Current Cruise Director (CD) List

2 hours ago, Peeker28 said:

Looks like Mitch Merucci will be on Anthem June 6th - any thoughts on him?  Last time I was on Anthem Drew P was the CD

1 hour ago, DELTABLUE said:

Lots of fun packed into a small package!:classic_biggrin:

Mitch is very entertaining and a people person....you will see him around the ship quite a bit.  We have had him several times and enjoyed each cruise with him.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Anyone familiar with Bill Bronckhorst?  I have family boarding Rhapsody next week and have not heard anything about him. 

Can they ask who takes over for June, thanks 

6 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Anyone familiar with Bill Bronckhorst?  I have family boarding Rhapsody next week and have not heard anything about him. 

We experienced him on a Dubai cruise. He's just really "flat". We called him "wooden Bill". He may as well have not been there. 

On 4/4/2019 at 10:09 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Haven't done the Public Hot Tub thing in 35+ yrs, soon as was old enough figure out water isn't changed. Then after started Cruising in 80's and watched couple having sex in ships Hot Tubs knew I made right call...

On 4/4/2019 at 10:32 PM, gaylemh said:

One comedian at an adult late night comedy, called hot tubs sitting in egg drop soup. That grossed me out for life from hot tubs.

The water is changed, sanitizer levels are kept up and filters cleaned.    Oh, and we all know comedians are experts on everything!  Feel free to avoid the hottubs, especially the ones in the solarium not overun with teenagers. 

INTERESTING, I quoted another thread and it posted here.  Probably because I was in CC on my phone and laptop.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

I guess going thru the paces is a good explanation. I would rate him average.

There's a few  like that.  It's irritating when they introduce themselves at the first night  show, and say ".......and you'll see me all over the ship......." and are then invisible except for theatre intros.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

There's a few  like that.  It's irritating when they introduce themselves at the first night  show, and say ".......and you'll see me all over the ship......." and are then invisible except for theatre intros.

On Oasis class ships they don't even handle the introduction at many of the shows....it is just 'Showtime' and up goes the curtain.  I personally want a cruise director who is 'around the ship'; I like to see them as much as when they are 'hosting an event'.  I know from the CD's that we have become friendly with that they have a lot of behind the scenes things to do, but being 'cruiser facing' to make sure all is going well onboard from an entertainment perspective is important also.  I call the CD and their entertainment staff, my camp director and counselors (for adults, of course).....and my enjoyment depends upon how well they do their job....and 95% of the time, they do a TERRIFIC JOB.  

I do know how much work they do "behind the scenes" (l follow Marc Walker on FB) but......

Why say "you'll see me all around the ship" when an experienced CD knows that his role will prevent that?

IIRC, Marc says "You may not see much of me around the ship, but when you do, please stop and say hello". Much better,  and  manages expectations well

3 hours ago, BillOh said:

The water is changed, sanitizer levels are kept up and filters cleaned.    Oh, and we all know comedians are experts on everything!  Feel free to avoid the hottubs, especially the ones in the solarium not overun with teenagers. 

INTERESTING, I quoted another thread and it posted here.  Probably because I was in CC on my phone and laptop.   

I know they are changed once a day, after hundreds bath and Wee in it. Like said after witnessed couple having Sex in it no more for me but help yourself...

I met Bill on the Adventure last August. In the welcome aboard show he said he was from town xyz in NJ. The next day I was him in the Windjammer and said I was from town xyz. We spoke about the town for about 10 minutes, and each time he was me after that, he always stopped to talk.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:24 AM, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I do know how much work they do "behind the scenes" (l follow Marc Walker on FB) but......

Why say "you'll see me all around the ship" when an experienced CD knows that his role will prevent that?

IIRC, Marc says "You may not see much of me around the ship, but when you do, please stop and say hello". Much better,  and  manages expectations well

I agree with you about 'managing the expectations'...but really 'what expectations' of seeing the CD around the ship should a cruiser have.  In all of our cruises on large and small ships....the smaller the ship the more likely a cruiser will bump into a CD and the larger the ship the less likely....just more 'ship to cover' --  I can't say I 'never' saw the CD on one of my sailings and on some sailings, I saw the CD alot (even on a big ship)....so it also depends upon WHAT spots on a ship I frequent and when.

On 3/30/2019 at 4:20 PM, DELTABLUE said:

Information needed, please...

ADVENTURE:  Ken Jones December 30 (for 2 months or 4 months?  Then Drew Devine?)  anything current?
ALLURE  Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21, then Jimmy Rhodes 4 months #911
ANTHEM Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCE:  Enzo Matijaca 
EMPRESS:    Elvis Pinto #803 through early July #907
ENCHANTMENT:    Susan Adams returns March 4 for 4 months.
EXPLORER:  Clo O'Connor until sometime in March when Graham returns (need date)  is Graham aboard now?
FREEDOM:   Patricio Honores as of February 24 #848
GRANDEUR:  John Blair  until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:   Marc Walker March 29 until late July #812, then Dennis Charles expects to be headed to Harmony for 2 months to cover Marc's break.
INDEPENDENCE:   Dan Whitney, Jamie Fentiman to return after vacation at the end of May, #923
JEWEL:  Andrea Oliviri returns March 13 #878
LIBERTY:  Jeff Arpin  -April 28, Brian Leavitt new CD as of April 28 #755 through August 11 #893                 

MARINER: Assata Young-Mayer #915 leaving April 1#936  next?               
MAJESTY:  Tanya Yates Tongue January 14 until April 29
NAVIGATOR:  Hugo Arenas #849 
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 2 months?), Mike Hunnerup TA in April #701
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 until April 17, Chris Brown covers vacation until Joeff returns for AK in June#917
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE:  Cuddy Cudworth January 14 (for 4 months?)
RHAPSODY: Bill Bronckhorst January 12 (for 2 months or 4 months)?
SERENADE:  Carly Boileau
SPECTRUM: Gordon Whatman April 18 #910

SYMPHONY:  Mike Szwajkowski is he aboard now?
VISION:    Cecy Del Razo #925
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (for 4 months?)

=================

Abe Hughes as of 3-30-19 accepted a position with the Sales Team for RCI shoreside #946

Going on the Freedom in less than a week in a half. Is it still going to be Patricio and does he have a Facebook or Twitter account to follow him? 

Edited by smatloff

52 minutes ago, smatloff said:

Going on the Freedom in less than a week in a half. Is it still going to be Patricio and does he have a Facebook or Twitter account to follow him? 

I will be on the Freedom June 30th anyone know who will be on then?  How about activities manager?

Information needed, please...

ADVENTURE:  Ken Jones December 30 (for 2 months or 4 months?  Then Drew Devine?) anything current?
ALLURE  Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21, then Jimmy Rhodes 4 months #911
ANTHEM Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCE:  Enzo Matijaca 
EMPRESS:    Elvis Pinto #803 through early July #907
ENCHANTMENT:    Susan Adams returns March 4 for 4 months.
EXPLORER:  Graham Seymour as of 3-29-19 #953
FREEDOM:   Patricio Honores as of February 24 #848
GRANDEUR:  John Blair  until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:   Marc Walker March 29 until late July #812, then Dennis Charles expects to be headed to Harmony for 2 months to cover Marc's break.
INDEPENDENCE:   Dan Whitney,  Jamie Fentiman to return after vacation at the end of May, #923
JEWEL:  Andrea Oliviri returns March 13 #878
LIBERTY:  Jeff Arpin  -April 28, Brian Leavitt new CD as of April 28 #755 through August 11 #893                 

MARINER:  Ricky Matthews on 4/1/19 #915                 
MAJESTY:  Tanya Yates Tongue January 14 until April 29
NAVIGATOR:  Hugo Arenas #849 
OASIS:   Mike Hunnerup #973
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 until April 17, Chris Brown covers vacation until Joeff returns for AK in June#917
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter
RADIANCE:  Cuddy Cudworth January 14 (for 4 months?)
RHAPSODY: Bill Bronckhorst January 12 (for 2 months or 4 months)?
SERENADE:  Carly Boileau
SPECTRUM: Gordon Whatman April 18 #910

SYMPHONY:  Mike Szwajkowski until August 17 #977

VISION:    Cecy Del Razo #925
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (for 4 months?) anything current?

Abe Hughes as of 3-30-19 accepted a position with the Sales Team for RCI shoreside #946

On 4/4/2019 at 6:35 PM, Paulette3028 said:

Mitch is very entertaining and a people person....you will see him around the ship quite a bit.  We have had him several times and enjoyed each cruise with him.  

Mitch was a big yawn for us.  Flavio (Activities Manager) did most of the leg work and was much better.

But...we've sailed with Graham Seymour and NOBODY can even come close to how good he is.