7 night on the summit food question....

dis2cruise

during our 7 night cruise we have 5 ports of call during that time is the main dining room open for lunch or is just the buffet open? Also does the Summit have an Area where you can get grilled foods if so does someone have a menu that they could post or just tell me what they serve. thank you :)

during our 7 night cruise we have 5 ports of call during that time is the main dining room open for lunch or is just the buffet open? Also does the Summit have an Area where you can get grilled foods if so does someone have a menu that they could post or just tell me what they serve. thank you :)

MDR will be closed for lunch on port days however buffet is open. They have a grilling area in the buffet towards the rear , usually have steaks, chicken and salmon, sometimes a special items like ribs.

MDR will be closed for lunch on port days however buffet is open. They have a grilling area in the buffet towards the rear , usually have steaks, chicken and salmon, sometimes a special items like ribs.

Also there is the Pool/Mast Grill for burgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs and fries. Included at no charge.

On port days for lunch, you are pretty much stuck with the Pool Grill or the Buffet.

At the Buffet during lunch, there is a service area back aft right before you go outside on deck. During lunch they have made-to-order sandwiches and paninis and the like. For dinner in the same area, they will grill to order steaks, chicken, chops, lamb chops, fish, etc. Sometimes they do specialty items like kabobs. It's a great relaxing change of pace from an extensive shore excursion. We ate there several times during a transatlantic.

Is not AquaSpa Cafe open during port days? Or at least I thought it was, along with Sushi on 5.

bon voyage

Aqua Spa cafe is good for the salads and breads. I have found the grilled pork and salmon to be inedible, they are so over cooked.

Aqua Spa cafe is good for the salads and breads. I have found the grilled pork and salmon to be inedible, they are so over cooked.

Sorry to hear that, if one were to frequent SC often, then I would believe that they would cook to preference, especially speak up if the food was overcooked the first time and you did not want to say anything.

It would be an 'instructive' moment for the cook to be more careful going forward, I Am sure... i.e. cook the fish at most 3 minutes on each side, meats 5 at most on each side (just my recollection on how I cook these items disclaimer: I Am now a vegan)

bon voyage

We were very impressed by this area and also buffet way better than rccl and hal

Personally, I woldn’t worry too much about missing lunch at the MDR. It wasn’t bad, it was.....OK. Nothing to rave about or be bothered it wasn’t available. There are tons of options and all of them, yup All, provide better quality, quicker service and more choices.

I can’t really remember one special lunch meal in the MDR that wowed me, and I’m not a foodie (well I do love food.....lots of different types!). I love the MDR entrees in the evenings and find some to be great.

So you’ll not miss anything except sitting and being served, and you can do that in the On Five if you want that, or send your cabinmate to the buffet or grill and tell them what you want and have them serve you.....that works!

Den