Current Cruise Director (CD) List

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Is that conference the same time every year?  Was considering a February cruise on the Grandeur but seeing Cementhands comment has me wondering if this time of year may always be a crapshoot?  

This last conference seemed to be a surprise to our CD on Adventure last month, a short notice meeting.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

This last conference seemed to be a surprise to our CD on Adventure last month, a short notice meeting.

Ah, thanks, yeah in thinking about it I would think if it were a regular event those aiming to be CDs would be on deck for trial runs!

On 3/10/2019 at 10:37 PM, Miamia65 said:

Also Jimmy Rhodes will be back on Allure from 21 April for 4 months 

Thanks for posting.

We have sailed with Jimmy on the Explorer many times. Good to know he will be the CD on our Allure cruise.

2 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Conference is every 2 years. Always 1st or 2nd week of February.

Great! that means no conference in Feb 2020! We will be on the 12 N Grandeur.

Does anyone know where Daryll is? He used to be assistant CD on the Grandeur (I think) long time back.

Just now, Arzeena said:

Great! that means no conference in Feb 2020! We will be on the 12 N Grandeur.

Does anyone know where Daryll is? He used to be assistant CD on the Grandeur (I think) long time back.

Darryl left the company in 2015 unfortunately. He was great, should have been a CD.

1 minute ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Any idea who will be CD on Oasis after drydock?

Specifically for Dec 8, 2019 sailing?

No idea who will be the CD after Mike goes on vacation (although I guess Michele). 

Might be Abe Hughes as he's done the Harmony, Freedom and Symphony on their returns from Barcelona. He'll probably not be doing the Christmas or New Years cruises though.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:10 PM, heathermiller86nj said:

Just off the mariner with Assada as cd.  She was among the best we have ever had.  If she isn’t already a full time cd she deserves to be promoted effective immediately.  She is better than most cds we have had recently with royal Caribbean and reminded us of Becky Thompson who was our favorite until she retired.  Assada was engaging, funny organized and well balanced.  Great job royal Caribbean.

Assata Young-Mayers has been covering as CD for quite a few weeks even following the CD convention.  She officially signs off Mariner this coming Monday 4/1 for a long awaited vacation....she has spent 8 months onboard a ship, this time around.  Glad to hear that you enjoyed her as CD, and since she has not been told her next assignment --- you never know it could be as CD.  Time will tell.  We had a GREAT time with her when she was an Activity Manager some time ago.  

18 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Not been announced yet. Could be Dennis again.

7 hours ago, qkd0314 said:

Who is the CD from July 13-Sept 7 on Anthem? There is a gap on the schedule

We sail on that very last cruise returning on 9/7, and hoping that Mitch Merrucci ends up returning to the ship one sailing earlier....we have had him quite a few times and enjoy him a lot.  We have also had Dennis on a couple of sailing and had a good time.  Dennis was a hoot when we were on Jewel with him and he was in the Crew/Cruiser water volleyball game.   Time will tell.

Hello everyone. Royal should get back in touch with Dru Pavlov. We have cruised many times and fortunate enough to have Dru as our CD. He was very engaging, and had a great sense of humor. All around great guy. C'mon Royal give Dru a call. The Anthem needs you.

2 minutes ago, watson50 said:

Hello everyone. Royal should get back in touch with Dru Pavlov. We have cruised many times and fortunate enough to have Dru as our CD. He was very engaging, and had a great sense of humor. All around great guy. C'mon Royal give Dru a call. The Anthem needs you.

Yes I agree!! Dru is one of the best CD. Does anyone know what happened to him?

2 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I agree about Dru. Same for Tim Connor - he was also a popular CD, often assigned to large ships but suddenly disappeared.

Would love Leigh to return as well, although it seems that he and his AM Frankie are doing well on Carnival.

Who all remember the days of Leigh and Urkey (from Turkey)   Explorer cruisers were always in for a treat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, watson50 said:

Who all remember the days of Leigh and Urkey (from Turkey)   Explorer cruisers were always in for a treat

They were popular on here. Never sailed with Erky although had Leigh with Frankie on EX. Seen him a bit of Leigh & Erky on YouTube - seemed like a great team.

Abe Hughes  just announced on FB he has left his CD role and has taken a shore job

In the blink of an eye, it’s over....
Well, not “over”, rather the end of an incredible chapter of my life as “Your host, your Cruise Director...”

Today I signed off of Symphony of the Seas and will not be returning to “ship life”. I’ve accepted a position with the Sales Team for RCI that will keep me on dry land (with of course the occasional cruise). My wife and I are expecting our first in June, and looking forward to many more exciting times ahead. 

Thank you all for letting me be part of your vacation experience! Until next time....

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle

Just returned from the Anthem today.

Dennis Charles should be either fired or retired. He was terribly obnoxious and rude. His cruise staff was awful.......especially Big Hannah, Faye, Alex, Estefan and Dominee(?) They were discriminating and insulting certain categories of people.

Kudos to Rebecca, Sergio and Lawrence from the cruise staff! They make Royal Caribbean proud.

Please keep posting which ship the abominable Dennis will be on....We will make sure NOT to book on that ship. That man is a threat to Royal Caribbean!

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Just returned from the Anthem today.

Dennis Charles should be either fired or retired. He was terribly obnoxious and rude. His cruise staff was awful.......especially Big Hannah, Faye, Alex, Estefan and Dominee(?) They were discriminating and insulting certain categories of people.

Kudos to Rebecca, Sergio and Lawrence from the cruise staff! They make Royal Caribbean proud.

Please keep posting which ship the abominable Dennis will be on....We will make sure NOT to book on that ship. That man is a threat to Royal Caribbean!

Ouch. Strong words there. Even if you don't like him as a CD, is he really a threat to anyone? Write a letter to Royal about the insults though - that's unacceptable as there is a fine line between humour and discrimination.

He is rumoured to be going to Harmony next. Marc has said that he is onboard until mid-July - fingers crossed that I get Marc.

Edited by CruisingJoe09