All-time favorite Princess Cruise?

NY_23

My favorite ship experience was Sept. 2016 on the Emerald, 14 days in the W. Med. Due to a mistake on the part of Princess, I sailed -- solo -- in an aft Vista suite at 1/4 of the normal price!

I really didn't care about the ports (some old, some new for me); I just knew it was my one/only chance to cruise in a suite & an aft suite too! I spent a LOT of time on my balcony, enjoying the view.

My favorite cruise (ports) was the British Isles on the old Royal (c. 2000) & 2017 on the Ruby w/my DD & SIL for 7 days in Alaska. Loved watching them enjoy the cruise!

My favorite ship experience was Sept. 2016 on the Emerald, 14 days in the W. Med. Due to a mistake on the part of Princess, I sailed -- solo -- in an aft Vista suite at 1/4 of the normal price!

I really didn't care about the ports (some old, some new for me); I just knew it was my one/only chance to cruise in a suite & an aft suite too! I spent a LOT of time on my balcony, enjoying the view.

My favorite cruise (ports) was the British Isles on the old Royal (c. 2000) & 2017 on the Ruby w/my DD & SIL for 7 days in Alaska. Loved watching them enjoy the cruise!

I bet you can still see yourself on that balcony lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two favorites, both on the original Royal Princess:

#1--San Juan to Acapulco, a Christmas cruise, my first celebrating this holiday at sea and my first trip through the Panama Canal. (One of the ports was in Venezuela and allowed a visit to Caracas. [There were soldiers with long guns on the city's street corners even then.] A city that now I would not consider visiting.)

#2--Fort Lauderdale to Manaus, then continuing to Rome. It was a re-positioning cruise for the ship, ending her South American Winter season and starting her Spring/Summer/Fall European season. (This one was memorable due to the very prolonged Immigration inspection at the ship's entrance to Brazil; the delay altered our itinerary somewhat. And, during my wandering around in Rome, I came as close as I ever have of truly being "lost"!)

Pacific Princess 12-day Rome to Athens Black Sea cruise in 2013. Great cruise, new friends, and enjoyed adventures such as hunting for knitting wool (not for me!) in the tiny streets around the Grand Bazaar. Every fall I wear the gorgeous scarfs I bought in Odessa and Istanbul. We visited Yalta, Crimea, and explored palaces from the czarist times. As Americans we can't visit Crimea these days so I treasure my memories of Yalta and of the rest of that memorable cruise. Thank you Princess!

Funny, I was just checking my email and got one from a friend I met aboard a cruise I took back in 2007. It’s crazy how you meet people you would never normally meet.

Funny, I was just checking my email and got one from a friend I met aboard a cruise I took back in 2007. It’s crazy how you meet people you would never normally meet.

I have friends developed from previous cruises that stretch back to 2002. We remain in e-mail contact, snail mail contact, phone calls, and we have managed to cruise again with some of them.

I have friends developed from previous cruises that stretch back to 2002. We remain in e-mail contact, snail mail contact, phone calls, and we have managed to cruise again with some of them.

Wow 2002! That’s incredible. I bet it feels like yesterday when you met those friends 16 years ago.

Wow 2002! That’s incredible. I bet it feels like yesterday when you met those friends 16 years ago.

Yes, it does. Many memories of shared experiences and benefits that I have received because that I met these good people. Participation in Cruise Critic's Roll Calls had led to some of these friendships.

Our 12 day British Isles aboard the Ruby Princess. We hit several places on our bucket list including Paris. We fell in love with Scotland and thoroughly enjoyed our time onboard one of our favorite ships. A close second was our Transatlantic from South Hampton to Fort Lauderdale. Loved all the ports at the beginning of the cruise and then used the lovely sea days to organize all my photos and write my blog.

Last summer's British isles cruise has to be near the top. We also had a great time on the Sapphire Princess on our cruise tour in Alaska. And our only time in a suite on the Royal also made it a special cruise.

#1 has to be the old Regal on a cruise which included a stop at Midway Island for the 65th anniversary of the Battle of Midway. Wonderful in so many ways--I had been stationed on Midway (Navy) in 1960; Met and became friends with folks that we now proudly call BFFs with whom we have taken numerous cruises (HI to Jerry and Diane). Got upgraded, for the first time to a minisuite Could not have asked for better cruise BUT will keep trying :-)

#1 has to be the old Regal on a cruise which included a stop at Midway Island for the 65th anniversary of the Battle of Midway. Wonderful in so many ways--I had been stationed on Midway (Navy) in 1960; Met and became friends with folks that we now proudly call BFFs with whom we have taken numerous cruises (HI to Jerry and Diane). Got upgraded, for the first time to a minisuite Could not have asked for better cruise BUT will keep trying :-)

Excellent! Well hopefully you’ll get that upgrade on the next one.

I loved Manaus, Brazil to Fort Lauderdale. I don't think they even do it any more. Loved the small ship and the friends we made - as well as the amazing ports and sights.

Close second is the Southbound Alaska from Whittier to Vancouver. We were joined by our daughters, sons-in-law and 5 grandchildren to celebrate our 50th anniversary. Very precious family time!! Alaska was beautiful.

The last one and the next one.

(y)(y)

Hard to pick just one! Our first Princess cruise was on the Ruby in 2010 (we have been cruising since 1980 starting with Cunard) 16 days from Venice>Naples>Rome>Monte Carlo>Barcelona>Azores>TA to Fort Lauderdale.

But we loved our 29 day on the Crown from LA>Hawaii>So. Pacific to Tahiti and back to LA...even though there was a lot of noro on the ship it was a fantastic itinerary!

Lots of great ones in between but I just know our upcoming 25 day Oct. sailing on the Crown is going to awesome! Barcelona>France>Italy>Montenegro>Greece>Azores>FLL Sailing with several friends from around the states some of whom we met on our 2012 Grand British Isles cruise and one other who we met in 2016ish.

Can't wait!!

Edited by suzyed

Yes it is! We have friends from back in 1999!

Yes it is! We have friends from back in 1999!

The funny thing is the more cruises you take over the years and the more friends you make it seems like those cruises you took 10-15 years ago feel like yesterday because your reliving those memories.

2002 on the old Regal Princess (48 days... actually 49 because of the International Dateline):

- Bangkok

- Kuantan

- Singapore

- HCMC (Saigon)

- Nha Trang

- Hong Kong

- Shanghai

- Nagasaki

- Yokohama

- Hiroshima

- Okinawa

- Iwo Jima