My room dilemma, what to do?

k4btzs

Hi all,

We are a group of 6 traveling together, my husband and I, my son (20) and his girlfriend (19), my daughter (18) and her friend (18). We have done this several times but in the past only had 2 rooms so one adult in each. Now that the kids are older/bigger we wanted more space so we booked 3 cabins. When I called NCL to book, due to ages, they booked me with my sons girlfriend, my husband and daughters friend, and my son and daughter together. They also changed my son's age on the booking to make him 28. They did this on their own "in order to make it work" though we were in 3 cabins all right next to each other so the kids being next to us should have been fine.

Then we bid on upgrades and now 2 rooms are on deck 11 and one is on deck 13. I would like to change the rooms so that hubby and I are together on 13, son and gf are together and daughter and friend are together all on deck 11.

Can we do this at check in? Would it be better to do it once onboard and deal with swapping the luggage ourselves? Will there be any issues since son is really 20 but they have him listed as 28?

Hi all,

We are a group of 6 traveling together, my husband and I, my son (20) and his girlfriend (19), my daughter (18) and her friend (18). We have done this several times but in the past only had 2 rooms so one adult in each. Now that the kids are older/bigger we wanted more space so we booked 3 cabins. When I called NCL to book, due to ages, they booked me with my sons girlfriend, my husband and daughters friend, and my son and daughter together. They also changed my son's age on the booking to make him 28. They did this on their own "in order to make it work" though we were in 3 cabins all right next to each other so the kids being next to us should have been fine.

Then we bid on upgrades and now 2 rooms are on deck 11 and one is on deck 13. I would like to change the rooms so that hubby and I are together on 13, son and gf are together and daughter and friend are together all on deck 11.

Can we do this at check in? Would it be better to do it once onboard and deal with swapping the luggage ourselves? Will there be any issues since son is really 20 but they have him listed as 28?

Do you have to enter passport information? If yes, I think you will have problems having the wrong information.

Your room key gets "swiped" every time you purchase something, go to a restaurant, get a drink and your picture will show.

Hi all,

get duplicate room keys at front desk and give to the other person.

these keys dont have credit card access so noone can charge stuff to that key.

they're only used to open the cabin door

Hi all,

I don't know if I misunderstand what you're saying but if your son is only 20 and they have him listed as 28, then he may have a problem boarding if his info on his.passport or birth certificate doesn't gel with what is in the system.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

You being listed in the wrong rooms is no big deal. Simply get set up individual accounts at check in and get a duplicate key card at guest services so everyone can sleep in the correct room.

Yours sons age being listed incorrectly is a big deal. There’s a good chance he and roommate will be unable to board. They will check age at check in and will notice. I would fix this ASAP. With no one beside you and husband being over 21, you may have to stick with 2 rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

didnt know that.

wait.. so what happens if two 18 year olds want to go on a cruise?

'this was discussed about a week or so ago: they can not cruise if they are both 18 without an adult. BTW, this may not seem fair but it is for a very good reason.

The switching of keys or getting dups made is no problem. It is done all the time: the problem is the wrong age for son. This could turn into a total nightmare. It is just not going to work. Sooner or later, probably when you go to pre register the system will not take the registrations because of the wrong age showing from the passport information, If by some chance it does go through, at check in there could be a problem.