Help us decide?

Mstader

Hello! My husband and I recently returned from our 1st cruise on Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. We had such a great time that we’re looking to book another for June 2019. We are currently torn between cruising again on RC on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston, or trying Norwegian’s Breakaway out of Miami. Outside of a stop in Harvest Caye with Norwegian, the initineraries are the same.

I’m leaning toward Norwegian but my husband is leaning toward RC.

What do y’all think?

Thanks in advance!

IT REALLY depends on what you’re looking for. NCL does the anytime dining better than anyone and has a laid back relaxing vibe. RCCL has a younger crowd with more night life and more activities to choose from like rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks, etc. Since the itineraries are the same I would compare what each ship has to offer.

IT REALLY depends on what you’re looking for. NCL does the anytime dining better than anyone and has a laid back relaxing vibe. RCCL has a younger crowd with more night life and more activities to choose from like rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks, etc. Since the itineraries are the same I would compare what each ship has to offer.

We watched lots of comparison videos and ship tours yesterday and the crowds on NCL did definitely look older, the adult pool area isn’t as nice as the Solarium, but that ropes course looks awesome!

For me it would be the Breakaway all day long but only because I'm interested in trying that class of ship. I've sailed both the Liberty and Freedom of the Seas and while they're both fine, personally I'd go for a change. I was also extremely impressed with the food on my last NCL cruise but that was 2 years ago on a different ship - these things change dramatically over time.

The Breakaway has a rock climbing wall, great water slides including a fast plunge slide, and a ropes course.

Hello! My husband and I recently returned from our 1st cruise on Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. We had such a great time that we’re looking to book another for June 2019. We are currently torn between cruising again on RC on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston, or trying Norwegian’s Breakaway out of Miami. Outside of a stop in Harvest Caye with Norwegian, the initineraries are the same.

What do y’all think?

Thanks in advance!

A reason why we will never cruise on an NCL ship again:

Last year we took an NCL cruise to celebrate an anniversary .My wife received a certificate for $50 off the cost of a facial .On Day 1 my wife sustained an injury to her body ,face included.The injury was due to faulty equipment in the fitness center .My wife was not able to take the facial and assumed she would get something else .Never happened .

A reason why we will never cruise on an NCL ship again:

Last year we took an NCL cruise to celebrate an anniversary .My wife received a certificate for $50 off the cost of a facial .On Day 1 my wife sustained an injury to her body ,face included.The injury was due to faulty equipment in the fitness center .My wife was not able to take the facial and assumed she would get something else .Never happened .

NCL doesn’t own the spa, it’s a separate business.

What do y’all think?

Thanks in advance!

I will start by saying that NCL is my new favorite line (only sailed on NCL Getaway and Escape so far). I've never been on Breakaway, but surmise that it is a similar experience. Before NCL, I'd cruised mostly on Carnival, but sailed once on Crown Princess in 2013 and once on RCCL on Liberty of the Seas in 2014. I must say that our Liberty of the Seas cruise was awesome.. It was only a 4-day cruise but we had a blast. The shows, especially the ice skating show, as I'm a former figure skater, were spectacular. We also loved the sing-a-long piano bar. I would say that the food in Liberty's main dining room was not to my liking, except for the first night. This is where NCL may have the edge. NCL's food is phenomenal in my opinion. We really enjoy NCL's entertainment as well. I'd say it's a toss up. But since you've already done Royal, why not try NCL and then you can compare the two for your next cruise.

It would probably be easier to do the RCCL your husband wants. ;)

Good advice! 😂 We ended up sticking with RCCL (so he’s happy) but decided on Allure of the Seas at the last minute. He wanted to give the Oasis class a try.

Good advice! [emoji23] We ended up sticking with RCCL (so he’s happy) but decided on Allure of the Seas at the last minute. He wanted to give the Oasis class a try.
Allure is amazing. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk