Elite Cocktail Party on Equinox

charlielinda

Discretion is always the best way to approach these issues. If everyone could take their drinks to dinner then it would be a cost against the company as one wouldn't buy a drink at dinner. If I wanted to take a glass of wine I hadn't finished to dinner I would politely ask the CC Host if it was okay. CC Hosts are very helpful people and I will leave it at that. I am sure that the company would rather host a cocktail party than give 3 drink coupons to every elite plus as well. Fewer people would consume 3 drinks at a cocktail party than would "collect" 3 drinks from one of the bars

fed091c4277b36c48d818f075a1834ec.jpgacc5d92ecbaccdfcdbd983b73acfc91b.jpg465c53cc28ee005230cd87dadbd16975.jpga6629d83b7e531b34a07440cb7d3af77.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Got it, but this was our 1st time at the Breakfast thought taking drinks with alcohol out was probably not ok and no we didn’t read the fine print. Get it our bad, but public embarrassment over a glass of OJ isn’t acceptable IMO.

DH tried to take a glass of OJ from the Elite breakfast so that he could take his pills. .

Why not take the meds with a glass of water? Most reports recommend not taking with any juices and even avoiding some for a few hours as it may hinder absorption.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I'd just like to comment on the drink list....it is not complete....for example, you can order a dirty martini (I do it all the time). A bloody mary sometimes is a discussion.....because it's included on the breakfast menu but not on the cocktail hour menu. Generally, they will just make you one, but occasionally it requires a short but friendly discussion with whoever is in charge suggesting how silly it is not to have it on the menu. I've never had a problem getting a ketel one martini but see the next paragraph).

I suggest getting your own drinks at the bar vs letting the waiters disappear to make drinks behind the scenes. It's probably just my paranoia, but I like to know what I'm actually drinking and I can generally get the brand of liquor I want vs whatever they have nearby. (note: none of this is based on tipping...it's just being friendly and nice to folks).

I know...I'm a terrible person. I've suggested that you can often/usually take your drinks to the MDR if you leave after 7pm; I've suggested that you can order things that aren't on the menu; and I've suggested that if you're pleasant and friendly with a bartender and he'll sometimes give you a brand that's not on the official menu. I publicly hang my head in shame......

I'd just like to comment on the drink list....it is not complete....for example, you can order a dirty martini (I do it all the time). A bloody mary sometimes is a discussion.....because it's included on the breakfast menu but not on the cocktail hour menu. Generally, they will just make you one, but occasionally it requires a short but friendly discussion with whoever is in charge. I've never had a problem getting a ketel one martini (see the next paragraph).

I suggest getting your own drinks at the bar vs letting the waiters disappear to make drinks behind the scenes. It's probably just my paranoia, but I like to know what I'm actually drinking and I can generally get the brand of liquor I want vs whatever they have nearby.

I know...I'm a terrible person. I've suggested that you can often/usually take your drinks to the MDR if you leave after 7pm; I've suggested that you can order things that aren't on the menu; and I've suggested that if you're pleasant and friendly with a bartender and he'll sometimes give you a brand that's not on the official menu. I publicly hang my head in shame......

We always try to get there early at sit at the bar and get to know the bartenders and tip them well. On one cruise earlier this year, one of the bartenders experimented with a variety of liquors and made the ladies some wonderful drinks (that were not on the menu).

I have Elite status but my travelling partner for my next cruise is new to cruising. Will we be able to attend any Elie events together?

They are able to attend the events but won’t get any other benefits such as the internet. If there are a lot of Elites and drink coupons are issued they won’t get the drink coupons.

If the drink coupons aren’t used and the event is the in the lounge with the open bar they can attend and get unlimited drinks during the HH.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Personally, the Elite Cocktail Party pissed me off. Every evening, the Sky lounge was taken over and the regular passengers were shown the door. That is our favorite venue on the ship to read or have a drink and enjoy sail aways. I have no problem with the occasional booking of the lounge for private events, but I thought it was rather callous of Celebrity to block it out every night.

Personally, the Elite Cocktail Party pissed me off. Every evening, the Sky lounge was taken over and the regular passengers were shown the door. That is our favorite venue on the ship to read or have a drink and enjoy sail aways. I have no problem with the occasional booking of the lounge for private events, but I thought it was rather callous of Celebrity to block it out every night.

Perhaps if you continue to cruise on Celebrity and become Elite you will change your mind.

Really? It's been that way for years. You've been peeed off for that long? There's no party the day of embarkation.

My wife and I were halted at the door when exiting with a glass of wine each. They took them from us. Thanksgiving week 2016 on the Equinox. Two people were at the door. I hope it has changed. We are going on a 7 day cruise on Aug 18th in two weeks.

I think that they might have relaxed the rule since so many people have the drink package and can pick up a drink anywhere and walk to wherever with it.:)