Snacks/drinks back to cabin

This is our first cruise...

Let’s say towards the end of the night the husband and I want to grab a snack and soda to take back to the room and hang out on our balcony. Is there a place to get that free? Drink wise, do you only get soda from the bar? I was planning on taking a yeti type cup for each of us. Would they fill it up for us so we can take it back to our cabin? Thanks for all the help! This board has been grea. We are going to be on the getaway.

Edited by MrmrsSteelman
add info

What time? Buffet will be open late but selection when it goes to late night buffet is very limited. Yes, you can take stuff back to room from buffet. O'Sheehans, no, unless you sneak it.

Cans of soda in your mini-fridge for a charge. You can get soda from gun at bars if you have the drink package.

After dinner service at the buffet, it turns into snack service. Not sure what food they serve because I have not gone there during snack service. There are several bars on the ship where you can get soda; some are open later than others. Your dailies will give you open hours for each bar. If you buy the beverage package, they give you a reusable cup that you can use to get soda refills at bars.

Hi :) O' Sheehans is open 24/7. Its not possible to take food to go though. There is drink service for coffee, teas, milk and various "juices" available at all times. This is located in the buffet and in the open air area of the ships. In the arcade there is a vending machine with drinks for purchase in it. Also I think M&M's and skittles. I have never been successful in getting a can of pop from the bar. They pour into the glasses (without straws now ;)) It might be worth sweet talking the bartender...lol. I seen numerous Yeti cups on the ships, people just pour their drinks in there. Have great cruise!

• 4 weeks later...
If you buy the beverage package, they give you a reusable cup that you can use to get soda refills at bars.
Huh? Since when. In June on Bliss, I had the drink package, wife had the soda package, neither of us got any reusable cup.

Regarding late night snacks, I am a big late time snack person. I really miss the mid night buffets of days gone by. My answer is to grab some snacks from the buffets earlier in the day and keep it in my room or fridge. Also, you can always get an extra desert "to go" from your dinner restaurant, I've done that if I felt that I might enjoy it later that night.

Hi :) O' Sheehans is open 24/7. Its not possible to take food to go though. There is drink service for coffee, teas, milk and various "juices" available at all times. This is located in the buffet and in the open air area of the ships. In the arcade there is a vending machine with drinks for purchase in it. Also I think M&M's and skittles. I have never been successful in getting a can of pop from the bar. They pour into the glasses (without straws now ;)) It might be worth sweet talking the bartender...lol. I seen numerous Yeti cups on the ships, people just pour their drinks in there. Have great cruise!

Anything is possible...sit at a table, order, when the food comes, get up and take it with you.

you do NOT get the reusable soda cup with the UBP, only with the soda package (which ive personally never understood, but whatevs).
My wife had the soda package on Bliss in June and there was no reusable cup.

talking about snacks, can you bring snacks to the ship? like doritos or flaming cheetos?

I've never purposely taken snacks on a cruise, but our uneaten traveling snacks (candy, etc) has never been questioned or removed from our suitcases.

What time? Buffet will be open late but selection when it goes to late night buffet is very limited. Yes, you can take stuff back to room from buffet. O'Sheehans, no, unless you sneak it.

Cans of soda in your mini-fridge for a charge. You can get soda from gun at bars if you have the drink package.

If takeout from O'Sheehans is important, pack some tupperware. Put the food you want in the tupperware and walk back to your room. Enjoy on your balcony with some paper plates. Wash out your tupperware in the batrhroom sink and repeat as needed.

My friends and I ate at Le Bistro on our last cruise, and I ordered a cheese plate as the final course. As it turns out, I was much too full to eat much of the cheese plate after our tasty meal. I asked the server if we could take the cheese plate back to our cabin. She said that she had to ask permission -- apparently taking food out of the sit-down restaurants is not normally allowed. The restaurant manager gave his approval immediately, and our cheese plate was wrapped in plastic and sent back to the cabin with us. We put it in the mini fridge and enjoyed it the next day! :)

I've taken food out of the buffet a number of times, just using an upturned plate to keep the food from falling off the plate in the stairway. Nobody has ever stopped me as I left the buffet!

Yeah, no cup with the UBP. That's on RCCL (which is something I definitely appreciated). NCL should consider this...it would definitely cut down on plastic waste.

And I've taken food to go from O'Sheehan's multiple times. You can call and order from your room or order to go at the counter. Instead of their regular plates/baskets, they'll put it on a standard room service plate with a cloche and give it to you to take back.

I second taking dessert back! If you're stuffed from dinner (which happens often), just ask them for your dessert to go--it's included with most meals anyway. Most desserts are cold, so as long as it isn't ice cream, it's nice to enjoy later in the evening in your room when you get a craving and you're post-dinner fullness wears off!

If takeout from O'Sheehans is important, pack some tupperware. Put the food you want in the tupperware and walk back to your room. Enjoy on your balcony with some paper plates. Wash out your tupperware in the batrhroom sink and repeat as needed.

Welcome to CC.

Don't have room for both undies and Tupperware in sink.

You can get snacks at the buffet in the dessert area. Cookies, pizza, cake slices,ice cream. I actually bring a few extra zip lock lunch bags to put the cookies in once back at the room. We also have taken fruit in the morning and brought it on excursions with us they just don’t let you bring it back on. But if you do bring stuff to the room please don’t leave the plates in the hallways like some do, your room steward will take them in the morning.

Trick if you want a soda and don’t have the package some of the gyms and arcades have a soda/drink machine and If you have the soda package they do give out the cups (first come first serve). Usually there is a table set up by in the atrium or the buffet the first day, or just go right to guest services and ask.

Surely you’ve all seen people with cups like these all around the ship. These are the free ones they give with the soda package

A534AAE5-F551-4075-A356-2EFBC6A70149.thumb.jpeg.c865fc7e8c0508ffe676eb63e98307c4.jpeg

You can get snacks at the buffet in the dessert area. Cookies, pizza, cake slices,ice cream. I actually bring a few extra zip lock lunch bags to put the cookies in once back at the room. We also have taken fruit in the morning and brought it on excursions with us they just don’t let you bring it back on. But if you do bring stuff to the room please don’t leave the plates in the hallways like some do, your room steward will take them in the morning.

Trick if you want a soda and don’t have the package some of the gyms and arcades have a soda/drink machine and If you have the soda package they do give out the cups (first come first serve). Usually there is a table set up by in the atrium or the buffet the first day, or just go right to guest services and ask.

Surely you’ve all seen people with cups like these all around the ship. These are the free ones they give with the soda package

Be careful taking agricultural products (fruit) "into" some countries, and that includes back into the USA if you are, for example, arriving by air.

It's often not allowed, to avoid introducing pests (animal or vegetable).

GC