allure sailing I could book a GTY OV balcony for $106 total, which I did but I have to say these kind of threads had me slightly nervous on booking her a GTY but I went for it.

By Thursday, one day after booking, she was assigned OV balcony on Deck 6. I wondered slightly since we are all linked if they placed her there but either way Im very happy we are all on the same Deck and actually right across the BW from each other and very relieved that she got her cabin assignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I booked the five ocean view cabins for my family on Deck 6, I put my dd and her boyfriend in a BW balcony on Deck 10 since it was little over $400 less than ocean view balcony, which is the only kind of cabin (other than suites on NCL) that she has sailed. Therefore I chose BW over CP since I was able to book her the second cabin from the aft which also had an ocean "view".

On Wednesday, I saw that my August Allure sailing I could book a GTY OV balcony for $106 total, which I did but I have to say these kind of threads had me slightly nervous on booking her a GTY but I went for it.

By Thursday, one day after booking, she was assigned OV balcony on Deck 6. I wondered slightly since we are all linked if they placed her there but either way Im very happy we are all on the same Deck and actually right across the BW from each other and very relieved that she got her cabin assignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That worked out soooo well for you! Awesome!

Awessome!!! Are you pleased with the stateroom(s) that you received? You were a Neighbourhood Balcony GTY right? Did you receive staterooms in Boardwalk or Central Park?

We booked OV Balcony Guarantee and that is what we received. We are very happy, 3 cabins, same deck, all near each other.

Hope you are assigned yours soon!

Even if she was not assigned there, you could have moved her there if were assigned that same category.

We love the bw cabins. We get to see the ocean, shows, movies and people watch from the xx29 balcony. All the walking helps to keep the weight off from eating.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Same. We have 2 BW balconies on our next cruise. We're towards the back and can see some water and the aquatheater.

I have no interest in a CP room.

We are on Indy 14 nights med cruise June 30th,2 guests got a phone call yesterday, June 26th to tell them the ship had been over sold and had there cruise cancelled:(

No way of knowing but I wonder if the ship being oversold had anything to do with the addition of all the extra cabins on Indy.

Did all the new cabins get finished?

With Royal not releasing the deck plans prior to the drydock and no one could book the new cabins being added. Royal would have known how many cabins they were adding and then sold those as guarantees. This could easily create an oversold situation if the added cabins were not completed in time.

• 3 weeks later...

First time ever that we have taken a chance and booked gty cabins. We are on the independence 5 night on 20th oct. There's 10 of us - family - and need 5 cabins. Gty balcony only worked out about £100 each extra when we booked. Double and triple checked and the lowest a balcony can be is deck 6 which was fine. That or above would be okay. We booked, received our emerald discount for us and our agent gave us an addt £20 each. Bkd on the wednesday and had our cabins allocated on the following tuesday. 3 on deck 7 at front and 2 on deck 6 at back but same side though. Well chuffed

With just two weeks until we sail, we're still waiting for our room assignment. Not stressing, still smiling and full of anticipation. :)

What a good attitude. Like you, I rather enjoy the anticipation. Let us know when you get your assignment.

I booked 2 ocean view GTY cabins as that was all there was left for our September cruise.

Yesterday I checked my cruise planner and both my and my fathers cabins had been upgraded from OV to 1B mid ship balcony cabins. Beyond thrilled.

Even if she was not assigned there, you could have moved her there if were assigned that same category.

Yes, I knew I could move her and kept looking and one day a cabin opened up down the hall from

all of us so moved her. She was originally put in a cabin right next to where the hump begins (but not part

of the hump), and I didn't like how the balcony to her right was jutting out, so kept looking and a

cabin opened and we moved her. So happy and thanks. You were one of the posters that responded

to me when I wasn't sure if I should move them to a GTY for $106 total from BW Balcony to OV GTY Balcony.

So happy and we cannot wait!

With just two weeks until we sail, we're still waiting for our room assignment. Not stressing, still smiling and full of anticipation. :)

Best of luck! Hope you receive an awesome upgrade!!!

Come back and let us know what you end up getting for your cruise!

We have 3 weeks, cannot wait!

What a good attitude. Like you, I rather enjoy the anticipation. Let us know when you get your assignment.

Yes, I think I really enjoyed the anticipation. We booked in February and I think I've checked just about every day since!!! lol

Still waiting....

We had a balcony guarantee last December. It took a long time to get an assigned cabin and it too, said balcony cabins were sold out. We finally got our assignment and they assigned us a handicapped accessible balcony cabin. It was huge, with a huge bathroom too. I didn’t request the accessible cabin and knew they could take it away if someone requested it. No one requested it and we thoroughly enjoyed all the room. We had a lot of friends on the cruise with us, so it was nice to have some get togethers in our cabin.

You will get your assignment eventually, but, I know it’s tough waiting for it. Good luck. You can always hope for a visit from the upgrade fairy too!

Gwen [emoji3]

Hi, does anyone know if you book a guarantee suite (WS) whether you still get double crown and anchor points? I called RCI and they said that you do, but haven't actually received anything in writing. If not may just book a JS. Thanks x

Hi, does anyone know if you book a guarantee suite (WS) whether you still get double crown and anchor points? I called RCI and they said that you do, but haven't actually received anything in writing. If not may just book a JS. Thanks x

Yes, if you book a suite guarantee at the going rate, you get the double points. Booked that, got the points.

On the other hand, if you were offered a special, unpublished discounted “upsell” to a suite (from a balcony or below), you would not get the extra points.

Yes, if you book a suite guarantee at the going rate, you get the double points. Booked that, got the points.

On the other hand, if you were offered a special, unpublished discounted “upsell” to a suite (from a balcony or below), you would not get the extra points.

That's what I was hoping to hear! We've booked a suite guarantee on the RCI website so that sounds like we will :D. Thanks for confirming x