Lobster nights

thunter1224

Lobster has been gone from the MDR for many, many years. It has been gone from the buffet for a few years. It has also been removed from specialty restaurants. Yes, sometimes it has been reported that on inaugural sailings and such some people have found lobster, probably there in honor of the big shots that are sailing. But you are out of luck at finding it yourself.

Lobster has been gone from the MDR for many, many years. It has been gone from the buffet for a few years. It has also been removed from specialty restaurants. Yes, sometimes it has been reported that on inaugural sailings and such some people have found lobster, probably there in honor of the big shots that are sailing. But you are out of luck at finding it yourself.

I am hearing that I won't be seeing and Lobsters on the menu in the dining room on the BLISS .. but it may pop up on the buffet on some nights .. just not advertised.. It just shows up ... is this true ???

Fake news. No lobsters on the Bliss. They did serve the lobsters to VIPs during the inaugural cruises. But those were true VIPs.

Lobster has not been removed from specialty restaurants unless that happened in the last couple of months.

Gone since August 2016. With the exception of Ocean Blue. The 2018 Ocean Blue menus has no lobster.

That's wild. I wonder what they served me in Feb 2018 that they called lobster and looked and tasted like lobster.

Looking at the menus for the Bliss ...the steakhouse has surf & turf but that is steak and shrimp:loudcry::loudcry:

Lobster has not been removed from specialty restaurants unless that happened in the last couple of months.

Do you people have any idea how many nickels and dimes NCL has saved by eliminating lobster?

Hint: A lot.

But it's for your convenience

Most cruise lines have gotten rid of the lobster.

Name 1 of the big 3 that has gotten rid of lobster.

Mostly true but I had lobster in the Ocean Blue on the Getaway, so your statement on the specialties is wrong,

Mostly true but I had lobster in the Ocean Blue on the Getaway, so your statement on the specialties is wrong,

Yeah, I wasn’t thinking about the special specialties. LOL! I was thinking about the standards. It’s gone from Cagney’s, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Teppanyaki... What you said, and obviously you can still get a lobster roll at the Ocean Blue window, too. Yum!

Just off of Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas. They definitely had lobster night and you could order as many as you wanted. Our server told us of someone who ordered 25! She said they served them and he ate them all!:eek:

Thats great .. but sailing on NCL Bliss

Just off of Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas. They definitely had lobster night and you could order as many as you wanted. Our server told us of someone who ordered 25! She said they served them and he ate them all!:eek:

Lobster pot pie at ocean blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, and there’s still lobster bisque at Cagney’s, but those aren’t really what’s being discussed. When someone is looking for lobster you don’t offer them a pot pie or a soup. Sure, those are good, but that’s not the point.

Sure, and there’s still lobster bisque at Cagney’s, but those aren’t really what’s being discussed. When someone is looking for lobster you don’t offer them a pot pie or a soup. Sure, those are good, but that’s not the point.

Actually it was ALOT of lobster. Both huge claws and what seemed to be almost a whole tail just cut into pieces. It was very good.

I will say though, not sure why it seems like lobster is the holy grail. I mean you can go to any red lobster across the country and get basically the quality of lobster that you would have previously found on the ships. I even get lobster tails from Giant for $5 a 4ounce tail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk