Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

9 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Just 1 tip, I Rough mine up quite a bit more

5 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

love those "fantastic crunch bits".

Agree & thanks.  Odd to say, but these are odd times, I woke up thinking about exactly this - I should have roughed up the edges of my potatoes to brown them as DW suggested.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

...Rough mine up quite a bit more...

9 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

...I should have roughed up the edges of my potatoes to brown them as DW suggested.

Okay, this roughing up of the potatoes has caught my interest.  It's a term I never heard before, so had to go an look it up.  Davey, when you "rough" up your spuds, do you just shake them around the colander, or do you use a fork or knife to cut into the sides?  

Some people use a fork but to me that’s cheating, I just give them a very rough shake for a couple of minutes. It makes a big difference. You can buy jars of Goose fat over here. Otherwise dripping or lard are a good substitute. Not sure if you have those over the pond.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Terry, I'd disagree with the flat line on coffee. Definitely need a pre-noon beverage these days. Otherwise looks good.

With all due respect to the smart and savvy J.P., my sense of the chart was that coffee was already at the very top, highest part of the chart.  So my guess is that coffee has not gone up (since you cannot go higher than number one) and has not gone down in demand/need.   Coffee is super needed now, even more!!  It is the other "basics" that have had their "ups and downs".  Just my guessing, interpretation and speculation from someone who has never consumed any coffee in my life.  BUT, I love getting my caffeine from my morning Diet Mountain Dew!!  And, a Diet Pepsi later in the day.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,422

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

20 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well enough was enough. I Took the bold decision tonight to reach for the spaniel clippers. No more curly crash helmet for me. 

20200528_180222.jpg

That's a weird looking spaniel you have there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well enough was enough. I Took the bold decision tonight to reach for the spaniel clippers. No more curly crash helmet for me. 

Yes, that mention of "spaniel clippers" did confuse me somewhat.  BUT, hoping that I am not being too respectful, when I saw the mention about taking a "BOLD DECISION", I was surprised.  I was not sure if there was a typo involved and that that hair trimming might have been the result of making a . . . "BALD DECISION". That photo angle made the hair look much thinner. Right or wrong?  All the fault of the camera?

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 230,160 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Here are my boys. Both Sprockers. Harvey is 11 and Juneau is 1. His dam had 43 field champs and his sire 47. 

Cute dogs!!  They look fun and very interesting. 

In recent days, I have posted a few items from Mae West.  She had a unique style and approach to life.  Not boring and/or bland??!!  

From People magazine yesterday, they had this headline: “Hollywood Legend Mae West Profiled in New PBS Documentary: 'She Was a Sexual Gangster' ” with this subhead: "A new PBS documentary, Mae West: Dirty Blonde, is shining a spotlight on the revolutionary Hollywood icon."

Here are a few of the story highlights: “Rebel, seductress, writer, producer and sexual icon.  In a look at the trailer for the documentary on her life, Mae West: Dirty Blonde, the actress can hardly be summarized in just a few words.  Mary Jane West, best known by her stage name Mae West, left an indelible mark on Hollywood, notably for her unapologetic embrace of her sex appeal and femininity.  'Mae West crafted this image, she was a sexual gangster,' a voiceover says in the trailer.  Fashion icon André Leon Talley says, 'Mae West was a pioneer for all those women who dare to be sexy: Cher, Madonna, Rihanna, Beyoncé.'   West, who died in 1980 at the age of 87, achieved critical acclaim in every artistic medium that existed during her lifetime after beginning a career at the age of 14 as a vaudeville dancer.  The actress pushed the envelope of social change and become one of Hollywood's most controversial stars.  'She goes from being sent to jail for what she wants to say in 1926, to being the toast of Broadway in 1928 to being the highest-paid actress in America by the 1930s,'  the voiceover says.

It's been a number of years since she was famous and I am not sure if she was known in the UK and/or in other parts of the world at that time.  Reactions and comments?

Full story at:

https://people.com/movies/mae-west-documentary-trailer-pbs/

1771682470_ScreenShot2020-05-28at3_36_08PM.thumb.png.1f5be5ac741ed791f96e44ad14b8adf8.png

As things begin to open up at least here in Virginia, I wanted to bring back a post Spins made 2+ months ago.

So many lives lost...but the hope and reminders she offered in this post still ring so true.

On 3/23/2020 at 3:29 PM, spinnaker2 said:

1766393992_Screenshot_20200323-1521572.thumb.png.c28909980356273d568cda5ff49626a6.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Haha Terry, bold and bald all at the same time. I did a no 6 all over the top but I dont think the camera angle helps! 

Appreciate the candid, honesty above by our UK friend.  Yes, a better camera angle can help lessen that look at the top of our heads.  Hand-held with your cell phone does not always work in an ideal manner.  "Bold and bald" is a good summary!!

For Spins, wishing for "May it happen soon" is good.  BUT, however, my reading of the latest from CDC and other news reports is that the process is going to take more time.  SLOW will be the reality in many ways.  Sad in many, many ways.  

1714658133_ScreenShot2020-05-29at8_23_21AM.thumb.png.ed088518c97c631ecef1bd9b50522ce7.png

1411406862_ScreenShot2020-05-29at8_22_55AM.thumb.png.584413b4ae8d9552a22e172a48eb8eba.png