Coastal Kitchen

This will be the first time we get to eat in Coastal Kitchen. Usually when we eat in the MDR and on the last night we give an extra tip.

Are we going to have the same waiter each night in coastal kitchen?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This will be the first time we get to eat in Coastal Kitchen. Usually when we eat in the MDR and on the last night we give an extra tip.

You can ask, they will do their best, but it does not always work out.

Maybe/maybe not. Your cruse has not happened so it's no way to know

They usually have the same people in there every night

On Allure we requested the same waiter we had the first night for all nights. We would make a reservation each night for the next night and it was never a problem. They want to please you!

This is kind of off topic but this will be our first experience with CK and the menus I've looked at sound great. Do those who have access eat there every night instead of the MDR? We've always been very happy with the MDR but now I am wondering. Thanks!

This is kind of off topic but this will be our first experience with CK and the menus I've looked at sound great. Do those who have access eat there every night instead of the MDR? We've always been very happy with the MDR but now I am wondering. Thanks!

Some do, some don't

On the Anthem, I tend to sit in different places throughout the cruise. I have given the host an envelope of cash to distribute to everyone. I know that some of my friends sit at the same table and/or with the same waiter every single night, and they just tip that waiter.

There are definitely some menus better than others.

There are some menus that *you* like more than others.

That doesn't make them "better".

I like all of them.

When the waiter tells you to make other plans, it's not just me. [emoji6]

There are some menus that *you* like more than others.

That doesn't make them "better".

I like all of them.

When the waiter tells you to make other plans, it's not just me. [emoji6]

Agree Carol. It's personal preference about CK menus and ships with CK. What one person thinks is great another might not. We've been on all the ships that have CK and never had a waiter say to us "make other plans" intimating that the menu isn't good.

Below is my opinion on some hits and misses in CK. This is the typical order from Oasis. Allure switches it up and have not been on Harmony yet. We tend to eat at 6pm. Lots of two tops, but they can reconfigure if needed

Day 1 - what I typically order - Smoked Tomato soup, Shrimp Cocktail, Filet (medium rare)

I occasionally get the Cauliflower Steak, it's interesting, because I know I'll end up with half of Laura's filet.

Overall it's one of the best menus of the week. No need to do a specialty for D+ bogo or FNDR

Day 2 - Creamy Artichoke soup, shrimp cocktail or Caesar Salad, and either Veal Tenderloin or Prime Rib

Day 3 - not much of interest, this used to be when they had Rack of Lamb in MDR. I think it's now either before or after second formal (lobster night) depending on the itinerary. I do like the Green Curry Coconut Soup. the cod is ok. Scallop appetizer is a real downer. 4 slices of paper thin scallops.

Day 4 - not much again, maybe the roast chicken because the farro risotto is very good The soup is ok, Seafood Veloute'. Crab Cake is disappointing.

Day 5 - the trifecta of let's go somewhere else. I don't even care for the soup, Mushroom consome. Shortrib can be ok, the duck is just nasty. Spaetzle, fried brocoli, and a sickingly sweet blueberry sauce. I can eat the flounder if needed. This may be lamb night in the MDR now.

Day 6 - Formal (every other week it's day 5, so 5 and 6 rotate) Rissoto is good, lobster is hit or miss and it wasn't poached in June. I don't care for the Champagne sauce, but fava beans w/leeks are good. Seared scallops entree is really good. I often order that with a lobster tail on the side.

Day 7 - Fennel soup, escargot, cauliflower fried rice. sometimes I'll get veal chop. They also have lamb shank, i hear it's good, just not a fan.

Dessert is almost always Banana Split from kiddie menu. There are a couple others, but i don't recall what or what night they appear.