Cannot understand ?

kruisey

That one has to be in a deluxe mini suite to get club class dining.?

Being in a deluxe balcony does not count.?

Can someone unravel this question?:confused::confused::confused:

Nothing to unravel. It's simple. If you book a Club Class mini suite (there is no deluxe mini suite category) you are entitled to Club Class dining and other Club Class amenities. You also are entitled to Club Class dining if you are in a full suite . No other categories are included.

There is no Club Class deluxe balcony category. Deluxe balcony cabins are only slightly larger than standard balconies.

That one has to be in a deluxe mini suite to get club class dining.?

Being in a deluxe balcony does not count.?

Can someone unravel this question?:confused::confused::confused:

Club Class dining is for Club Class Mini-suites an above (full suites).

It is not, nor has it ever been, a cabin class category for balcony cabins..

If you want Club Class dining, have to book a CC mini or above.

Not all minis are CC either..

You are intermingling the terms "deluxe" and "premium".

"Deluxe" is the designation for a higher level of larger but otherwise standard balcony cabins on the Royal-class ships.

All ships have "premium" cabins within each type--those with a number rather than a letter for the second digit of the cabin category.

Club Class Dining was conceived to be a Full Suite perk. But to justify the expense of sectioning off a portion of one MDR on each ship a few additional cabins had to be added. Logically the next level was the premium Mini-Suites (those with cabin category M1; M2 on Pacific; Sun and Sea add their M4 aft Minis as well). But that new section of the MDR would be crazy large if all category-D Deluxe Balcony cabins were included as well.

So understand now? Hope this helps--and please note that you would get more and better answers to all your posts if just once your thread titles included the actual topic. Just a friendly hint (to a fellow solo cruiser as well...)

Not hard to understand. Club Class dining is designated for the top level of mini suites and for full suites.

It does not, and never has had, anything to do with balcony cabins. The term "deluxe" when applied to a cabin means that it is a little bigger or has a bigger balcony than the normal cabin of that type.

Club Class Dining was conceived to be a Full Suite perk. But to justify the expense of sectioning off a portion of one MDR on each ship a few additional cabins had to be added. Logically the next level was the premium Mini-Suites (those with cabin category M1; M2 on Pacific; Sun and Sea add their M4 aft Minis as well). But that new section of the MDR would be crazy large if all category-D Deluxe Balcony cabins were included as well.

/QUOTE]There was almost no cost to implement CC. Except for a new sign at the entrance there were no physical changes. The CC area is defined by different table cloths, napkins, and Riedel wine glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was almost no cost to implement CC. Except for a new sign at the entrance there were no physical changes. The CC area is defined by different table cloths, napkins, and Riedel wine glasses.

There are always R&D costs behind the scenes. And the very first decision made during the R&D phase likely was, how many cabins to include to justify doing the R&D to begin with? Only Full Suites was too low a number, thus the new M1 Mini Suites.

On all the iterations of the older Grand-class ships what was an unadorned Emergency Exit door from the Deck 6 midship MDR had to redone as the Club Class entrance. Including some sprucing up of that hallway where that door opens next to Calypso Cove shop. Plus the acquisitions of all the furnishings, establishing a protocol for their separate maintenance and storage. Plus very likely a bunch of Head Waiters/Assistant Maitre d's who though they were going to get a break during their ship's drydock but instead were roped into training session for the new Club Class. (OK that last one is a guess, but representative of a logical launch expense).

/QUOTE]There was almost no cost to implement CC. Except for a new sign at the entrance there were no physical changes. The CC area is defined by different table cloths, napkins, and Riedel wine glasses.

There's more then that. The wait time is supposed to be non existent and there's always an extra dish served for lunch and dinner (don't know about breakfast since I go to Sabitini's). The service is superior and the waiter has only a few tables and the tables are mostly two tops and a few 4 tops and one six top on my last sailing.

The above is correct--the big difference between club class and "regular" dining is the improvement in service. You don't have "your" serving team each night, but we were very comfortable with the three teams we experienced. We also noticed a lot more cooperation among teams--openly heard comments like, "Can you get me XYZ?" when someone on another team was heading to the kitchen, or seeing the head server step in when a team was getting at all behind.

The "special" dishes that we tried were all excellent. We had one special item at each lunch and two at each dinner--one was an entree and the other either an appetizer or dessert. Several were pasta, at least two nights it was a steak, one was a fish item.

So no, the difference isn't that we had a gray tablecloth. It was that the team serving us only had 8 guests seated in their area, rather than 16!

Edited by moki'smommy

We were only on a four day cruise but we were able to have the same table/waitstaff for the four breakfasts, two lunches and three dinners we ate there. Nothing special at breakfast but other than shrimp being added to the filet the first night, the extra at lunch and dinner item was a pasta course that we usually had as our entree.

The above is correct--the big difference between club class and "regular" dining is the improvement in service. You don't have "your" serving team each night' date=' but we were very comfortable with the three teams we experienced. We also noticed a lot more cooperation among teams--openly heard comments like, "Can you get me XYZ?" when someone on another team was heading to the kitchen, or seeing the head server step in when a team was getting at all behind.

The "special" dishes that we tried were all excellent. We had one special item at each lunch and two at each dinner--one was an entree and the other either an appetizer or dessert. Several were pasta, at least two nights it was a steak, one was a fish item.

