Any luck boarding with temp ID?

OCMama

Following as I am curious to know the outcome. I currently have a temp paper license and though h don’t cruise til October, the DMV is experiencing delays getting me my permanent one. I’m nervous even though I know I have 3 months lol, Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the same cruise!

I lost our passports & birth certificates in our recent move ... I'm just sick about it. I'm hoping that's still plenty of time to replace them. :D

Yay for OP ... enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They most certainly have something to say about who leaves the country and who gets back in.

TSA works at the airport. Customs and Border Patrol works at the port (as well as the airport for International flights). There are no TSA agents at a cruise ship terminal.

We are on the same cruise!

I lost our passports & birth certificates in our recent move ... I'm just sick about it. I'm hoping that's still plenty of time to replace them. :D

Yay for OP ... enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have pictures of our passports in various places just in case. It moves the process faster when you have the numbers. Something to think about for the future. You can get everything expedited if you have the time and money.Moving is a mess. Maybe they’ll turn up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad that the issue is resolved and the OP can enjoy their cruise. Hopefully this thread will not encourage others to attempt boarding without appropriate ID. Imagine how much boarding will be delayed if 10% of the guests don't have correct ID.

Just like the issue of sailing with minors who have a different surname, the main difficulty can occur at the end of a cruise when exiting through US Customs.

Glad that the issue is resolved and the OP can enjoy their cruise. Hopefully this thread will not encourage others to attempt boarding without appropriate ID. Imagine how much boarding will be delayed if 10% of the guests don't have correct ID.

Just like the issue of sailing with minors who have a different surname, the main difficulty can occur at the end of a cruise when exiting through US Customs.

And the OP didn't say what ID she ended up using.

TSA works at the airport. Customs and Border Patrol works at the port (as well as the airport for International flights). There are no TSA agents at a cruise ship terminal.

I agree, we have never seen any tsa personel at ports, just old fashioned border control agents. And thank goodness!:cool:

And the OP didn't say what ID she ended up using.

She used her birth certificate, expired driver's license (to show the picture), and the temporary paper driver's license the DMV gave her, which didn't have a picture. The DMV told her she shouldn't have any issues using the paper driver's license because it is government issued. They were right. I still wouldn't recommend going with that type of identification if you can avoid it. It was stressful!

She used her birth certificate, expired driver's license (to show the picture), and the temporary paper driver's license the DMV gave her, which didn't have a picture. The DMV told her she shouldn't have any issues using the paper driver's license because it is government issued. They were right. I still wouldn't recommend going with that type of identification if you can avoid it. It was stressful!

I'm guessing your niece learned a valuable lesson (or two) from this but I'm glad it worked out and she could sail with the group. It's also good info for us here regarding the expired DL and the paper temporary (along with the BC) for ID. I wouldn't recommend it either but in an unexpected/unintended pinch, it can work. :)