Guaranteed Cabin Question...Luggage Tags

Javaholic

we are booked with an unobstructed ocean view cabin on the Oosterdam in Sept. Printed docs & luggage tags, which say “unassigned”. BUT....they are lavender which is the same color as the rest of our group, who have assigned cabins on deck 4. We’re linked together for dinner.

Is this a coincidence. Or an indication of our potential cabin location?

I’m fine wherever...middle, end, front, back bottom or top. As long as it’s unobstructed . Just curious. Verendahs came back Available, but I’m never that lucky 😎

we are booked with an unobstructed ocean view cabin on the Oosterdam in Sept. Printed docs & luggage tags, which say “unassigned”. BUT....they are lavender which is the same color as the rest of our group, who have assigned cabins on deck 4. We’re linked together for dinner.

Is this a coincidence. Or an indication of our potential cabin location?

I’m fine wherever...middle, end, front, back bottom or top. As long as it’s unobstructed . Just curious. Verendahs came back Available, but I’m never that lucky [emoji41]

You can keep checking for your cabin number before your departure date and reprint your luggage tags too. It should be assigned at least two weeks prior.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

... and reprint your luggage tags too.
I would just write it in with a felt-tip pen. Or let the pier porters attach a tag.

It should be assigned at least two weeks prior.
We've gotten an assignment as late as 3 days out, others have not gotten theirs until check-in at the pier.

I would just write it in with a felt-tip pen. Or let the pier porters attach a tag.

We've gotten an assignment as late as 3 days out, others have not gotten theirs until check-in at the pier.

That is definitely possible, however, I’ve been told by HAL booking agents that most of the time they strive to “balance” the ship two weeks prior to sailing with all the upgrades and cabins assigned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have gotten GTY assignments 28 days out, 24 days out, and 8 days out. They may "strive" to do it by 2 weeks out, but assignments up to arrival at the pier are reported frequently. "Striving" and "achieving " are two dramatically different things. Most importantly, each cruise has it's complexities, so that can certainly affect when assignments are complete.

Thanks everyone - I thought maybe the color was based on deck, not ship. Interesting. It doesn't matter when it gets assigned and again - I'm happy wherever. I've done guarantee several times & have been on the bottom, the back the front - it's all good. Have yet to get an upgrade - but I'm very much of the mind of booking what I'm happy with. This particular cruise, I didn't care about a balcony - it's port intensive and I wasn't sure we'd get all that much use.

Hey - I'll be on a cruise. If I want air, I'll go to Lido deck (or my sisters balcony cabin...LOL) :)

Last year we booked a cruise from San Francisco to Auckland, New Zealand in an inside cabin. Our TA tried to get us an upgrade, and we got word of a upgrade while we were at the airport. They changed the cabin number on the luggage tags at the luggage check in and everything went extremely smoothly. The Balcony Cabin made a world of difference for us. It was a great trip.

DD

The ship is pretty full, so really no expecting an upgrade, at least not to a balcony. I’d love it....but probably not going to happen. Hoping to be in the vicinity of our group, but not a huge deal if not. I can find ‘em...they can’t get too far

• 3 weeks later...
Weare 14 days out. Does your reservation change & show cabin number if/when assigned? I don’t suppose you get any kind of notification?

I’m very curious where we end up. It’s almost like Christmas....

When I book directly with HAL on a G'tee, I get an email headed 'Changed Booking (Guest Notification of Stateroom Change). Attached will be updated documents.

Otherwise, just keep checking your booking details.

Weare 14 days out. Does your reservation change & show cabin number if/when assigned? I don’t suppose you get any kind of notification?
Most of our 9 gty's were assigned at 11 or 10 days out, so keep checking your docs for the next few days.