Elite Cocktail Party on Equinox

charlielinda

We have only sailed on a Transatlantic as Elite where you can use your "three" drink tickets at any bar. I understand on Caribbean sailings there is a cocktail party from 5-7 in the Sky Lounge. We are still enjoying the ship during those hours and don't have dinner until 8:00 or so. Can we stop by and pick up a drink and continue on our way or do we have to stay there?

Reality is that if you get your drinks before the 7pm cut off....and wait until after 7, there’s no one at the door to stop you from taking the drinks out. However, the rule is that you can’t do treat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be getting back from ports or still be enjoying the day on the ship between 5-7. Are we going to feel uncomfortable not being dressed up if we stop by for a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have a late return from port or hanging out at the pool...those may be days to skip the gathering,,...5 to 7 is designed to work for those with early and late dining...but you will have abt an hr gap for late dinner,.,,.you can't order after 7 but can linger a bit to finish up...and there's a bar up there if you want to buy a drink..

It looks like this an Elite perk we won’t be able to use because we like to extend our days while on vacation. Oh well.

Isn't it great to have choices. On our port extensive cruise last year we rarely attended the 5 - 7 cocktail hour either but as we had a drinks package it made little difference to our cruise enjoyment.

It looks like this an Elite perk we won’t be able to use because we like to extend our days while on vacation. Oh well.

Perhaps on a sea day you may feel like making an effort. Even with a drinks package and access to Michael’s Club we enjoy visiting once or twice per cruise.

The event has a nice ambiance, great views (especially if you are leaving a port) and some dainty nibbles which will not spoil your dinner. Most importantly it is a great venue to chat to like minded fellow cruisers.

There will also be a Cap Club reception and an Elite party with Sr Officers... very nice event with .music and nice lite bites...dinner dress is usually worn as it is a bit more upscale..

This would be a nice event to attend if you skip the daily Elite gathering...and want a cocktail party to enjoy !

I was hoping for the 3 drinks loaded on our cards that we’ve had in the past on Transatlantic cruise with lots of elite passengers. Has anyone experienced this on a Caribbean cruise. I wonder if there is any way to find out. We’re sailing the Equinox for 11 days on September 3.

Isn't it great to have choices. On our port extensive cruise last year we rarely attended the 5 - 7 cocktail hour either but as we had a drinks package it made little difference to our cruise enjoyment.

The Elite cocktail hours have a very limited drink menu. We also have the unlimited upgraded drink package and can order premium and frozen drinks if we desire. I find the "free drinks" and snacks- poor to fair. The gathering is good for chatting- but not for food and drink.

I was hoping for the 3 drinks loaded on our cards that we’ve had in the past on Transatlantic cruise with lots of elite passengers. Has anyone experienced this on a Caribbean cruise. I wonder if there is any way to find out. We’re sailing the Equinox for 11 days on September 3.

I think we have done 6 Caribbean Cruises (two on Equinox) at different times of year and many more world wide and never had them loaded on our card...

Many regular cruisers value the Elite events and pressure has been taken off numbers with many cruisers having drinks packages. So even with lots of E and E+ on board it is highly unlikely you will have drinks loaded on your card. I don’t think you will find out for definite until you get on board and read the Captains Club letter that lists events....

Unfortunately it takes 500 or more Elite and above cruisers for the 3 drinks to be available at other bars during the Elite Cocktail hour. Our experience is that it just about always happens on a transatlantic cruise but rarely occurs on a Caribbean cruise.

On Equinox two weeks ago, we were told no problem taking out a drink to dinner. I believe this may vary by ship. But definitely no one checking at the door on Equinox.

My wife and I were halted at the door when exiting with a glass of wine each. They took them from us. Thanksgiving week 2016 on the Equinox. Two people were at the door. I hope it has changed. We are going on a 7 day cruise on Aug 18th in two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH tried to take a glass of OJ from the Elite breakfast so that he could take his pills. Not only was it taken from him but CC host made a point of pointing out to others that taking anything out of a CC event was a no-no. Public embarrassment is not necessary. That was the last CC breakfast we attended. Never do the Elite cocktail party as 5-7 is way too early if you are dining at 8:30 and heaven forbid we should violate another rule.