Cancel non-refundable cruise question

I dont know if this makes it any clearer or not but this is from the FAQ's for new NRD with no OBC.

10.Should your clients choose to cancel a reservation confirmed under a non-refundable deposit fare,what refunds will apply?

Outside of final payment, when a non-refundable deposit cancellation occurs, your clients will receive a FutureCruise Certificate in the amount of their designated cruise deposit, less the $100 per guest change fee. Such FutureCruise Certificates can be applied towards your client’s future Royal Caribbean cruise vacation when reserved within1 year of the issue date. Thereafter, the Future Cruise Certificate will expire and becomes invalid.

I see "reserved within a year" means the cruise can be out further. But it is RCCL's verbage

My TA gave me the Customer Service # 1-800- 529-6918 and spoke with a Jackie, she explained it much the same way as you did whitshel. From the date of the FCC Certificate, I had a year to rebook and apply the FCC's. Once I receive the Cert I can then have my TA call in and have it applied to our two March 2020 sailings. Now I wait and see if this is true once I get the Cert suppose to be 600.

Gay

I dont know if this makes it any clearer or not but this is from the FAQ's for new NRD with no OBC.

10.Should your clients choose to cancel a reservation confirmed under a non-refundable deposit fare,what refunds will apply?

Outside of final payment, when a non-refundable deposit cancellation occurs, your clients will receive a FutureCruise Certificate in the amount of their designated cruise deposit, less the $100 per guest change fee. Such FutureCruise Certificates can be applied towards your client’s future Royal Caribbean cruise vacation when reserved within1 year of the issue date. Thereafter, the Future Cruise Certificate will expire and becomes invalid.

I see "reserved within a year" means the cruise can be out further. But it is RCCL's verbage

that is exactly what i did....good find...

I actually DID call today. There was no problem canceling the Sept 2019 Iberian Peninsula cruise. The rep said she was going to try to get her supervisor to make an exception so we could apply the FCC to our June 2019 Canada/NE cruise. Apparently they issue them at the time final payment is due on the canceled cruise, which would have been really irritating. I am supposed to call back in 72 hrs so the FCC can have time to post to my account and they will credit on already booked cruise at that time. Well, it will be a couple of weeks before I call since we leave for British Isles tomorrow. Will report back at that time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What a nice surprise! When I called to cancel, I had asked if we could apply the FCC to our 2019 Canada/NE cruise and just got an email saying it has been done! No need to call after 72 hrs after all... This is the level of service we should all hope for from RCI!

I had a similar situation when I cancelled our Allure for April 2020 and switched to the Freedom. The lady I spoke with told me that one year from the date of your FCC, you can book and/or apply to a new booking. I mentioned that I had my TA already book us on the Freedom and she stated I had to wait on the Certificate before having my TA apply it to the new booking. It couldn't be transferred as a deposit but I would receive the FCC . Now I wait on the Certificate and hopefully everything will work out as explained to me on Friday.

What a nice surprise! When I called to cancel, I had asked if we could apply the FCC to our 2019 Canada/NE cruise and just got an email saying it has been done! No need to call after 72 hrs after all... This is the level of service we should all hope for from RCI!

That is an excellent outcome. Enjoy your cruises. :)

I had a similar situation when I cancelled our Allure for April 2020 and switched to the Freedom. The lady I spoke with told me that one year from the date of your FCC, you can book and/or apply to a new booking. I mentioned that I had my TA already book us on the Freedom and she stated I had to wait on the Certificate before having my TA apply it to the new booking. It couldn't be transferred as a deposit but I would receive the FCC . Now I wait on the Certificate and hopefully everything will work out as explained to me on Friday.

Gay, I’m not quite sure why your TA cancelled the Allure cruise and booked a new reservation on the Freedom. She could have just easily switched sailing dates and then you wouldn’t be having to wait on the FCC.

If I in fact get that much FCC, daughter & I will be happy. Neither one of us drinks, well I might have an occasional wine or Pina Colada.:). We could dine in a specialty restaurant and toast her father.

You will be getting a Future Cruise certificate for your cancelled sailings, not OBC- Future cruise certificates can be used toward a payment on a future cruise, not for on board purchases.

Molly, thank you for clarifying that for me. I thought I would be able to use it how I choose to. I had a similar thing happened on the previous Allure sailing. Apparently I had received a FCC from a past sailing that I never used, it got applied as a added deposit to the now cancelled Allure. $500 was the initial deposit so they put the $100 toward one of the Allure sailings.

Gay, I’m not quite Asure why your TA cancelled the Allure cruise and booked a new reservation on the Freedom. She could have just easily switched sailing dates and then you wouldn’t be having to wait on the FCC.

Also, you wouldn't have the $100 penalty, if you'd just waited until RCCL cancelled the cruise. Plus you lose any shipboard credit you would have gotten from them for cancelling the cruise. If I'd had a cruise booked for 2020, I believe I'd have waited until Royal cancelled my cruise. Not likely Freedom would sell out this far in advance. I don't worry about things like that. I'd rather have the money and then book my cruise.:confused:

Ken she called in to switch and move the deposits over but because i had gone with Non refundable, they wouldn't move the deposits but gave the FCC. She was on the phone with them for over 30 minutes speaking with a supervisor. she did actually move my booking to the Freedom, the problem was with the non refundable deposits from both Allure sailing not being moved. I have never booked a non refundable and not sure why I did this time.

Gay