Kids sail free alert!!!

just a heads up everyone, kids sail free is going on again! July 2nd to the 4th!

Kids sail free promo is available the entire month of a July.

There are also many restrictions on sail dates.

*See your travel professional for complete terms and conditions. BOGO (“Offer”): Cruise must be booked between 7/2/18 – 7/31/18 (“Offer Period”). Offer applies to sailings departing on or after 8/2/18. “Kids Sail for Free Offer” offers free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on 4 nights or longer Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, CaribNE, Canada, Coastal, Hawaii and Europe sailings departing between 8/31/18 – 5/14/19. The Kids Sail Free Bonus excludes sailings between 11/17/18 – 11/23/18, sailings between 12/17/18 – 1/1/19, sailings between 2/15/19 – 2/18/19, sailings between 3/16/19 – 3/30/19 and sailings between 4/13/19 – 4/22/19. Refer to http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. ©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: Bahamas. 18062838 • 6/15/2018

Too bad it's not really "free", just another marketing tactic.

It really is free, except for taxes, port fees and grats. I travel with my kids a bunch. This is the ONLY non smoke and mirrors sale. We almost exclusively book KSF, and it makes a HUGE difference. Normally at least 1,000 dollars based on the cruise.

I stalk the KSF. It really is the best deal for cruising with kids. We even started homeschooling our oldest just so we could travel and cruise more, just so we could use the KSF offers more.

Really stinks that my 14 year old is considered an adult. I love how with most everything he has to be 18 to be considered an adult but places like cruises and Disney, kids are suddenly adults when they hit 12. Actually Disney I think is 10 when they hit adulthood!

Seems like the system must be updating. I am pricing out cruises, and sometimes the KSF is popping up and sometimes not. These are all on applicable cruises within the dates via the direct link for KSF free cruises on the RCI website under deals portion that automatically filters out all non applicable cruises in case you were about to ask.

Sometimes the discount doesn't pop up until I get all the way to the end too as it. Seems a little random right now if a cruise is getting applied. I suspect in the next couple hours, all the applicable cruises will be showing correct pricing.

Must be the website updating. Who woulda thought RCI would have website issues??

Edited by rimmit

Too bad it's not really "free", just another marketing tactic.

Its all about how you book and cabin arrangement.

For Example (Harmony of the Seas March 10, 2019 Sailing):

A family of 4 (2 kids) can sail in a boardwalk balcony for $2942.

A family of 4 (4 Adults) can sail in the same balcony for $4712.

A family of 4 (Any) can sail in two boardwalk balconies for $5020.

So if you were traveling with 4 adults (13+) it would make sense to split up the rooms for the $312 extra dollars. The same split is $2078 more for the family with 2 kids.

Kids sail free does make it much cheaper in this arrangement.

I tried a mock booking of my cruise and I didn't see a kids sail free but it is almost the same price I got with kids sail free on a past promo.

Well if you didn’t have a kids sail free, it would likely be cheaper if kids sail free was applied. I have spent 10 of hours pricing out cruises. The KSF is the only promo that makes a difference for a family sailing with kids, And we have booked many kids sale free promos. The BOGO 50, everyone 30% off, 3rd and 4th guest discounts, etc are all smoke and mirrors and at best vary 10-20 dollars between each offer. Most of the times I will go ahead and book it without the kids sale free to get the cabin I want, and then I will rebook with the KSF promo. The price adjustments I get are always huge. I have never booked a cruise in which it did not matter, but I am sure they are out there.

I just know the cruise dates I have booked, the kids sale free was highly beneficial and I recommend anyone with kids take a look at it. Will it make a difference for you, maybe or maybe not, but you definitely shouldn’t ignore a sale that could save you a thousand dollars.

I dont see it????? HELP...I need this for family members

if you click on "plan a cruise" on royals website, there will be a link that says deals. click there, then on kids sail free. it will list all the available cruises for this promo!

Also, its always good to recheck pricing from time to time. I booked during the last KSF promotion in late may. Today with the new promotions sales plus KSF I saved $551 with the same perks for a March Harmony sailing. They must not be selling cabins.

Looked at Mariner April 29 - May 3, 2019. Did figure out that they do charge taxes and fees for children. It's weird when you figure it out because if you look at base price for a spacious oceanview for adults/kids base price is $211, but if just do adults the base price is $322. When get to final price with kids it's $1017.32, but with just adults it's $830.16. I then subtracted the totals and it equals to adding the taxes and fees.

if you click on "plan a cruise" on royals website, there will be a link that says deals. click there, then on kids sail free. it will list all the available cruises for this promo!

THANK YOU :hearteyes:..."YOU" understood what I was asking unlike one poster who didn't offer anything except a smart unnecessary comment

I tried doing a mock booking and it still shows about $300 for each kid when you look at it priced out. So how are they free?

They pay taxes and port fees only. Also if you buy cruise insurance through RCCL you don't have to pay for the kids as there is no part that isn't refundable (taxes and port fees are always refundable). We did a Kids sail Free last Oct. in 3 Crown Lofts. We had 6 adults and 5 kids. The Adult prices went up but after the KSF discount the TOTAL went down by over $2000! Was a pretty GREAT SALE for me! So quit complaining and either book it or don't.