Laundrette Wars

Dorset cruise fan

Hi, I was  intrigued by the posting about the four people removed from Arcadia's World Cruise in Aruba, after "launderette rage" and a subsequent punch up in the bar.

I have not seen any other reports on that here or elsewhere online. Has anyone else seen anything? (To the poster about it, please do not think I am doubting the accuracy of what you said, I am just surprised there has been nothing else online about it - unless I missed it).

Kind regards Peter

2 hours ago, PrincessPete said:

Hi, I was  intrigued by the posting about the four people removed from Arcadia's World Cruise in Aruba, after "launderette rage" and a subsequent punch up in the bar.

I have not seen any other reports on that here or elsewhere online. Has anyone else seen anything? (To the poster about it, please do not think I am doubting the accuracy of what you said, I am just surprised there has been nothing else online about it - unless I missed it).

Kind regards Peter

That's ok Peter.

We get reports back from them occasionally via WhatsApp as we are not on Facebook.

1 hour ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Doing laundry on holiday?  OMG!!!

Its hardly a major issue, when on a longer cruise we use the launderette to wash socks underwear and nightwear. It takes 5 minutes to load into the washer, another 5 minutes to transfer to the dryer, and none of it needs ironing, so 10 minutes out of a 3 or 4 week cruise is  no hardship at all.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Flowerpower22 said:

We're booked on a 22 day cruise (our longest so far) and I think I will just take plenty of knickers and worry about it when I get home.  I can run my swimwear through in the bathroom and of course, there are always shops!

That sounds like my kind of plan! Cant be doing with washing on holiday. Plenty of pants and worry about it when you get home!

• Like 1

Not a problem to us:

We bag it and give it to the cabin steward, returns 2/3 days later clean and ironed if necessary.

So many of my cloths contain the laundry tags with cabin numbers on them

Yes there is a cost but hey; we are on holiday.

I tend to rinse my undies through in the bathroom (can't call them 'smalls' these days! :classic_blush:) and OH usually takes a load to the launderette one sea day. We are looking forward to a 24 night trip in September/October and I'm pretty sure I don't have 24 pairs of pants!