What’s your favorite thing about Princess?

tourismtessy

I just love seeing Cruise Directors, Cruise Directors Staff and sometimes even crew members that we have seen on our past cruises. I makes me know that Princess is my floating home.

Matt, who recently was promoted to a CD, even remembered our names and that I wrote a complementary note to his Cruise Director for the origami he conducted on a previous trip we

were on with him.

We had Conrad, a great cabin steward twice in the same year on two different cruises. The odds have to be huge for that to happen.

I just love seeing Cruise Directors, Cruise Directors Staff and sometimes even crew members that we have seen on our past cruises. I makes me know that Princess is my floating home.

Matt, who recently was promoted to a CD, even remembered our names and that I wrote a complementary note to his Cruise Director for the origami he conducted on a previous trip we

were on with him.

We had Conrad, a great cabin steward twice in the same year on two different cruises. The odds have to be huge for that to happen.

I agree with this. I feel the staff really gets to know you. We were on the Emerald in 2007. When we walked up to the dining room the first night on the Ruby in 2009, the matri d knew us by name without looking at our cruise cards. “Hello, Mr and Mrs Elizalde. Welcome back, we haven’t seen you for awhile.” I almost fell over. We are not needy or flashy or sail in a suite, just your average cruises.

I thought it might be fun to see what everyone’s favorite thing is about Princess Cruises. For me it’s the MUTS (movies under the stars) with fresh baked cookies, popcorn and blankets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were looking forward to popcorn when we watched the movies on our recent cruise and there was none to be found :(

I have only been on one Princess cruise, so far, but here were my favorite things (in no particular order)...

Our waiters in the MDR & our cocktail server in the Explorer's Lounge (we spent a lot of time in there)

all the trivia and game shows

the pizza by the pool

afternoon tea

Sabatini's

We were looking forward to popcorn when we watched the movies on our recent cruise and there was none to be found :(

Years back crew members would come around with popcorn, cookies and milk. Sometimes they still come with popcorn.

If they don't popcorn is available at Swirls (the ice cream location) during the movie.

The freshly baked Challah that we receive each night for dinner along with the lox, cream cheese, sliced onions and tomatoes.

37561151004_78789d00bc_b.jpgDinner Table

Runner up are the many shrimp cocktail one can order as an appetizer

37561240814_1ac63bb60f_b.jpgShrimp for our table

And the third runner up is the Volcano on the children's menu

26495817309_3f0ef5cb3e_b.jpgVolcano Desert

Howard

Are you sure you're cruising on the same ships as me? Nothing special at our table. We're lucky to get butter for our bread.

Are you sure you're cruising on the same ships as me? Nothing special at our table. We're lucky to get butter for our bread.

Did you ask your waiter?

We have been on nine Princess cruises and have learned a lot from sitting at a table with others.

If you've never seen the children's menu you have to ask for it. Occasionally I'll ask for a spaghetti and meatball appetizer which happens to be very good.

Some only sit at a table for two and miss out on some good tips from others.

Howard

Is it just me or are so many of the things we love about Princess already gone? And the rest slowly disappearing?
That's why I stopped sailing on Princess. I loved Royal Caribbean but I tried Princess and I thought them a step above so we started sailing on Princess but they quickly cut out a lot of the things that drew us to them so we are back with RCL. The same has happened to RCL in some instances but I prefer the ships of RCL over Princess. The flow of the ship as well as what is offered (entertainment and features)is much better on Royal in my opinion. It's sad to see the changes to the cruise industry over the past 25 yrs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

One thing that influences us to sail more on Princess rather than Holland America is the variety of activities throughout the day and in the evenings. HAL has cut way back on its staff. The second one is the perks we get for being Elite.

Lots of things.... but I must say the perks for suite people... and the crew... have only really come across one grumpy crew member in our cruises....

only 107 days till the next cruise

Cheers Don

107 days for me as well, what cruise are you taking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised solely on Princess til we hit Platinum because we enjoyed it so much. Since then we have tried other lines to see what else is out there, we finish our tour next year with Celebrity.

I can honestly say that each time we try a different line and I come back to Princess I truly feel like I am home.

I have enjoyed trying different lines, some we have liked, others not so much. But at the end of the day home will always be home, and I’m not referring to our house on land.

Now that being said, here are some of my favorite parts:

-Classic elegance in decor and service

-a number of great people watching spots like the piazza, explorers etc

-reasonable food service hours (don’t realize how much you miss picking up a late night snack at the buffet til you find it’s closed at 9pm, yea I’m looking at you Carnival [emoji6])

-solid MDR food so I don’t feel like I have to go to a specialty restaurant (yup RCL, that ones for you)

-a good balance of onboard activities that appeal to us

We are now cheating on Princess with Cunard and Oceania as we consider best line for a world cruise but with 17 Princess cruises under our belts, we have grown to love:

**breakfast in Sabatini’s (a major suite perk!)

**The Sanctuary (whether it is 90 or 40 degrees)

**afternoon tea (especially in Sanctuary, see #2)

**Chef’s Table (never miss it)

**the special cheesy rolls (available usually on formal nights)

**Sea Day brunch bloody marys

**Vines

**Magic to Do (best show on any ship, ever)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Favorite thing #1 is watching the ship’s wake. #2-7: different flavored sorbet offered nightly on the dessert menu. Limoncello sorbet is my favorite. #3: the cabin stewards (I love not having to make my bed for a week).

Agree with all! I have a vista suite in January and plan to spend A LOT of time watching the wake.

Favorite thing #1 is watching the ship’s wake..

Can't wait to experience the wake from our balcony in 2 weeks. I plan to spend every morning out there watching the sun rise. Another bucket list item that I can mark off my list. :D

:D