Upgrade Offer - What would you do?

919Florida

Hi All,

I will be sailing on Carnival Breeze Sept 30, 2018 for 6 nights to the Eastern Caribbean. Today I got an upgrade offer emailed to me. I am currently booked in an Inside (4H) Stateroom Lido deck. The upgrade is to a Balcony (8A) stateroom deck 6 Starboard Aft. Upgrade costs is an additional $310.

Does that seem like a decent deal to you? Of course I would LOVE a balcony stateroom. Every time I sail its always an inside stateroom just because of the fact I am literally never in my stateroom. Not sure what to do really. Just curious what you guys would do.

Thanks for any opinions you have.

That's not bad - but if you're truly never in the room would that $300 be better spent on an excursion or something else?

We did a balcony once and it was nice but I am always on a budget so I usually get an oceanview. I don't like inside (too tight and I get seasick so easily).

You may want to try it once though so if you can afford it, go for it!

It's also a lot of DODs or a couple of excursions. We only use the cabin to shower & sleep.

If you have a balcony you will be in your room more! I can't go back to another room now that I've had one. We LOVE sitting on our balcony for morning coffee and wine before dinner. It's like having another room in your cabin and who needs the serenity deck if you have a balcony :D. Go for it!

How much was the price difference before, and why did you not buy it then?

That's been my guiding question when faced with a similar deal. Is it enough of a savings off the original difference that it's worth it, or do I just feel excited because the initial sticker shock of the cruise is not on the table anymore?

We have also gone from a balcony down to an interior (4j so windown interior) and not felt like missed out on much.

$310 for 6 nights to go from an inside to a balcony is a pretty good deal, especially for a first timer. Although personally I have found balconies to not be worth the extra cost for me. I prefer to be out on deck, in the sun, close to a bar during the day, and out and about during the night so I never really used the balcony the 5 times I've had one.

If you enjoy being outside, but in the shade with privacy a balcony is the way to go. But if you're never in the room because you like being in the sun or partaking in all the activities the ship has to offer than save the $310. It all boils down to how much you will actually use it to justify the extra $50 a night.

I've been on Deck 6 aft on the Magic (sister ship), and you will hear lots of noise at night. Depending on where exactly the cabin is located, you will be right above the Comedy Club or Piano Bar. Both of those end anywhere from 12:00 AM to 1:00 AM. If that's alright with you, then it might be worth it. It didn't bother me personally, because I was always at those places when they were closing, so the only time I heard the noise was brief trips to the cabin before or after dinner. If you go to bed early, then it might not be a good choice for you.

You make it easy to answer when you share all the necessary info. So thank you!

I would say no, based on that itinerary. Also, I just was checking and for that sailing, the only two available rooms on that deck is one for four people (but I was able to do a mock booking for two) and another that is a connecting stateroom. Also, being on the Lido deck is super handy! I’d personally keep it...