Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

Thanks  so much..I think it was a good move..thanks for the guidance

Looks like it will be bed by bath too!

Hope the white thing to the right does not  have an impact...must be something that moves???

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks  so much..I think it was a good move..thanks for the guidance

Looks like it will be bed by bath too!

Hope the white thing to the right does not  have an impact...must be something that moves???

Likely the window washer that will buzz by once a week. 😃

1 hour ago, Tony UK said:

Can you help me with 10150. I know it is near MC. Im not sure if we will be impacted by the overhang, or if we will have a balcony post!

Any help much appreciated. Im not very good at translating deck plans into visual.

Looks like a great suite. The MC won’t pass over it but you will have a front row seat to watch it reposition. You don’t have a pole and you have a firewall on one side so likely less noise/more privacy on balcony from that side. I’ll post a picture later ( I’m at work now). 😀

• Thanks 1

We moved to AQ room 10265.  It's aft last room.  Thought it would be super quiet and wondering about the "white space" to the left of the room that borders 10267.  Maybe vents I'm not sure.  Wondering if this space will be accessible from our balcony?  Considering moving to 9239 which is also an AQ room.  What are your thoughts??  Thanks for your time..

VT has been studying this ship and will likely have some ideas... but I think there may be a vent in that area.. either on that deck or deck above. Not sure if there would be noise or how the area would be accessed or if it would need to be accessed. Personally I like 9239. It is centrally located and not too close to the elevators. My experience on Celebrity ships is that the areas by elevators are pretty quiet. ... it is our preferred location ... my husband has mobility issues. Also 9239 is part of the hump... so good visibility

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Looks like a great suite. The MC won’t pass over it but you will have a front row seat to watch it reposition. You don’t have a pole and you have a firewall on one side so likely less noise/more privacy on balcony from that side. I’ll post a picture later ( I’m at work now). 😀

Here is the picture of your suite.

image.thumb.png.823e788a58db30a3f3f3bea11a103c97.png

Edited by vtcruising

14 hours ago, truelovewasborninastable said:

We moved to AQ room 10265.  It's aft last room.  Thought it would be super quiet and wondering about the "white space" to the left of the room that borders 10267.  Maybe vents I'm not sure.  Wondering if this space will be accessible from our balcony?  Considering moving to 9239 which is also an AQ room.  What are your thoughts??  Thanks for your time..

10265 intrigues me because I like end cabins and I also wonder about that blank area. I do doubt that it will be accessible to guests.  I would worry about it being a storage area for the crew and might be noisy. Also, that balcony is above the Eden outdoor deck so may be noisy at times. These are presumptions and may not be reality, but are things to think about.

In this case, I think I would agree with kearney that 9239 is a better location. It is mid ship, both vertically and horizontally, is near the elevators, is on a bump out (and is at the end of the bump out). It seems like a great location. Hope it all works out!  AQ on the Edge looks awesome! :classic_smile:

10265.thumb.jpg.0ed8c5c15589743b61de07d6bacf1600.jpg

Sorry, the number is small, but this is where 9239 is located:

9239.thumb.jpg.b79d17fdf76aefb96ef285a7e04d47ca.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mynx7 said:

My curiosity has gotten the better of me, so I have to ask about our location for our trip next May, Room #10147 if it's possible. 

Looks like a great location - no obstructions, no pole on your balcony and a firewall on one side. You are pretty close to the elevators up to all the Retreat venues. Enjoy your suite! :classic_smile:

10147xx.thumb.jpg.139253b9b82acfe49a1d9386ddec65ac.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much! It's greatly appreciated :)

34 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Looks like a great location - no obstructions, no pole on your balcony and a firewall on one side. You are pretty close to the elevators up to all the Retreat venues. Enjoy your suite! :classic_smile:

10147xx.thumb.jpg.139253b9b82acfe49a1d9386ddec65ac.jpg

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Here is the picture of your suite.

image.thumb.png.823e788a58db30a3f3f3bea11a103c97.png

Thank you so much. It is just what we wanted! We wanted to be able to have a good view of MC without being underneath it. It was so hard to choose when we booked very early and there was so little information. Looks good so far! 

8 hours ago, Tony UK said:

Thank you so much. It is just what we wanted! We wanted to be able to have a good view of MC without being underneath it. It was so hard to choose when we booked very early and there was so little information. Looks good so far! 

You did well to get a non-pole, non-MC obstructive suite without even trying! :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Laurelstorrs said:

Hello, first time cruise critic member 

Our cabin on edge sailing Feb 17th is E3 6199. We are so anxious for this cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  We are all excited about our Edge cruises too, so you should enjoy the Edge Forum. There is a lot of good info here.

Here is your cabin location. It looks like a good location. Your veranda overlooks the walkway below in between the lifeboats/tenders so you won't have the lifeboat/tender obstructions. It also overlooks the Steakhouse outside seating, which could mean some dining noise, but that is only open 6-10 in the evening. You are in a nice central location, with the aft stairs and elevators pretty close by. You can just go down one deck for lots of dining, bar and entertainment options! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.aa717d2362773da7f42a9e1b575e05a2.png

4 hours ago, TITISSA said:

10203 please?

