Disembark in Seattle

Just a note that when we disembarked in Seattle, it was slow and chaotic, plus we waited almost one hour for a cab. You will clear Customs and Immigration at the pier, and that can be slow depending on the number of officers available.

I would recommend a flight after noon.

We were able to make a 10:30 flight without any trouble - walked off just after 7 am, no customs lines so quick clearance, straight into a cab. Traffic towards downtown was ugly but easy going to the airport. Because we were off early the cab line was minimal but I imagine it backs up as more passengers disembark.

One advantage you have is that you want to go to the airport. Last year getting off the Pearl, all the cab drivers were looking for people wanting to go to the airport. We needed to go to the Amtrak station and took us several minutes to find a cab willing to take us.

He got a big tip and we’re sure he went back to the port and got an airport run anyway.

Don

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you can carry off all your own luggage (no help from crew) -- called self disembarkation -- you will be the first ones off the ship. Thus you can make the 11:30 flight.

I agree. this is the only way to do it. There is a looonnnggg line to get a cab, but I think you can use a shuttle service for pick-up back to the airport. I think Seattle Express is about 15-20 dollars per person.

Cruising on NCL Bliss for the 1st time to Alaska, our return port is Seattle. Trying to figure out how the disembarkation works and if we would make an 11:30am flight home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are eligible, I recommend using the luggage valet service which is free in Seattle. Then you just walk off the ship with minimal items and don't have to wrangle your luggage on your trip to the airport.