Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

5 hours ago, zqtchas said:

“They do not have direct flights under their contract” is what was stated.

So maybe so. I have never seen any direct flights offered to/from a Washington D.C. arpt.

It very likely means that for that airline they don't have a contract for direct flights.

On board the Muse last October BM was on board for 3 days and held a Q&A session one afternoon. She said that post covid most airlines and hotels cancelled their contracts with SS.

Post Covid air travel has been expensive because of pent up demand and less available aircraft. Planes can't just be started and fly off when they have been in storage. There were many planes stored at Alice Springs in Australia and the last one left there 2 weeks ago. Then add the Boeing problems and Airbus being being behind on new order deliveries which means most airlines are still operating nearly full planes. Which means airlines are confident that direct flights can be sold at full price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

It very likely means that for that airline they don't have a contract for direct flights.

On board the Muse last October BM was on board for 3 days and held a Q&A session one afternoon. She said that post covid most airlines and hotels cancelled their contracts with SS.

Post Covid air travel has been expensive because of pent up demand and less available aircraft. Planes can't just be started and fly off when they have been in storage. There were many planes stored at Alice Springs in Australia and the last one left there 2 weeks ago. Then add the Boeing problems and Airbus being being behind on new order deliveries which means most airlines are still operating nearly full planes. Which means airlines are confident that direct flights can be sold at full price.

Here's another wrinkle on the same airline restrictions:

Tauck stops booking American Airlines and its Oneworld partners

• Like 1

Hi Coolers from Bermuda......if anyone is interested I started a Live From over on the Celebrity forum. I know some of you will never sail a "big ship" but thought I would just put the option out there if anyone wants to read it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Coolers from Bermuda......if anyone is interested I started a Live From over on the Celebrity forum. I know some of you will never sail a "big ship" but thought I would just put the option out there if anyone wants to read it.

Be careful over there Lois, they have been known to bite 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Be careful over there Lois, they have been known to bite 🙂 

Hi Davy, I was actually welcomed back with open arms.....but I know what you mean. The internet can be a very funky medium.

The thing about engaging with trolls on the Internet is that you're making the same decision you would if you chose to step in dog poo rather than walk round it! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

The thing about engaging with trolls on the Internet is that you're making the same decision you would if you chose to step in dog poo rather than walk round it! 

Forgive me for possibly unintentionally  sounding patronising, but this is one of the most incisive and well informed and thoughtful posts I’ve read.  So. Thanks.  🙂

We’ve released Helga from her slumbers and we’ve drove down to balcony@seaside and normally I might post a piccy of something we might be about to be eating but I read your  post when we’d very much finished.  So forgive me - this is a piccy of our finished delivered curry.  It was lovely .

Aren’t we all lucky to be alive and able to eat and be with people that love us.  It doesn’t go on forever and ends quickly so enjoy it whilst you can whether on a cruise or on a balcony or simply at a home dining room table. 

Let’s share what we have in common rather than magnify the differences. As Tothesunset said so eloquently.  And then all of us might be happier. 

🙂

Jeff from The Beach. 

IMG_5538.jpeg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Greeting Coolers from the balcony@seaside.  

We love Niles  Rodgers and Tiny Desk is wonderful on Youtube so today we have been listening to both.

For the vey eagle-eyed and sad persons like me.  Note that three Rolands were involved and a lady singer with a Masters Degree!  

Enjoy both ….

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

And Ontario ain’t that bad for zimmers!  😊

although we here in Ontario call them walkers. :classic_smile:

But, to be honest, we are, unfortunately, really not very disability friendly.

Edited by gnome12
  • Haha 1

Just now, gnome12 said:

although we here in Ontario call them walkers. :classic_smile:

Thanks! So “walkers” are for  “non-walkers” for Canadians!  Why would I be confused?  🤔

Anyway, I’m  out  of touch so you might not be a new Cooler - but either way - may I simply welcome you to Cooler stuff. 

I’d offer you a cigar and Armagnac, but some of it has been depleted unexplainedly until I go downstairs.  And on the basis that the accused are innocent until proven guilty let’s presume it was me. 

Share what is left! 😊

IMG_5539.jpeg

12 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Really Jeff?  A plastic cup?!!

Why would any sensible non-snob person use glass when a drink in plastic tastes exactly the same and doesn’t break when dropped and can be binned after it is used. 

Weirdly I’m more interest in the Armagnac than the glass but then I guess I’m a rustic pleb.  😆

Jeff

1 minute ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Why would any sensible non-snob person use glass when a drink in plastic tastes exactly the same and doesn’t break when dropped and can be binned after it is used. 

We usually think of ourselves as being sensible, and not as snobs.  However, we can taste a difference between drinking wine or whisky from glass rather than plastic.  Unsurprisingly, we get a plastic taste when using plastic.  Perhaps US and UK plastic cups react differently.

As an after thought: While we "think of ourselves as being sensible", this should in no way be understood to mean we always act sensibly. 🫣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, drron29 said:

image.thumb.png.080af8da7a59c386bd3b40eb356e1b92.png

image.thumb.jpeg.7d67a7c9fdb642363ec93afe6bb63046.jpeg

image.jpeg.8d67e64460c7b3d30991cc494a28a00f.jpeg

Used to go to Lancaster Pa often as my employer was located there. Bird in Hand, Pa is right down the road from Paradise along with Intercourse in Lancaster County. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Anyway, I’m  out  of touch so you might not be a new Cooler - but either way - may I simply welcome you to Cooler stuff.

I have been mostly lurking since I booked my Norway cruise which leaves in just over 2 weeks back in September 2022, with an occasional post. But thank you for the welcome.

3 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

I’d offer you a cigar and Armagnac, but some of it has been depleted unexplainedly until I go downstairs.  And on the basis that the accused are innocent until proven guilty let’s presume it was me.

No thanks to either. Virtually all of the discussions of alcoholic beverages go right over my head. The cigar, on the other hand, is an absolute no. I must say that I hate the smell!

• Like 1