So no, the difference isn't that we had a gray tablecloth. It was that the team serving us only had 8 guests seated in their area, rather than 16![/quote']

We’ve sailed in Club Class twice in the last year, one 7 day and one 11 day cruise. On both cruises we not only had the same wait staff for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but also the same table for each meal.

Don't confuse deluxe balcony cabins with premium cabins or Club Class cabins.

Deluxe balcony cabins are a type of cabin only available on the Royal class ships. This type of cabin is slightly larger than the balcony cabins on the Royal class ships and have space for a loveseat rather than the standard chair. They are category DA, DB, DC, DD, DE, DF, DW.

Premium deluxe balcony cabins are identical to deluxe balcony cabins on the Royal class ships but are in locations that Princess considers to be more desirable and they can charge a premium price. They are category D4.

All Princess ships have balcony cabins (Category BX where X is a letter) and many have premium balcony cabins (Category BX where X is a number) based on location.

There is no such cabin type as a deluxe mini suite. Prior to the introduction of Club Class there was no such category as a premium mini suite and the most expensive mini suite was category MA. With the introduction of Club Class, Princess changed the category of some or all category MA mini suites to M1, M2, M4, or M6 and increased the price. These mini suites are sometimes called Club Class mini suites and sometimes premium mini suites but with Club Class perks. I have seen a number of cruises where the increase was around $25/day but it will vary by itinerary.

Now, is that clear???

There is no such cabin type as a deluxe mini suite. Prior to the introduction of Club Class there was no such category as a premium mini suite and the most expensive mini suite was category MA. With the introduction of Club Class, Princess changed the category of some or all category MA mini suites to M1, M2, M4, or M6 and increased the price. These mini suites are sometimes called Club Class mini suites and sometimes premium mini suites but with Club Class perks. I have seen a number of cruises where the increase was around $25/day but it will vary by itinerary.

Now, is that clear???

NO,

Just Joking, we had always booked MAs on deck 9 or 10 as they provide the least motion for any balcony room. With Club Class (M1) the only perk is the food as we are elite, and for the $25 a day or so we can go to the Crown Grill, Sabatinis, etc for dinner.

We now book MBs, except on the Royal class ships that still have MAs on the lowest balconied level.

There's more then that. The wait time is supposed to be non existent and there's always an extra dish served for lunch and dinner (don't know about breakfast since I go to Sabitini's). The service is superior and the waiter has only a few tables and the tables are mostly two tops and a few 4 tops and one six top on my last sailing.

Sure, but from a physical changes perspective, it was zero construction, and minor staffing changes (2-4 extra headcount: dedicated hostess/host, possibly a dedicated Headwaiter, and maybe 1-2 extra servers compared to the staffing levels of the space prior to CC.

The "magic" is that Princess has "always" been limited by the fact that most ships have three dining rooms. With two traditional services per night, they could only choose 0, 1, 2, or 3 dining rooms for TD, and hence 3, 2, 1, or 0 dining rooms for ATD. Obviously the 0s and 3s won't fly, so now it's a game of 1s and 2s, and they've classically done 2 TD rooms early (with only 1 ATD room during the early TD hours), switching to 1 TD room late (transitioning one room from TD to ATD around 7:30). By creating CC, and putting it into the room that switches from TD to ATD around 7:30, they can make it more like 1.8 rooms for TD and 1.2 rooms for ATD during early service (as CC is a category of ATD) and 1 for TD and 2 for ATD during late.

If you pay for an extra TV, sofa and bath tub, you've arrived at the Club Class. Big whoop!

While almost all mini-suites have the bath tub, sofa bed and an extra TV, there are many categories of mini-suites that are not in Club Class. I think only Cats. M1 and M6 are included in Club Class on most ships.

I suppose with traveling solo a mini is a wee bit too big and also my age over 80 cannot get into the tub for a shower.Will be in a position were I can afford the little luxuries that life offers and being a picky eater this might have filled the spot for me.It is a pity one cannot pay extra for the club dining room to travel this way.

Thank you all for you replies.:):).

We were only on a four day cruise but we were able to have the same table/waitstaff for the four breakfasts, two lunches and three dinners we ate there. Nothing special at breakfast but other than shrimp being added to the filet the first night, the extra at lunch and dinner item was a pasta course that we usually had as our entree.

Was that on the Ruby? On our two cruises on the Ruby (a 4 day coastal and a 5 day Cabo) that was what we got. We were just in CC on the Emerald for a 12 day and that had pasta at lunch, but both an entree and a starter or dessert at dinner.

Was that on the Ruby? On our two cruises on the Ruby (a 4 day coastal and a 5 day Cabo) that was what we got. We were just in CC on the Emerald for a 12 day and that had pasta at lunch, but both an entree and a starter or dessert at dinner.
Yes, that was on the Ruby. The head waiter in CC liked to make pastas so that is all the special dishes that we received. They were quite good but we were expecting more as you described on the Emerald.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, that was on the Ruby. The head waiter in CC liked to make pastas so that is all the special dishes that we received. They were quite good but we were expecting more as you described on the Emerald.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I actually sent Princess an email about that. I felt that, compared to what other lines offer, one pasta dish is not really elevated dining. (Although the service was outstanding).