Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

35 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

A little less conversation, a little more action please...  😅

OK  .....  does 54 days on the  Moon  count  ?  We leave home tomorrow morning  ..... driver picks us up at 9,30am  😃

• Like 4

On 3/15/2023 at 11:18 PM, TLCOhio said:

Great posts, pix's and details from Chris and JP from your exciting Asian sailing.  Seems exciting.  Look forward to see more, including about the food on your ship, details for Ponant, etc.

Terry, the link is in my signature.

We disembarked this morning and we've run ourselves ragged in Singapore. Two more days like this and I'll need another vacation to recover! 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Terry, the link is in my signature.

We disembarked this morning and we've run ourselves ragged in Singapore. Two more days like this and I'll need another vacation to recover! 

Hi JP, are you enjoying the Ponant experience as much as the first time?

4 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Terry, the link is in my signature.  We disembarked this morning and we've run ourselves ragged in Singapore. Two more days like this and I'll need another vacation to recover! 

Appreciate, J.P., you pointing me in the right direction to access your amazing collection of world-wide visuals, plus your latest updates for this adventure in an amazing part of the world, including Bali, Indonesia, etc.  Look forward to any and all details from your visit to Singapore, what you loved most there, etc.  Keep up the great sharing!!

THANKS!  Enjoying!  Terry in Ohio

• Thanks 1

So we are on our way in the limo to the airport. We are still not up to speed getting ready for travel. Probably have forgotten some things.

On the other hand Rojaan has been fantastic with packing so for a 10 week trip with 54 days   
on the Moon we have 2 carry ons and 1 bag weighing 23.3 kilograms. That is 51 lbs.

I may post a few pics of the time before we board the Moon on here and then a separate thread for the cruise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, drron29 said:

So we are on our way in the limo to the airport. We are still not up to speed getting ready for travel. Probably have forgotten some things.

On the other hand Rojaan has been fantastic with packing so for a 10 week trip with 54 days   
on the Moon we have 2 carry ons and 1 bag weighing 23.3 kilograms. That is 51 lbs.

I may post a few pics of the time before we board the Moon on here and then a separate thread for the cruise.

Have a marvelous trip!!!! 🥰

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Ron and Ann - have a wonderful trip! And, impressive packing job!

Only if when we get on the moon, I don't say where the hell is this or that !!  Oh DAMN I left it at home 🙄🙄  time will tell !!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

Only if when we get on the moon, I don't say where the hell is this or that !!  Oh DAMN I left it at home 🙄🙄  time will tell !!

That's my theory:  what if I need this?  We get 2 checked bags [oh wait, we now fly in an upgrade class – make that 2 bags each!] so why not fill them???  [Well, we do limit it to 1 checked bag and 1 carry on each, because that's all we can drag through the airport to where the driver takes over.  But each checked bag has a nylon duffel in the outer pocket, in case the return trip requires more – and coming back from Santiago somehow the same stuff did require more space!!!]

• Haha 3

A lovely, spicy laksa in the Brisbane Silver Kris lounge.C46855E9-6558-4743-8993-A9B557B337BA.thumb.jpeg.eaff45c2b751aa4f6049a5063f86343c.jpeg

ADA5ECE0-7775-4CEC-A609-AE06B6804893.thumb.jpeg.d1e7f9c5a48275184217619c930ced1d.jpeg

And this morning I weighed 82 kg a loss of 24.5 kg or 4 stone. Wearing size 38 inch trousers. And when I took my belt off for security they began heading for the ground. I don’t have any smaller sizes so I can say I am at my smallest for over 50 years.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

It was funny at check in as the couple in front of us checked 6 bags !!  I said to RON, look they are travelling LIGHT not !! 😁

C’mon.  Be honest.  You didn’t say that to Ron.  You really just elbowed him in the ribs and said, “Is that Stumble and Silver Queen?”

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

330349310_932092441158137_3722845173866680565_n.jpg.02278f640fa2d542aafaf51070883652.jpg

Have a great safe fun day all!

Mysty, This one reminds me of something that happened about a month ago.  I called AAA when my car would not start, even after being on a charger overnight.  When the service driver arrived, I showed him where the battery is located (which is via the trunk in my Jaguar) as well as the small side panel where you can attach cables to test or charge without pulling the whole trunk panel out.    He did not believe me, insisted on opening the hood and spent 10 minutes hunting for the battery in the engine compartment...😅  

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Mysty, This one reminds me of something that happened about a month ago.  I called AAA when my car would not start, even after being on a charger overnight.  When the service driver arrived, I showed him where the battery is located (which is via the trunk in my Jaguar) as well as the small side panel where you can attach cables to test or charge without pulling the whole trunk panel out.    He did not believe me, insisted on opening the hood and spent 10 minutes hunting for the battery in the engine compartment...😅  

Were you giggling behind your hands?  Seriously dude, do you really think I don't know my own car?  😅

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mysty said:

Were you giggling behind your hands?  Seriously dude, do you really think I don't know my own car?  😅

I should have pasted a post-it saying "Told You So!" on the page/picture in the owner's manual that finally convinced him.  🤣

• Haha 1