Can I book a Princess airport transfer if I am not flying out that day?

Blue and Green

Will Princess allow me to book an airport transfer if my flight is not until the next day? I would like to take the transfer from the ship in Quebec City to the airport in Montreal, then we would take our luggage and get a taxi to our downtown hotel, drop our bags and spend the day exploring, return to the airport the next day via taxi.

Traveling with Mr.Blue, who uses a wheelchair, makes it difficult to use the VIA Rail option. I would have to juggle the luggage and his chair on my own.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Will Princess allow me to book an airport transfer if my flight is not until the next day? I would like to take the transfer from the ship in Quebec City to the airport in Montreal, then we would take our luggage and get a taxi to our downtown hotel, drop our bags and spend the day exploring, return to the airport the next day via taxi.

Traveling with Mr.Blue, who uses a wheelchair, makes it difficult to use the VIA Rail option. I would have to juggle the luggage and his chair on my own.

Have done it many a time, it's not a problem.

Fill out the form with a flight and airline for the time you want to be dropped off. You’ll be assigned a disembarkation tag color and time.

Once on the bus, just tell them which airline/terminal. They’ll ask which airline so check beforehand which one you want to be dropped off at.

Yes you can!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! Good to know. Do they just unload your luggage and let you take it at the airport then? Or do they put it through to the airline? Wondering if we should just pack a carry-on to take with us to the hotel?

That's two separate things..

You can take a transfer to the airport, and .ot even have s flight booked. They don't care, you just tell them what terminal you want to be dropped off at. Usually they'll try to out people with same drop off in same bus.

If you want the baggage check where you're luggage goes from room on last night to airline and you pick it up at your home airport - you woukd have to have a flight booked for disembarkation day, that fits in the hours it's offered. It's only offered at limited ports. Costs $25 pp, plus any baggage fees assessed by airline (tell Princess if you're eligible for free baggage). You'll be checked into your flight and issued bag tags for luggage .

As you're not flying on disembarkation day, the EZ Check baggage deal wouldn't be an option. They're not going to store your luggage overnight. And it's not offered in Montreal anyways, so doubly not an option for you.

If you book just the airport transfer the driver will hand you your luggage from the cargo hold of the coach at whichever stop at YUL you choose to get off at.

But after what I went through trying to do the same at Los Angeles when disembarking Coral Princess a few years ago (we were staying two nights at an airport hotel) I won't try again. Ping ponged back and forth between the tour desk and the purser's desk, some staff at each desk saying it is against policy to do so, some others just saying fill out the form and the coach tickets will be in your cabin (we did, and they were not, until we appealed all the way to the #2 Purser on board).

I would just bite the bullet and splurge for a private car transfer. If a downtown Montreal hotel during peak season is in your budget, the best travel mode should be as well.

We booked a Princess transfer from Brooklyn to Newark Airport and had our daughter pick up us to drive us home in NJ. We had no flight!

Howard

Howard

Thank you all for your replies. Not having used Princess transfer before, I wasn't sure, but it sounds like I purchase the airport transfer and give them an airline/terminal once we are on board the ship, and then we can take our luggage downtown with us in a taxi.

I may still consider a private car, as we have used private transfers in the past, but anything I have found for the Quebec City to Montreal drive is quite pricey.

I will chime in since I am handicapped. Does the person who uses the wheelchair have the ability to climb the stairs into a large bus? I can still barely manage to do that so can still do a ship's transfer if needed. Most of the time we arrange private transfers.

Just tell them a flight legal per Princess guidelines. Once you get to the airport, Princess will not know nor care what you do. Based on what someone posted above, I would not tell them you have no flight as that seems like it to might confuse them. But they will not be checking to see if you’re actually booked on that flight.

As I am a retired airline employee who travels space-available, I never know in advance what flight I’ll be trying to get on. I just give them the first legal (per their flight guidelines) flight when I put information in the Personalizer. Since their buses usually get you to the airport very early, once there, I am free to do what ever I want and have ended up on flights well earlier than what they consider legal (and flying space-available, it would be silly of me to pass up open flights to wait for a Princess-legal flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will chime in since I am handicapped. Does the person who uses the wheelchair have the ability to climb the stairs into a large bus? I can still barely manage to do that so can still do a ship's transfer if needed. Most of the time we arrange private transfers.[/quote

Yes, he can manage the stairs on a bus. We do usually arrange private as well, but the cost for this specific route seemed higher than what we normally pay , making the Princess transfer more attractive.

Thank you all for your replies. Not having used Princess transfer before, I wasn't sure, but it sounds like I purchase the airport transfer and give them an airline/terminal once we are on board the ship, and then we can take our luggage downtown with us in a taxi.

I may still consider a private car, as we have used private transfers in the past, but anything I have found for the Quebec City to Montreal drive is quite pricey.

It probably will be rather expensive, as Quebec City is about 2.5-3 hours away by car or bus. We live in Montreal, and have driven between the two cities many times. Hopefully the ship's transfer is available to you. Best of luck, have a great trip