RCCL Texting

The plans are to have messaging with it according to a RC employee who is on the team developing the new app.

That (along with other features) has been the official line from RCI since the app was announced more than a year ago - the issue at this point is, when?

There are five ships on the new app. The plans are to have messaging with it according to a RC employee who is on the team developing the new app.

I could have swore that when I opened the app a few days ago, it also listed Mariner. You also didn’t have to log in.

Now it is back to just the five ships, and you have to log in. Maybe they released too early and rolled it back.

I was hoping Indy would show up, since that is the next two we have after Harmony.

Maybe Mariner and Indy next since they just had major refurbs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That (along with other features) has been the official line from RCI since the app was announced more than a year ago - the issue at this point is, when?

That’s what I asked him. He sounded like by years end. I have his email. I think I’ll write. I told him that other than a website that is reliable, passengers have been promised an app that works with texting for a long time. Heck, Carnival has had that a good while with a $5 fee for the week to text.

That’s what I asked him. He sounded like by years end. I have his email. I think I’ll write..

You might as well ask when the rest of the ships will get the app - seems to be a lengthy pause (3+ months) in deployment to any other ships.

On the Oasis can you use the Royal App to look at the show schedule, activties etc.... without having to pay for the Wi-fi package ?

Thanks

We found that the show schedule did not have a complete listing of all the activities that were listed in the compass.

On the Oasis can you use the Royal App to look at the show schedule, activties etc.... without having to pay for the Wi-fi package ?

Once inside 2 months from sailing, you can look at that info even before getting on the ship.