Cancel non-refundable cruise question

I know I've seen this answer somewhere, but can't find it to double check the answer... I have 3 cruises booked and want to cancel one of them. Deposit paid was $450. Totally understand losing $100. Also understand that I will get $350 as a future cruise credit.

My question is... can I apply that $350 to one of the other already booked cruises?

Will call RCI tomorrow, but thought I would find out the "real" answer before I call, so that I know how far to escalate when I get a bogus answer...

Thanks!

I know I've seen this answer somewhere, but can't find it to double check the answer... I have 3 cruises booked and want to cancel one of them. Deposit paid was $450. Totally understand losing $100. Also understand that I will get $350 as a future cruise credit.

My question is... can I apply that $350 to one of the other already booked cruises?

Will call RCI tomorrow, but thought I would find out the "real" answer before I call, so that I know how far to escalate when I get a bogus answer...

Thanks!

Yes. Yes, you can. :)

They have to be for the same people - the FCC is nontransferable.

I think it also has to be a cruise within the next year.

I believe that you have exactly one year from the day of cancellation.

But it is unclear if the CRUISE has to be within a year or if the application of the FCC has to be within a year.

I think it also has to be a cruise within the next year.

This is from her signature. If she is cancelling the Adventure cruise, she just needs to cancel after September of this year.

If she is cancelling the Brilliance cruise, she needs to cancel after January of next year.

RCI Rhapsody (W. Caribb) 1/20

RCI Brilliance (Iberian Peninsula) 9/19

RCI Adventure (New England/Canada) 6/19

Thanks!

yes you can use for a cruise already booked.

the cruise does not have to be within a year. you only have to use the FCC within a year of when you cancel.

it doesn't matter when the cruise is. i just did this last week and use my FCC for a cruise in 2020.

the cruise does not have to be within a year. you only have to use the FCC within a year of when you cancel.

it doesn't matter when the cruise is. i just did this last week and use my FCC for a cruise in 2020.

Great information.

Just to clarify, did you actually have an FCC from actually cancelling a cruise or did you move the cruise to another date?

I'm happy you were able to do this with your FCC. I had to cancel a cruise scheduled in May this year and my certificate from RCI states a cruise must be taken within a year of the cancellation date. I called RCI for clarification and was told I need to book and complete a cruise before my year expired.

So how were you able to do this please?

I actually DID call today. There was no problem canceling the Sept 2019 Iberian Peninsula cruise. The rep said she was going to try to get her supervisor to make an exception so we could apply the FCC to our June 2019 Canada/NE cruise. Apparently they issue them at the time final payment is due on the canceled cruise, which would have been really irritating. I am supposed to call back in 72 hrs so the FCC can have time to post to my account and they will credit on already booked cruise at that time. Well, it will be a couple of weeks before I call since we leave for British Isles tomorrow. Will report back at that time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just had my TA cancel out April 19 & 26, 2020 allure sailings and had a Non Refundable deposit on both. They couldn't move the Deposits but I will get OBC toward the new booking on the Freedom for March 1 & 8 of 2020. Undoubtedly the Freedom cruise will be well after a year of the cancelled Allure so not sure how the OBC will be used once it is received 2 to 3 weeks? I will call my TA in the morning to hopefully understand this better.

I'm happy you were able to do this with your FCC. I had to cancel a cruise scheduled in May this year and my certificate from RCI states a cruise must be taken within a year of the cancellation date. I called RCI for clarification and was told I need to book and complete a cruise before my year expired.

Mine did as well. The certificate stated "Cruise Must be Taken by xx/xx/xxxx the date being one year from when I cancelled.

I just had my TA cancel out April 19 & 26, 2020 allure sailings and had a Non Refundable deposit on both. They couldn't move the Deposits but I will get OBC toward the new booking on the Freedom for March 1 & 8 of 2020. Undoubtedly the Freedom cruise will be well after a year of the cancelled Allure so not sure how the OBC will be used once it is received 2 to 3 weeks? I will call my TA in the morning to hopefully understand this better.

You will be issued a Future Cruise Certificate for each of you for each cruise in the amount of $150 ( $250 deposit less $100 penalty)

Not sure if you will be able to use them on your 2020 cruises or not since they are over a year away. There is conflicting info on whether the cruise needs to be TAKEN within the year which was on my certificate or if they will let you apply to to a cruise further out than that.

