Carnival ships and ports. Am i the only one?

FSHLOT

I am also all about the ship, but ports still matter to me. I have to really want to be on a ship to put up with another trip to Trashau, Bahamas. Unfortunately, they are often the cheapest cruises.

Probably the only port where I stay on the ship now.

I am also all about the ship, but ports still matter to me. I have to really want to be on a ship to put up with another trip to Trashau, Bahamas. Unfortunately, they are often the cheapest cruises.

What a nasty and extraordinarily ignorant thing to say.

Was just wondering how many of you really don't care too much about the ports?

For me, My cruise is 90% about the ship. Sure I like some ports, but I don't go crazy about them. I do get off the ship and do stuff with my wife, but we don't go bizerk anymore. We been to most ports in the carribean, so sometimes we just enjoy the quietness of the ship.

I’m 100% the opposite. I couldn’t care less about the ship. It’s just a vessel to get me where I want to go. It’s all about the ports for me. I want to see as many different places as I can in my lifetime. Cruising is a great way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course you may do whatever you like whether it's on or off the boat. I still feel that you are no longer traveling if you don't go ashore and experience the country or Island extensively. Not caring where I would be going isn't cruising . That's like landing in a plane in London for a layover, not leaving the airport, and telling people you've been to London. I don't never plan avavation to go somewhere and ultimately go nowhere. Too many places in the world to see and experience to let it get to that point. Just my opinion, nothing more.

I still disagree with you. Cruising is not about just the port to some people. Sometimes its about getting away PERIOD. Relaxing on the ship. Sometimes I get off, sometimes I don't and I've gone to the same ports multiple of times. No Problems... I love it, just happy to be happy and enjoying myself. For me it doesn't take going to other countries to have a vacation. It takes getting away from the norm. As earlier stated by someone. Everyone is different. BUT please don't feel sad for me. I'm good. :):):)

Everyone cruises for their own reasons...for me, I love the sight and sound of the water. I would take a 7 day trip to nowhere if I could. I cruise to relax and get away from work and the stresses of life. Everything I need is on board--food, entertainment, relaxation.

This is the reason I cruise. I enjoy seeing the ports of call, but sailing is the primary attraction for me. Wind in my hair, sun on my face, and the sounds of the ocean are enough to make me book a cruise.

For us it depends on the vacation. I always try to have at least one new experience on a vacation. On cruises that one new thing could be the ship, a port, or the embarkation port. Out of 17 cruises with 18 and 19 booked I’ve always been able to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I still disagree with you. Cruising is not about just the port to some people. Sometimes its about getting away PERIOD. Relaxing on the ship. Sometimes I get off, sometimes I don't and I've gone to the same ports multiple of times. No Problems... I love it, just happy to be happy and enjoying myself. For me it doesn't take going to other countries to have a vacation. It takes getting away from the norm. As earlier stated by someone. Everyone is different. BUT please don't feel sad for me. I'm good. :):):)

Agree...

Don't feel sad for me either. One of the best cruises I ever had was an 8 day on Splendor from NY. I never got off the ship on that cruise. I'd been to all the ports many times before and loved staying on board for that cruise.

If I've never been to a port, I will explore and for some of my favorite ports, I might get off for a bit and be back on in an hour or two.

Every journey is different!

For me, My cruise is 90% about the ship. Sure I like some ports, but I don't go crazy about them. I do get off the ship and do stuff with my wife, but we don't go bizerk anymore. We been to most ports in the carribean, so sometimes we just enjoy the quietness of the ship.

Feel the exact same way......been lucky enough to have cruised 31 times, 27 of which have been to the Caribbean, 3 to Canada and 1 to the Mexican Riviera. So, we have seen most of the Caribbean ports, but we do have two new ports booked with Amber Cove and Curacao. But, give me a new ship and I am happy, that's why we have 2 on the Horizon and 1 each on the Bliss and Edge booked over the next 19 months.

My husband and I enjoy cruising for a number of reasons but for us it's about 50/50. We enjoy what each ship has to offer as well as each port. We try to go somewhere different each time and if we happen to revisit a port we do something different.

Hopefully we won't tire of cruising any time soon however we don't cruise every year. About to book my 9th cruise and my husbands 5th.

getting off at new to me ports is always exciting, it kinda brings me back to my first cruise where I was mostly in awe at the newness of being somewhere different. I'm approaching 50 and it's very rare I go somewhere unknown.

that said, only port I'd probably stay on the boat is Freeport. didn't care for it at all.

nassau takes a bad rap. I can appreciate how folks can grow weary of it but the water is gorgeous there. I can always take a boat shuttle to Margaritaville and enjoy a cold Bohemian draft and call it a good day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Itinerary, itinerary, itinerary here. May be sailing more ncl and Costa soon. I think

when I'm 65 + just being on the ship will be more for me.