Sleep tight... but don’t look at your pillows either!

Schrinky

I’ve just recovered from nightmares of the ‘Sleep Tight - but don’t look under the sheets’ and you now post this!?!? Oh nooooooooooo,

Well, this also goes for hotels, B&B’s, your friends home, etc. Not disagreeing, but we all have to understand we are sleeping, sitting, eating on, etc items used by many, many people.

There was a poster once who was angry about no self-laundry because she’d Never have her laundry done with other pepole’s (she didn’t want to think about what they ‘did’ in their clothes - wow) - I posted that she then shouldn’t think about the towels, sheets, diningwear, etc done the same way in all localities outside her home, and suggested she should never leave home. Didn’t seem to phase her.

Do thank you for the heads up. We forget sometimes what is ‘lurking’ under the covers!

Den

Just off the Equinox. My husband woke up one morning and said he noticed his pillow smelled bad. We took off the pillowcases and this is what we found, on two different pillows:

Which cabin?

We were in cabin1521, Aqua Class. I was also told by the front desk that Aqua Class did not have pillow selections. After 3 days of trying I finally got a polyester filled pillow. That one was OK, these were the down pillows that were in the room when we arrived.

I would imagine most hotels have similar issues with pillows. People drool/dribble when they sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Heck, I drool/dribble when I just sitting and my wife has to reach over and wipe me off!! Tough getting geezer.

Den

Booked on Infinity. I'll be checking the mattress, mattress pad, duvet, sheets, pillows, pillow cases, under the bed, behind the bed. None of this really entered my mind, until you see pictures. I guess I just thought "Out of sight, out of mind". I won't be able to sleep now unless I do a proper inspection!

We were in cabin1521, Aqua Class. I was also told by the front desk that Aqua Class did not have pillow selections. After 3 days of trying I finally got a polyester filled pillow. That one was OK, these were the down pillows that were in the room when we arrived.

According to the perks of AQ there is a pillow menu. We have sailed in AQ many times and and I still haven’t found it. Some have claimed it is in the back of the cabin directory book. I asked many attendants about it and a few have pointed to the pillows on the sofa and said choose one. Others attendants just looked at me with a confused look as if they didn’t understand what I was asking about.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

According to the perks of AQ there is a pillow menu. We have sailed in AQ many times and and I still haven’t found it. Some have claimed it is in the back of the cabin directory book. I asked many attendants about it and a few have pointed to the pillows on the sofa and said choose one. Others attendants just looked at me with a confused look as if they didn’t understand what I was asking about.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I believe I have only ever seen a printed pillow menu once - however this is what you should be able to ask for:

Pillow Menu - We offer four different types of pillows to choose from:

- Down European white goose down its 100% cotton damask cover for enhanced softness and comfort

- Body Pillow the feather and down body pillow provides full body comfort and is ideal for guest with body aches

- Swedish Isotonic® Pillow- Isotonic reacts to your body temperature and physique to provide true, customized relaxation

- Conformance Pillow- Down like softness and comfort. Multi-level support of next and spine.

*hypoallergenic non-feather or down pillows are available upon request

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/17057517_CEL_Concierge_and_Aqua_Class_Amenities.pdf

It's a dirty germy world. Don't think about that headrest on the airplane and whose greasy head was there before you. Don't think about the people in the swimming pool/hot tub with you that haven't bathed in a while. And every cruise ship bed and every hotel bed. Eat a healthy diet and wash your hands.

We always ask for and received the molded memory foam type pillows in both Concierge and Aqua. Seeing this, I'll be sure to ask for them and then check under the cases!

PS...we've never seen the printed menu, but our room stewards have always known what the choices were. We just had to ask.

Here's a tip for bringing your own pillow - get one of the large travel bags that allows you to compress your clothes for more space. Stuff the pillow in, roll to compress and you have a pillow that is no more than 2" thick, ready for transport! I brought a couple of bright colored pillow cases to clearly mark our pillow; slept like a baby on my own pillow!

I always bring my own pillow, just because I sleep better with it. My DH uses whatever is provided. We own a vacation rental property & have zippered pillow protectors on every pillow in the house. I think I am going to bring a few pillow covers/protectors with us in August when we cruise on the Equinox. They won’t take up much room. It surprises me that Celebrity doesn’t use pillow covers that could be laundered when the rooms are changed over.

Vickie