Current Cruise Director (CD) List

3 hours ago, schmeed said:

Mitch was a big yawn for us.  Flavio (Activities Manager) did most of the leg work and was much better.

But...we've sailed with Graham Seymour and NOBODY can even come close to how good he is.

On many ships the Activities Manager does most of the 'heavy lifting and leg work'...yet CD's cover the 'top' events.  

We had the experience of playing Love and Marriage with Mitch when Majesty.  We were the winning couple as the 'longest married'.   He had very interesting questions, the typical risque variety, but some just funny.....and the interaction was most fun.  We have been on sailings with him on other ships and he never forgot the weird question that he asked and the weirder response that I matched my DH on that caused him to 'drop the mic'.  

So I have to ask....why does Graham Seymour stand out....that causes you to say "NOBODY' can come close to how good he is.

I have said it before and will say it again, bring back Dru Pavlov. I will never forget his tribute to the Veterans on our Nov.2018 cruise. That man brought many of us to tears, and the next week he was gone. Quite a few of us were on a b2b and were stunned that he wasn't there the next week and Dennis Charles was called back from vacation. To this day none of us folk know what happened ? Any clues?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

On many ships the Activities Manager does most of the 'heavy lifting and leg work'...yet CD's cover the 'top' events.  

We had the experience of playing Love and Marriage with Mitch when Majesty.  We were the winning couple as the 'longest married'.   He had very interesting questions, the typical risque variety, but some just funny.....and the interaction was most fun.  We have been on sailings with him on other ships and he never forgot the weird question that he asked and the weirder response that I matched my DH on that caused him to 'drop the mic'.  

So I have to ask....why does Graham Seymour stand out....that causes you to say "NOBODY' can come close to how good he is.

Well, bearing in mind that everyone has an opinion...

Graham led all of the major events on board.  He made the Love & Marriage game fun, the Quest hilarious, Disco Inferno, the belly flop contest, etc.  Mitch didn't lead most of those and the ones he did lead, he wasn't funny.  Maybe he had an off week.  Flavio was far better.

Graham produced a DAILY TV show from his office that played on the ship TVs all day long and it was hilarious.  He sang a solo before one of the headliner shows that was outstanding.

Overall, I just believe he is a very talented, funny and engaging CD who does far more than most of the CDs I've witnessed.  I've been on 15 cruises with RCI and I can say (IMO) Graham is the best.

Do some searching on Graham Seymour and you will see a LOT of people talking about him.  He also sells DVDs of some of his produced material.

Edited by schmeed
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, schmeed said:

Graham led all of the major events on board.  He made the Love & Marriage game fun, the Quest hilarious, Disco Inferno, the belly flop contest, etc.  Mitch didn't lead most of those and the ones he did lead, he wasn't funny.  Maybe he had an off week.  Flavio was far better.

Graham produced a DAILY TV show from his office that played on the ship TVs all day long and it was hilarious.  He sang a solo before one of the headliner shows that was outstanding.

Overall, I just believe he is a very talented, funny and engaging CD who does far more than most of the CDs I've witnessed.  I've been on 15 cruises with RCI and I can say (IMO) Graham is the best.

Do some searching on Graham Seymour and you will see a LOT of people talking about him.  He also sells DVDs of some of his produced material.

I Argee Graham is one off the best cruise director and second best was Richard Spacey but he left.

17 hours ago, watson50 said:

I have said it before and will say it again, bring back Dru Pavlov. I will never forget his tribute to the Veterans on our Nov.2018 cruise. That man brought many of us to tears, and the next week he was gone. Quite a few of us were on a b2b and were stunned that he wasn't there the next week and Dennis Charles was called back from vacation. To this day none of us folk know what happened ? Any clues?

Yes I agree about Dru..I have yet to see the answer..we were just on cruise in March on Anthem and had Dennis..he was ok..but Dru my favorite..(besides Jimmy Rhodes who I had on my very first cruise which was on the Explorer when the Explorer went out of Bayonne)

Totally agree about Graham being the best I've had on any cruise.  That being said, we had Michele on our Harmony cruise in November, and he was awesome as well.  Very present and conducted most of the activities himself.  Funny guy!

Graham....still my favorite!

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Jimmy Rhodes was the worst we ever had.  All we did on Quantum was trivia.  It was the most boring cruise we have been on.  Leigh was the best followed by Abe Hughes.

Jimmy Rhodes was my first cruise ever so I had no one to compare to..he was good back then..I like Abe Hughes also..had him several times..was just googling about Dry Pavlov..looks like he is on Celebrity Solstice (not sure if that's his current status)

10 minutes ago, Piperandleroy said:

Jimmy Rhodes was my first cruise ever so I had no one to compare to..he was good back then..I like Abe Hughes also..had him several times..was just googling about Dry Pavlov..looks like he is on Celebrity Solstice (not sure if that's his current status)

Dru used to be a CD on Celebrity before he joined Royal.

21 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Jimmy Rhodes was the worst we ever had.  All we did on Quantum was trivia.  It was the most boring cruise we have been on.  Leigh was the best followed by Abe Hughes.

I liked Jimmy. Admittedly, you aren't the first person that commented on a lack of activities on his sailings but I've always found him to be a good host, friendly and energetic. I think he's perfect on the Oasis Class with everything going on, and a generally younger clientele.

Looks like Dru was interviewing for a Port Shopping position for PPI not too long after he left Anthem, so I am sure he will show up on another line at some point. He is way too good at what he does for him not to IMHO. 

"PPI Group employs dynamic individuals with strong sales experience and outstanding public-speaking skills to work aboard cruise ships as shopping presenters."

"...some of the world’s most popular cruise lines including Disney, Norwegian, Holland America, and more!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kmxh_Xkaiw&t=5s

4 hours ago, JBoshears said:

Totally agree about Graham being the best I've had on any cruise.  That being said, we had Michele on our Harmony cruise in November, and he was awesome as well.  Very present and conducted most of the activities himself.  Funny guy!

Graham....still my favorite!

I liked Michele on Symphony last year, he did a great job, particularly at the 80's night. I didn't get to see him doing the main activities such as Quest or L&M due to the ship being in Europe.

I wonder where he will be going next.

8 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

What ever happened to Ken Rush? Somehow he always seemed to be our CD. We really liked him.

I agree, Ken is great. He works shore-side now at the HQ as Director, Entertainment & Guest Activities.

23 hours ago, twccruiser said:

Looks like Dru was interviewing for a Port Shopping position for PPI not too long after he left Anthem, so I am sure he will show up on another line at some point. He is way too good at what he does for him not to IMHO. 

"PPI Group employs dynamic individuals with strong sales experience and outstanding public-speaking skills to work aboard cruise ships as shopping presenters."

"...some of the world’s most popular cruise lines including Disney, Norwegian, Holland America, and more!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kmxh_Xkaiw&t=5s

I actually ran into Dru in Nassau on March 31st.... He is working for Disney as a shopping team member (he was on the Disney Magic at the time)!!  - I talked to him & wished him luck - he seemed like he wanted to keep a low profile, didn't want to talk about RCL much, just that this was his new gig !!

Edited by cruizer rick
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 9:14 AM, schmeed said:

I absolutely know that everyone has an opinion.....and I wanted to hear why you felt Graham Seymour was outstanding....and you told me.  All is good.  I have never sailed with Graham, and look forward to it, if it happens based on what you have said.