Signing for drinks with the Package

clarky213

I have booked my first Celebrity cruise to Alaska in 2019 on Eclipse.

I have done 6 RCI Cruises and always had the drinks package. On all 3 of the Caribbean Cruises we had to sign for every drink we received, but in the Med & Australia we never had to sign for any drinks.

Will I have to sign for drinks on the Eclipse ?

I believe the only time you have to sign a slip for a cocktail is when you have a charge. For instance, you have the Classic Package but one night end up at the Martini Bar and order a Martini. You will then have to sign a slip for the "difference" or $3.54 I believe. Or if you have the premium package but the glass of wine you ordered was $17 and over the limit of the $15 for the premium package. You would then sign a slip for the $2.36 which is the uplift and the gratuity on the uplift charge. All other drinks included in your package do not require a signature. We had the Classic Package on the Solstice last summer and did not sign any slips as we kept our drinks within the package limit.

Once a bartender knows you, some of them don't even ask for your card. I offer it, but they say "I've got your number."

Yes, that usually happens to us as well but initially the OP would have to show their card/s.

With a drink pack we have had to sign for drinks when ordering in the theater, and getting water when walking off the ship or in the gym/spa. That is only becasue they don’t have a scanner and have to write out a slip for the drink and need your signature. There was no charge.

Sometimes some passengers may ask for a receipt so they can use their SBC to give a little extra gratuity.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