Symphony Christening

Zen.wikipedia.org

Royal Caribbean announced today that Symphony of the Seas will not have a Godmother, rather, a Godfamily by choosing Carlos and Alexa PenaVega, along with their 17-month-old son, Ocean. This is the first time a family will be the Godfamily of a cruise ship.Jul 17, 2018

OK, now my head hurts.

I thought I knew a lot about Royal Caribbean & cruising.

The Symphony has already been sailing awhile, but it has not had its Christening ceremony, yet?

Is this common?

I thought they break the Champaign & they essentially bless the ship, the crew & all who sail on her. I always thought this was done before it set sail.

OK, now my head hurts.

I thought I knew a lot about Royal Caribbean & cruising.

The Symphony has already been sailing awhile, but it has not had its Christening ceremony, yet?

Is this common?

I thought they break the Champaign & they essentially bless the ship, the crew & all who sail on her. I always thought this was done before it set sail.

They make exceptions. In this case she’s only temporarily sailing in the med and they wanted to do it in her new home port of a Miami at their brand new terminal.

They make exceptions. In this case she’s only temporarily sailing in the med and they wanted to do it in her new home port of a Miami at their brand new terminal.
Same with Harmony. Not sure about Quantum and Anthem. Those Med cruises are shakedowns. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe a raffle prize on President Cruise?

My wife and I won an inaugural 2-day on Harmony. It was at the sail-away raffle in the spa on a previous Allure cruise. Incredible experience. We were able to book and attend all five shows in two nights. No seapass cards needed at any bars. Ask and ye shall receive. Not that we ate there, but Johnny Rockets was free. So was Sabor. One afternoon of free tastings at all the specialty restaurants. A free photo; free internet. Nice gifts. Richard Fain was wandering around.

Waiting for my invitation for Symphony. I think it's going to be a long wait!

Not sure about Quantum and Anthem.

Quantum went on a TA to NYC from Southampton (the infamous one as there was a lot of construction still going on). Naming ceremony was in NYC on Nov 14th, 2014, with Kristin Chenoweth as godmother.

Anthem was named in Southampton during a pre inaugual cruise on April 20th, 2015, with Emma Wilby serving as godmother. After this pre inaugural the first cruise with passengers followed.

steamboats

Quantum went on a TA to NYC from Southampton (the infamous one as there was a lot of construction still going on). Naming ceremony was in NYC on Nov 14th, 2014, with Kristin Chenoweth as godmother.

Anthem was named in Southampton during a pre inaugual cruise on April 20th, 2015, with Emma Wilby serving as godmother. After this pre inaugural the first cruise with passengers followed.

steamboats

Wasn't Anthem destined for England as home port. I know Quantum was destined for NY/NJ.

Bermuda and China messed that all up as I recall.