Specialty restaurants on Escape

stevetod

I enjoyed the Le Bristro very much, I recommend the steak and the puff pastry seafood app......Moderno was a first time at a restaurant of that type for my Inlaws who where on the ship with us....I enjoyed that too...the salad bar there is strong and has a good variety..the lamb chops they brought around were excellent.

Food Republic, while not on the UDP, was also very good. My Bride and I ate there twice...I'm just not a fan of the MDR's and the time they take.....

I also recommend LeBistro, as well as LaCucina and Cagney's Steakhouse. We had excellent meals at all three. We ate at Moderno, but while the food was very good, it was way too much meat for me. I am not used to eating that much meat in one sitting, and by the time we left the restaurant I felt that my meal was going to come back up. I hurried to the gift shop that was nearby to ask for a plastic bag. Luckily, though, I did not become sick. But I kept the bag with me all evening because my stomach felt queasy the entire night. My friends who I dined with had no problem. I'd say if you are not big meat eaters then you should skip Moderno.

Loved Teppanyaki, Moderno and Pinchos(Tapas). This past trip was the first time La Cucina didnt meet expectations for us. Also, I think we are the only folks who did not care for Food Republic but the servers were very nice.

We did all but Moderno and Teppanyaki. You can't go wrong with any of them. All are unique so it's hard to suggest. I think Cagney's and Le Bistro are 2 of the top rated, then pick one of the others. But you have your own tastes so hard to suggest.

What I would highly suggest, however, is spending a few extra bucks and do Food Republic even if just a couple of dishes to enjoy it. Also Pincho Tapas at lunch is KILLER. Sit on the waterfront. It was totally empty and what a shame. Probably some of the best food we had all cruise, by far.

Also, I think the waterfront dining on Escape is amazing. So we did waterfront for several of the specialty restaurants.

Will be travelling on the Escape for the September 9th cruise and wondering what you all would recommend for 3 dining meals from the list on the ship.

Many thanks,

Srteve

We're also going on the same cruise leaving on the 09/09/18.

When we were on the Breakaway in the 2016 we ate at Teppanyaki, Cagney's and Moderno Churrascaria. All were very good. This year on the Escape we're going to skip Teppanyaki since there's not a shortage of Japanese steakhouses in my area. We're also thinking of skipping Cagney's. Instead we're going to try Le Bistro and La Cucina.

See you on board.

I echo the sentiments about the Tapas bar! We ate there twice.

For our "three" we did Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina. The ribeye at Cagney's was sublime and much too big for me to eat more than half.

We only did the main dining room one night, was unimpressed with the service and the amount of time we had to wait. We enjoyed breakfast in there though, no wait and fresh food.

We did O'Sheehan's the last night (burgers were yummy). I'd also had lunch there and loved the corned beef.

I have the 3 specialty dining package. Is the Bayamo restaurant still there on the Escape? I love seafood hubby loves steak what 3 restaurants would you suggest we eat at? I dont mind paying if the food is out of this world.

Yes. There is a small upcharge with the SDP. The menu changed earlier this year to be closer to Ocean Blue when NCL ended their relationship with Iron Chef Garcis. Menus can be found on this link. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624246

We sailed on the Escape last year. We ate at Cagney's, Moderno, and LeBistro on the "free" dining plan. (We also ate at LeBistro a second time thanks to our TA at American Express.) All three were VERY good and I wouldn't hesitate to pay the upcharge had we not had the dining plan. We found the MDRs (and we tried all three) to be very lackluster.

Wanting to try Pinchos Tapas on our upcoming cruise. Is it open for lunch and dinner? How does the Speciality Dining Credit Work there? Anything you would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would not use the dining credit for tapas because it, and food republic are inexpensive compared to the other restaurants. We ate there twice at night and ate plenty for less than $10 each. I do believe they are open for lunch but not sure about port days as many things open later.