What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

7 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

I got an email to bid, my sister did not. Can I send her the link for her to bid as well or how can she bid without getting an email?

gracelyn

Pretty sure that bids are attached to the reservation, so no.  Have her check her ncl account to see if she has an upgrade offer there.  Sometimes there isn't an email.  Do you both both have the same category, circumstance (number of guests for example)?

Edited by julig22

36 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Pretty sure that bids are attached to the reservation, so no.  Have her check her ncl account to see if she has an upgrade offer there.  Sometimes there isn't an email.  Do you both both have the same category, circumstance (number of guests for example)?

She has nothing in her MYNCL.  So she has a different category. Handicap partial obs picture window.  

22 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

She has nothing in her MYNCL.  So she has a different category. Handicap partial obs picture window.  

FYI, if you bid and win you are NOT guaranteed a handicap room even if your original is handicap. Then she'll be stuck without one, if you need it.

19 minutes ago, TsTucker said:

FYI, if you bid and win you are NOT guaranteed a handicap room even if your original is handicap. Then she'll be stuck without one, if you need it.

Yes that’s what I’ve told her. She’d like to bid but didn’t get an offer. Not sure if she didn’t get one because of the handicap room. 

Just placed bids for our 4/12 sailing. Currently have a spa balcony.   Bid $120 for spa mini and a "poor" bid for a Haven spa mini

This is our 1at cruise with NFL.   Do they take that.into consideration or give preference to frequent cruisers?

Figure the Haven bid is just  dream but did try....

2 hours ago, Gracelyn said:

Yes that’s what I’ve told her. She’d like to bid but didn’t get an offer. Not sure if she didn’t get one because of the handicap room. 

If she is booked in an accessible cabin (obstructed OV on Deck 8 is quite "spacious" - there are only 8 of them) and her reservation is flagged as such - highly unlikely the accessible balconies are available for bidding, as those are likely confirmed booking for other cruisers with accessible needs (or, else - will be bumped ... etc. etc.) & sold out. 

Then, given the above variables - she is most likely not in the pool of eligible cruisers to get to bid.  The offer/link you've received to bid is yours and associated with your reservation/booking details - it is not transferable to someone else.  Winning a bid to a higher category stateroom is based on a GTY assignment, not to another accessible stateroom.  The balcony cabins are smaller in comparison to the accessible obstructed oceanview ("OK" category on Deck 8 AFT).  Do NOT bid or else, you and your sister will be at fault ... you've been advised by 2 other CC'ers herein & "explained". 

If you wish to take your own chances and submit a bid to upgrade your own cabin, feel free to do so & good luck !

Edited by mking8288

7 hours ago, krittykat said:

Just placed bids for our 4/12 sailing. Currently have a spa balcony.   Bid $120 for spa mini and a "poor" bid for a Haven spa mini

This is our 1at cruise with NFL.   Do they take that.into consideration or give preference to frequent cruisers?

Figure the Haven bid is just  dream but did try....

There has been much speculation about that, but no proof one way or the other. NCL doesn't share what criteria PlusGrade uses in their algorithm.

So, I am 14 days from my cruise. I submitted bids when I got the email. I remember in the past, people mentioned watching the "status" of their bids. ("Pending" and "processing" meant different things) But I don't see a status. Where would I see the status of my bid?

5 hours ago, Gracelyn said:

I have passed it on to her so all is well in this sisterhood! 
gracelyn 

You can submit a bid on your stateroom, if you choose to and if you win - once onboard, you can swap or exchange the cabin with your sister; and/or - get an extra "access only" key (no charging privileges) to share with her & use, i.e. the balcony on a sea day ... assuming she has the space to move around & get to the balcony unassisted, etc.

BTW, the "OK" cabin exited to the AFT elevators, one of which go directly down to the main level of the MDR, without taking the stairs.  From the short corridor in the opposite direction - only 4 accessible obstructed cabins - around the corner, open the door to exit to O'Sheehans (Locals) for casual 24/7 dining and around to the mid-ship elevators. Access to the buffet is super easy from mid & aft elevators. 

Again, good luck if you choose to submit a bid and let us know about the outcome.  Happy cruising. 

☹️  Just notified that I did not get any of my bids accepted for Sundays (1/26) Getaway (has been pretty full for weeks now).  I have a I1 (family inside) and bid at fair/good line on meter for OV, Balcony and Balcony Spa.  For what it is worth, I am a platinum member and booked through CAS.

Looking forward to a great cruise!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prnsessmoi said:

So, I am 14 days from my cruise ... watching the "status" of their bids. ("Pending" and "processing" meant different things) But I don't see ... would I see the status of my bid?

The status doesn't change, except on that unknown day (up to 48 hours before embarkation) when the magical robot (or human) accepted your bidding offer.  It will then; and, only then - change to "processing" until it is finished & done.  Then the status will change to "upgraded" with the new stateroom assignment at the same time, or within the new 6 to 12/24 hours, giving you time to re-print your eDocs & eLuggage tags ... unless you are traveling & on the road, and don't have access to a b&w printer, etc. 

Otherwise, each time you log in to see your bidded amount, it should be there & say "pending".  I don't have our recent one but the format is the same, from 2017, we didn't get a mini but got accepted for a balcony, midship on Deck 9. 

P.S.  Good luck ... it seemed, lately, winning bids for Haven, suites & minis are getting "processed" earlier - compared to earlier days in 2019, 2018 & 2017 - nothing statistically-based, just a matter of impression. 

Collage 2020-01-24 15_50_32.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

Received upgrade earlier today for 2/1 Escape sailing, from (M6) Mini-Suite with Large Balcony to (H6) Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse; bid meter was in the higher poor range, just below fair.  H6 rooms had recently shown as sold out, not sure exactly how that worked, but perhaps someone in H6 was upgraded to a larger Haven room.  For those trying to find rhyme, reason, or patterns in ncl's upgrade algorithm, there are 4 of us traveling as a family in 1 cabin and none of us have any status as latitude members. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oracer said:

Just to verify, you will not see the upgrade bid until you have fully paid correct?  We put in the deposit for a June 2020 sailing in January and our final payment is in 14 days.  I should see it after that?

Typically, bids are sent out within about 3 months or less of sailing.  While I did get one shortly after final payment, it was atypical and the category was sold-out at the time, so bids to upgrade would free up rooms in that category under those circumstances.  Unless a category is sold out, the odds of getting a bid offer until closer to sailing time are unlikely.

Also, there are no guarantees that you will ever get an upgrade offer.  Not everybody does and the how or why is a closely guarded secret.

12 minutes ago, oracer said:

Just to verify, you will not see the upgrade bid until you have fully paid correct?  We put in the deposit for a June 2020 sailing ... final payment is in 14 days.  I should see it ... 

Nowadays, final/balance/full payment for a typical 7 days cruise is 120 days  or about 4 months out.  Assuming you booked directly with NCL or a T/A that did not OPT out to participate, the invite/offer to bid should go out around the 80 days mark ... I've seen reports lately by some, saying 100 days.  Regardless, that would be AFTER final/payment in full, ahead of - whether it's 80 or 100 days.  

You should see a pop-up when logged into MyNCL account and/or get an email with the exclusive link (check your spam filter also)