Behind the scenes tour question

myra711

I was looking at dailies from early June, and on all the days (2 or 3!) that the tour was offered, no times were posted.

1) Why would that be? and

2) What times are likely, if anyone can know?

FWIW, I'm going on the Escape to Bermuda 8/12.

TIA!

Susan

I enjoyed the tour more than I thought I would. I am sure they still do the same thing but we all got individual photos of ourselves working in the kitchen with chef hats on encased in the padded NCL booklet. The big size too. Same size as the embarkation photo offer with booklet. That's half the price and a pretty cool keep sake. Not every tour enters the bridge are but we did and it was really cool.

The tour sells out very fast.

I enjoyed the tour more than I thought I would. I am sure they still do the same thing but we all got individual photos of ourselves working in the kitchen with chef hats on encased in the padded NCL booklet. The big size too. Same size as the embarkation photo offer with booklet. That's half the price and a pretty cool keep sake. Not every tour enters the bridge are but we did and it was really cool.

The tour sells out very fast.

I enjoyed it a lot although it's quite long in my opinion. The photo is a nice souvenir, would have loved to have seen the bridge!

I was looking at dailies from early June, and on all the days (2 or 3!) that the tour was offered, no times were posted.

1) Why would that be? and

2) What times are likely, if anyone can know?

FWIW, I'm going on the Escape to Bermuda 8/12.

TIA!

Susan

If you really want to go on the tour go to guest services as soon as you get on the ship. Both the paid and the Platinum tours go very fast. I did a platinum tour on the BA and they had 3 groups of 15 of us

Tours usually done mid morning on SEA days.

Areas covered the Laundry Facility - Main Dining Room Galley - Back Stage of Theatre - and the "I"95

crew corridor on a lower deck seeing all the recycle operations - crew galley (No crew quarters).

AND NO BRIDGE TOURS any more due to Security.

As previously noted when you FIRST get on board head to Next Cruise desk if Platinum for your free

tour and if doing the Paid tour I believe it is handled thru the Shore Excursions desk.

DON"T WAIT these tours are very popular and are limited to small groups of guests.

You will be advised No flip-flops open toes footwear due to walking climbing steep stairways with

grated steel plate. Cameras and video welcomed EXCEPT where the tour Guide says otherwise.

And please feel free to ask all the questions you want - now is the time to get the answers to what makes NCL Click !

Thank you all for the advice. Christy, for the Dailies that I looked at, there seems to have been a tour(s) on Wednesday, the first day in Bermuda. I was surprised to see that, and glad to see that there was another option (Friday, a sea day). I'm not sure if there was any other day listed.

I will be running to the excursion desk ASAP upon boarding.

My husband and I just hit Platinum and are excited to do the behind the scenes tour. I'm just wondering if our son can come with us. He is listed as a child and does not yet qualify for latitudes status.

Here's a huge quantity of behind the scenes pictures on the Pearl a few years ago. We could go on the bridge still then.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOhtlSM6OxL6Nlty6_db3Uc2uFw1iH0thRmHY0Kn6XZ2lH8k0_GfMdon8C8OnUGuw?key=TUZOMEhWT3BIV0VmRGZ4R3lKaWxuTG1aRGxLTEtR

Thanks for sharing! When we did the tour last year we weren't allowed to take pics in any part of the theater area.

My husband and I just hit Platinum and are excited to do the behind the scenes tour. I'm just wondering if our son can come with us. He is listed as a child and does not yet qualify for latitudes status.

On my last tour on the BA in February they had a strict age limit of 18. I don't remember that on the Gem. New to the tour was (4) Security people, never saw that on the Gem or the Dawn......

Also don't forget NO OPEN TOE SHOES......They spell it our very clearly, they even call your cabin the day before and leave a message. Yet we had 4 people in our group of 15 who had to sprint back to their cabins to get proper foot wear.

Hmm, I guess the rules vary ship to ship. I have always been told kids are NOT allowed. Security/safety issue. Have also been told platinum guests only, NO exceptions.

That is what we've always seen too.

Does anyone happen to know the cost of the tour? I don't see it listed in my cruiseplanner but know that on Royal in May they were charging $89 per person.

The only time I did one was on my very first cruise aboard the Norway back in the 1990's. The tour was free and we covered off the bridge, the kitchen and back stage at the shows.

Would be interested in seeing the Escape if it becomes available.

Kids were on my tour in 2015. Maybe its changed since then? I felt for one kid because he was bored to death and would just sit on the floor while the NCL heads in each dept did their speech and presentation. Some kids just would not have the attention span or care how the laundry room works or how garbage is compressed. My tour was not the free latitudes one but the full price, full tour.

It was honestly never a problem - we are both platinum. Maybe because we were Haven/Suites? Not sure. Definitely got a kick out of sitting in the captain's chair and spinning the faux wheel. If I could post a photo I would..

It was honestly never a problem - we are both platinum. Maybe because we were Haven/Suites? Not sure. Definitely got a kick out of sitting in the captain's chair and spinning the faux wheel. If I could post a photo I would..

Did you go to other places than just the bridge?

Kids were on my tour in 2015. Maybe its changed since then? I felt for one kid because he was bored to death and would just sit on the floor while the NCL heads in each dept did their speech and presentation. Some kids just would not have the attention span or care how the laundry room works or how garbage is compressed. My tour was not the free latitudes one but the full price, full tour.

My son will be in 6th grade and is completely into science and engineering. Plus, he's an avid cruiser. He'd love it!

If you really want to go on the tour go to guest services as soon as you get on the ship. Both the paid and the Platinum tours go very fast. I did a platinum tour on the BA and they had 3 groups of 15 of us

Platinum tours are booked through the Cruise Next desk.

Regular paid tours are booked through shore excursions.

Nothing is booked at guest services.