Looks like a great area. Your suite is on a bump out so should be a great view and is close to the elevator/stairs. It does have a pole on the balcony (to the right of the red arrow) that some are concerned about being an obstruction, but I personally do not think it would be bothersome to me. It appears that the bed will face the non-pole side of the balcony and it appears that chairs can be placed so that it is not obstructive. Enjoy your suite and the sweet suite life! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.c2e19c4225c89754c5f2315005ff72a6.png

27 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Looks like a great area. Your suite is on a bump out so should be a great view and is close to the elevator/stairs. It does have a pole on the balcony (to the right of the red arrow) that some are concerned about being an obstruction, but I personally do not think it would be bothersome to me. It appears that the bed will face the non-pole side of the balcony and it appears that chairs can be placed so that it is not obstructive. Enjoy your suite and the sweet suite life! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.c2e19c4225c89754c5f2315005ff72a6.png

Thank you so much. So fast and a lot of info. Wow! 

VTcruising it's unbelievable how extensive your knowledge is about this ship already - Celebrity should pay you!  Thanks for your willingness to assist others!  We are going to be in #7171, which is an E3 IV and based on my research the bed will be by the balcony.  My only concern is that we are just 4 cabins away from a bump out - do you have any input on whether you think this will be much of an obstruction?

1 hour ago, cricketgirl said:

VTcruising it's unbelievable how extensive your knowledge is about this ship already - Celebrity should pay you!  Thanks for your willingness to assist others!  We are going to be in #7171, which is an E3 IV and based on my research the bed will be by the balcony.  My only concern is that we are just 4 cabins away from a bump out - do you have any input on whether you think this will be much of an obstruction?

You are close to the front elevators and are central vertically for getting to the pool deck and the dining and entertainment venues. It looks like you have a good view - you may lose a small percentage of your forward view with the bump out, but it doesn't look like you will lose too much of the view. I agree that your bed is by the balcony, according to the deck plans, so you will wake up closer to the ocean.

Thank you for the kind comments. I enjoy learning about the ship so am happy to research cabins. Enjoy your Infinite Veranda! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.8b7487d21b2162398b34ccfead82b78c.png

Edited by vtcruising

We are booked in 12152 (most forward S3 on deck 12).  I chose it because I wanted to see the Magic Carpet up close – but am now having second thoughts about being 'too close for comfort.'  I also thought the end S3s had a window that looks either fore or aft, but it seems that deck 12 doesn't.  The other S3 suites still available on our sailing are 12160, 11160, 11168, 8206, 6184 and 6188.  All of those except 12160 are connecting suites.

Do you think it would be better to switch to 11160 or 11168?  11160 has the window, but it is a connecting suite and looks like it will have a door in the wall near the bed.  11168 seems to use the foyer for the connection to its inside cabin-pair.

2 hours ago, cricketgirl said:

I agree with VT about the bump out not being a big issue for you, hopefully.

We were going to be on Deck 10..2nd cabins away from a bump out.  I contacted X after seeing the cabin next to the bump out  marked as "Obstructed View" . They said ours would not be obstructed,  We moved anyhow but we were 2 away not 4...big diff,

I  believe that EDGE cabin selection will be very tricky going foward,,.more so than it has been for M and S class.,.,,

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We are booked in 12152 (most forward S3 on deck 12).  I chose it because I wanted to see the Magic Carpet up close – but am now having second thoughts about being 'too close for comfort.'  I also thought the end S3s had a window that looks either fore or aft, but it seems that deck 12 doesn't.  The other S3 suites still available on our sailing are 12160, 11160, 11168, 8206, 6184 and 6188.  All of those except 12160 are connecting suites.

Do you think it would be better to switch to 11160 or 11168?  11160 has the window, but it is a connecting suite and looks like it will have a door in the wall near the bed.  11168 seems to use the foyer for the connection to its inside cabin-pair.

That's a tough one. Being adventurous, I chose one with a window (and chose an aft one because of possible wind through that window, though I think there is glass in them now). I canceled that cruise because I am going on two other pre-preview cruises, but will hopefully see some S3's on my cruises in Nov. 

If I had to choose, I would not be on the 12th deck because of the overhang when the MC is on 14, which I think could be a lot of the day (when I would be out on my balcony). The picture below shows the shadow on 12, though 11 looks okay. If it were me, I would go with the end one so that you will have a view toward the forward part of the ship (otherwise, because of the balconies being recessed several feet, there will just be a view straight forward).

I agree that the stateroom will likely have a connecting door and that would be my only hesitation. It should be a double door (one on each side) and hopefully they will have good soundproof doors. It's luck of the draw, just like adjacent balconies - sometimes you get a noisy neighbor. If it were me, I would take the chance, since I have rarely had an issue with connecting cabin noise, but you would have to weight the pros and cons.

My guess is that my first cruise on the Edge in a suite will be less about the suite itself, and more about exploring the ship and enjoying the suite areas. If I had an S3, I would check the dailies for a schedule of MC movement and grab a drink, sit on my balcony and enjoy the show. :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.27d14338891a08e6130038a98fb2942c.png

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

You are close to the front elevators and are central vertically for getting to the pool deck and the dining and entertainment venues. It looks like you have a good view - you may lose a small percentage of your forward view with the bump out, but it doesn't look like you will lose too much of the view. I agree that your bed is by the balcony, according to the deck plans, so you will wake up closer to the ocean.

Thank you for the kind comments. I enjoy learning about the ship so am happy to research cabins. Enjoy your Infinite Veranda! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.8b7487d21b2162398b34ccfead82b78c.png

Thanks so much vtcruising!