Infinite Veranda on Celebrity Constellation - we loved it!

wendyam76

The fully opened room to an "infinite" balcony will be more of an advantage in temperate weather. In the humid Fl/Caribbean it will be problematic--as the cooler air will be gone and re-cooling the room down will take time. I realize there are french doors to separate the spaces. Time will tell if there are weather/rubber gaskets around them to make them snug enough to keep cooler conditioned air in and humid air out.

Looking fwd to reviews in the fall

This is a thread on the demo Infinite Veranda and there are threads on the ‘Closer to the......Edge’ sub-forum to discuss overall IV issues, but are we really to get concerned over whether Celebrity will add proper seals? We have them on the current veranda sliding glass doors that seemed to have worked for decades (yup, they do get replaced).

And if you don’t want your room open to the outside, close it. Now you have two ways of closing the room up that gives two options: You have the French partitions you can close and have the room nice and cool, and have an open veranda to go out to, just as with the existing verandas. You have a closing 1/2 glass wall which allows you to keep the French partions open to make the SR larger, and cool the entire area.

Den

Edited by Denny01

This is a thread on the demo Infinite Veranda and there are threads on the ‘Closer to the......Edge’ sub-forum to discuss overall IV issues, but are we really to get concerned over whether Celebrity will add proper seals? We have them on the current veranda sliding glass doors that seemed to have worked for decades (yup, they do get replaced).

And if you don’t want your room open to the outside, close it. Now you have two ways of closing the room up that gives two options: You have the French partitions you can close and have the room nice and cool, and have an open veranda to go out to, just as with the existing verandas. You have a closing 1/2 glass wall which allows you to keep the French partions open to make the SR larger, and cool the entire area.

Den

You are ASSUMING that the french doors close like outer weather doors... I am assuming that they are interior doors and not weather tight.

You are ASSUMING that the french doors close like outer weather doors... I am assuming that they are interior doors and not weather tight.

Yup, both assumptions, but my assumption is based on the assumption that Celebrity designers are aware that the bifolds will be used as outside doors since that is how it is advertized, and X videos on YouTube demo it that way.

Do you really think a company would put in doors that won’t properly seal when the doors would obviously be used with the 1/2 glass down? The whole idea is to allow the bifolds closed and the balcony open, as demoed in a number of their videos, or bifolds open and the balcony window open for a nice big SR with a balcony feel, or balcony window closed and a nice big A/C’d SR.

Stick with your assumption. Its as probable as assuming the Sun won’t raise tomorrow, which can be assumed since it is theoretically possible, but as probable as X not designing the bifolds to be inside doors and not seal properly.

Den

......Stick with your assumption. Its as probable as assuming the Sun won’t raise tomorrow, which can be assumed since it is theoretically possible, but as probable as X not designing the bifolds to be inside doors and not seal properly.

Den

Oops, I mistyped at the end and meant “....but as probably as X designing the bifolds to be inside doors and not seal properly’!! I ended it with a double-negative and we all know obsoletely No One would actually use a double-negative in explaining anything, would we.

Den

Be prepared for sticker shock. We booked a AQ for the Edge the first day they were available while sailing. The cost at that time was $1749 pp, with the Go better for a 7 day cruise plus $104 tax. The Sky Suites were a whole lot more. I am sure it was close to $7000 for both of us.

Since then prices have seemed to keep increasing and almost doubled.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

Priced Aqua on the Edge, 7 day Caribbean in March 2020, with taxes and port fees it was $6800 and only 1 perk.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thank you for this post. We are taking the Constellation Oct 2019 in Venice. I was able to change my cabin to get this room. Excited to experience it. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! October will be a great time to visit!

Thanks for the photos and comments! We will be on Edge, TA in 2019 and can't wait. Luckily we booked AQ as soon as cabins became available. Looks like the price doubled by the time X took the cruise off their website. I too am unsure of the infinity veranda but look forward to the new experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the post and pictures of the best kept secret ever!!

I returned yesterday from Baltics on Silhouette and what was the second thing i did? (The first was empty the case and put a laundry wash on!)

Second - I checked to see what Wendyam76 posted!

We booked this cabin for December 22nd. after I questioned numerous people at Celebrity about the deck plan i had seen online. I then asked CC people onboard to find out more, but due to privacy and security they were not able to see the cabin in use.

The pictures are wonderful and your review answered most of my questions. Can you confirm that the decor and bathroom layout are as usual - I think that is what you said!!

Thanks again,

Waggie

Waggie, happy to help! I’m sure you loved your Baltics cruise. I too am surprised that we hadn’t heard more about this stateroom. I’ve actually only ever been in an Aqua Class stateroom (Deck 11) before on Constellation but I’m pretty certain the decor and bathroom are the same as a usual concierge stateroom on the rest of the ship. Usual great storage with plenty of drawers (unlike Solstice class!). Shower has a curtain but it’s a big shower (and I’m not petite!) and it doesn’t cling to you.

Wendy

I hear you. We are very loyal Celebrity cruisers (35+ and 7 more booked) and we would love to try the Edge, but can't justify paying the prices. The ones we have looked at are literally double the price of the other ships in many cases. Hopefully once the initial thrill is gone, the prices will stabilize. Truthfully I am shocked at how much money people are willing to spend just to be on the newest ships. I guess I was built differently. I love their current ships and would rather take two cruises on those, than one on the Edge. Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

We go on a cruise over Thanksgiving most years. Sometimes a week, sometimes a 3 night the day after Thanksgiving, and others a 4 night leaving on Thanksgiving. This year when they added a few 3-day itineraries before the official Edge inaugural sailing I looking into doing one of the those a week after Thanksgiving thinking we'd get on the new ship and save some money over our 8-night Equinox sailing in AQ. I was wrong. A window cabin for a 3-night sailing was $1200.00 p.p. with no perks. Drinks would be additional. By my estimations on what we'd spend onboard, we would have been at pretty what we were already paying for our 8-night. Sorry, don't need to see Edge that bad. I've loved the Solistice class since the first time I walked onboard one, and am perfectly happy with Celebrity's existing fleet until the pricing on Edge comes down to reasonable.

• 4 weeks later...
In my mind the big question is will ALL of the M class balcony cabins be converted to Infinite Verandah cabins during the overhaul of the ships !!!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Forums mobile app

Someone posted on EDGE threads that none will be converted, if I can find that post I'll re post it here. To me that's s big plus for M Class!

Posted by C Dragons on EDGE...Infinite Veranda thread...no. 153

"Just heard from a X Rep that the when the “Revolution” upgrades are done to the Millennium class, they won't be adding the IV windows to those ships."