So, I got an e-mail from Holland America that my cabin was changed

ontheweb

so I went to their website and tried to get my new cabin number. I could not find it. The next step was to call their toll free #.

OK, I can help you with that. Hit experience, then go down and find your ship. Then click on the ship. And it came on the deck I was now on (one higher than I had been). But, I could not see which cabin.

She said maybe you have to zoom in. I asked her to just tell me, and she did including where the cabin was. I said there should be an easier way to access this information. She said she agreed, but could not really say anything.

I also said I had trouble logging on; it would not accept my password. So, I changed it, and it still would not let me log on, but when I went back I was logged in. Her response was that "this is a known issue; it is temperamental". I said that was a politically correct way of saying screwed up, and she laughed.

Edited by ontheweb
minor corrections

so I went to their website and tried to get my new cabin number. I could not find it. The next step was to call their toll free #.

OK, I can help you with that. Hit experience, then go down and find your ship. Then click on the ship. And it came on the deck I was now on (one higher than I had been). But, I could not see which cabin.

She said maybe you have to zoom in. I asked her to just tell me, and she did including where the cabin was. I said there should be an easier way to access this information. She said she agreed, but could not really say anything.

I also said I had trouble logging on; it would not accept my password. So, I changed it, and it still would not let me log on, but when I went back I was logged in. Her response was that "this is a known issue; it is temperamental". I said that was a politically correct way of saying screwed up, and she laughed.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cruiseline.php?line=Holland%20America

It does not speak well of HAL when we continually hear a bout these 'screw ups' and HAL seems to shrug it off as not a 'big deal,' but it is a big deal' . I cannot imagine how many prospective 'valued guests', got disgusted and gave up. Some likely decided HAL is too hard to deal with I Gave up when I could not get confirmation of b-to-b booking and the deposits. I have not yet found a replacement cruise and thus am left with no cruise. I hope they figure out they have a problem ad get it fixed. I'd like to have a cruise to look forward to but do not want high blood pressure trying to get it booked. I doubt I am the only one .

Edited by sail7seas

Okay -- you said that your cabin has been changed.

Do you like your new cabin? Was it an upgrade?

OP, are they calling it an 'upsell' or an 'upgrade? Are you okay with it?

OP, are they calling it an 'upsell' or an 'upgrade? Are you okay with it?

They just said it was a change. It was definitely not an "upsell" since we did not pay for it. We went up one deck and slightly more to the middle of the ship.

We're fine with it.

They just said it was a change. It was definitely not an "upsell" since we did not pay for it. We went up one deck and slightly more to the middle of the ship.

We're fine with it.

Happy to hear you are fine with the change

Enjoy !

Presuming you booked a guarantee to begin with?

I have asked before but if you answered, I did not see it.....

What does your quote in your signature mean?

Krooz Nut

Otherwise known as 'Don Quique'..

I have googled and still don't 'get it'.

Presuming you booked a guarantee to begin with?

No, it was not a guarantee; we had booked a specific cabin. We actually went from an MM (lowest category on which there was a great sale price but you had to pay the full fare as a non-refundable deposit) to K.

This will be our 12th cruise, but only 2nd on Holland America. On the other HAL cruise we had booked an inside guarantee, but when we were finally assigned a cabin it was an obstructed view.

Krooznut has answered you twice, now.

Sail, I could have sworn that I answered this for you once before; but anyway it's an old signature that I appended to my roll call posts (along with a bunch of friends sailing with us to Mexico a few years ago). Simply for fun prior to that particular cruise. I just never removed it, but I guess I could since it is causing some confusion. ;)

Then again, I may leave it there since we're sailing to Mexico again on Eurodam later this year. :D

A bit off topic, but I think the new HAL website is complete garbage. Get this--I can't use my account anymore because I used the "remember me" option for my husband's account and it ALWAYS autofills and won't accept my sign ins.

I despise the way pages load and I hate the "interactive itinerary" option.

Now, I book cruises via a big box membership club store site and it's much more user friendly, but sadly, I do have to go to the HAL website for some things.......needless to say, I just can't wait to try online check in..........NOT.

I'm not the least bit surprised that you had a problem finding something as simple as a room number.

A bit off topic, but I think the new HAL website is complete garbage. Get this--I can't use my account anymore because I used the "remember me" option for my husband's account and it ALWAYS autofills and won't accept my sign ins.

I despise the way pages load and I hate the "interactive itinerary" option.

Now, I book cruises via a big box membership club store site and it's much more user friendly, but sadly, I do have to go to the HAL website for some things.......needless to say, I just can't wait to try online check in..........NOT.

I'm not the least bit surprised that you had a problem finding something as simple as a room number.

Delete your cache and cookies for HAL and you'll be ok to sign into your account.

Yes, I have answered your question about this... twice. And rather than answer it yet again, I will refer you to this thread (posts 11, 13 and 14). ;):)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2647668

Delete your cache and cookies for HAL and you'll be ok to sign into your account.

You're probably right, but it's not worth the trouble. I lose all kinds of auto sign-ins, etc. when I do that. As far as I'm concerned, it's their problem to fix.

You're probably right, but it's not worth the trouble. I lose all kinds of auto sign-ins, etc. when I do that. As far as I'm concerned, it's their problem to fix.

With Safari, I can delete cookies and/or cache for a single website, in this case HAL. The same with Chrome, Firefox and Opera. I don't know about Edge or other Microsoft browsers, but I'm sure someone here can comment. It's well worth the effort if your browser allows for it.

To those who want to find a cabin on the HAL website.

Go to"our ships" and click, it will bring up a screen with all the ships. Scroll down to the ship you want and click on the name of the ship which should bring up another screen with a liine that says pdf of deck" or something like that click on that and it should bring up a screen with the deck plans. Then you can zoom it to make it bigger so you can read the cabin numbers. You can either scroll down or click on the down arrow in the pdf box to find the deck you want. It you have zoomed to make it bigger you will have to scroll down or up to find your cabin.

I hope this helps. I usually do this without signing in just to get an idea of the deck plans for the ships. I hope I have given the correct sequence as I am writing this on my Kindle.

Go those who want to find a cabin on the HAL website.

Go to"our ships" and click, it will bring up a screen with all the ships. Scroll down to the ship you want and click on the name of the ship which should bring up another screen with a liine that says pdf of deck" or something like that click on that and it should bring up a screen with the deck plans. Then you can zoom it to make it bigger so you can read the cabin numbers. You can either scroll down or click on the down arrow in the pdf box to find the deck you want. It you have zoomed to make it bigger you will have to scroll down or up to find your cabin.

I hope this helps. I usually do this without signing in just to get an idea of the deck plans for the ships. I hope I have given the correct sequence as I am writing this on my Kindle.

Or just google "deck plans noordam" or whichever ship you are interested. Quick and easy and the pdf is usually in the first two or three search results.

To those who want to find a cabin on the HAL website.

OP here. To find the cabin we were now assigned, that is what the rep had us do except that first I was told to click on experience.

Now a confession---I actually knew the cabin number because I called my TA after I read the e-mail. Actually the e-mail in addition to telling me that the cabin assignment had changed also said TO CALL YOUR TRAVEL PROFESSIONAL.

Still it irked me that this information was not readily available on the HAL website when I went on it. And the comment by the rep that she could not comment on that when I said that there really should be an easier way to find the information says a whole lot about the way their website is not user friendly.

And thinking about it now, how hard would it have been to include the new cabin number in the e-mail instead of just saying your cabin has been changed?