You will be issued a Future Cruise Certificate for each of you for each cruise in the amount of $150 ( $250 deposit less $100 penalty)

Not sure if you will be able to use them on your 2020 cruises or not since they are over a year away. There is conflicting info on whether the cruise needs to be TAKEN within the year which was on my certificate or if they will let you apply to to a cruise further out than that.

Seems like if they let you apply it within a year, you could keep moving that booking into the future. I just don't think they would have missed that loophole.

Great information.

Just to clarify, did you actually have an FCC from actually cancelling a cruise or did you move the cruise to another date?

hey ken.....yes it was from canceling a cruise.

i actually had to cancel 2. i tried to use both the same future cruise but that was not allowed.

so i used one for 2019 and one for 2020. i have 6 booked going forward so i just picked 2. they had no issue being over a year away.

Seems like if they let you apply it within a year, you could keep moving that booking into the future. I just don't think they would have missed that loophole.

I don't remember hearing from anyone that has tried to move one. I don't even know how easy it would be if you got a price drop as the FCC doesn't appear as a payment or at least mine doesn't. They manipulated the base price to reflect them. I guess they just deducted $75 from each passenger.

Seems like this is another case of it depends who you get to process the FCC as to whether you need to cruise by or just apply by a certain date:halo:

you ask how was i able to do this.

i have no idea. i called and asked... do i need to cruise within a year or just use the FCC within a year.

CS said let me ask. she came back on phone and said as long as you use the FCC within a year you can cruise whenever you like. so i asked her to put the FCC on a 2019 and 2020 cruise. she put me on hold came back and said it's done. i got an email with my new totals due for those cruises and the FCC was taken off my total.

i have no idea. i called and asked... do i need to cruise within a year or just use the FCC within a year.

CS said let me ask. she came back on phone and said as long as you use the FCC within a year you can cruise whenever you like. so i asked her to put the FCC on a 2019 and 2020 cruise. she put me on hold came back and said it's done. i got an email with my new totals due for those cruises and the FCC was taken off my total.

Does your actual certificate say that it has to be applied within a year?

I don't remember hearing from anyone that has tried to move one. I don't even know how easy it would be if you got a price drop as the FCC doesn't appear as a payment or at least mine doesn't. They manipulated the base price to reflect them. I guess they just deducted $75 from each passenger.

Seems like this is another case of it depends who you get to process the FCC as to whether you need to cruise by or just apply by a certain date:halo:

Oh, that's like what they did to us when we applied Visa points as a discount. We could not keep the discount when upgrading from a balcony to a JS (same cruise). If this is the case, I agree with you, the FCC won't survive moving go another cruise or even another stateroom category.

I am going to get with my TA and ask her how this will be handled,.MY TA was on the phone for 30 minutes trying to get things transferred to the new booking and finally told we would get the OBC within 3 weeks. I don't normally book with non refundable deposits so lesson learned. :)

Gay

My FCC states the cruise must be taken by 2/13/2019, which is exactly one year from when I cancelled. Since my cruise partner will not be able to go before then we will probably just say goodbye to our FCC. My first time booking a nonrefundable deposit cruise and I only booked because it was an excellent Cyber Monday deal.

I am thinking of waiting closer to 2/2019 and calling again to see if I get a customer service person who will work with me.

My FCC states the cruise must be taken by 2/13/2019, which is exactly one year from when I cancelled. Since my cruise partner will not be able to go before then we will probably just say goodbye to our FCC. My first time booking a nonrefundable deposit cruise and I only booked because it was an excellent Cyber Monday deal.

I am thinking of waiting closer to 2/2019 and calling again to see if I get a customer service person who will work with me.

hmmm that's odd. i actually never got a certificate.....

i had 2 cruises that i canceled that had been for april 19 and 26, 2020.

when i called and canceled i got a cancel confirmation number. i was told in about 7-10 days call back and that cancel confirmation will tell them that you have FCC to use.

i called back in a week. sure enough when i gave them the cancel confirmation numbers they had 2 FCC credits of $300 towards separate cruises. then they told me that i have to use those FCC's within 1 year. i asked can the cruise be more than a year away. she put me on hold and came back and said yes they can be whenever you like.

that's how it worked for me.

Even though the certificates do have a cruise by date apparently they are not enforcing that. Which makes sense since if you did not cancel the cruise altogether but just switched the ship and date you can change it to any cruise even one 2 years out.