Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

YES, a Bloody Mary sounds like a great idea!!   I'll drink to that idea.  But, sorry, not a gin guy.

Have been busy with some work, etc., project the past few days.  Catching up now.   Below are a couple of "oldies" from famed comedy voices of the past.  Lots happening and funny at the Cooler!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

159800153_ScreenShot2020-06-06at9_08_32AM.thumb.png.d7611ba2b2542f4007d9d062acbdcf98.png

1523619500_ScreenShot2020-06-06at9_09_01AM.thumb.png.e16c8d6347b1307baafaf210bed953c6.png

Enjoying beautiful weather now in Central Ohio.  Sunny, nice, perfect temperatures, no rain.  Lots of rain coming to the Gulf Coast areas, Florida, etc. 

1663052000_ScreenShot2020-06-07at8_54_19AM.thumb.png.0b9a9ed0e2439d5e7a980a76b757ef7c.png

1708229212_ScreenShot2020-06-07at8_53_34AM.thumb.png.81efc9daf16585eb17c91cd5787453ec.png

Yesterday morning two of these guys came walking up our lawn ostensibly looking for a swimming hole.

They were clearly frustrated by the fact they could not get in even though they could see the water.

This one came up and kicked the screen after which time they both waddled off obviously in a pique.

please forgive the poor photo quality taken from phone camera.20200606_075505_kindlephoto-380381926.thumb.jpg.24634d9d918d91335548f65384ff45c3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi folks.............been raining here off and on all night and again this morning...............It is what we call

"UGLY" outside.

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks.............been raining here off and on all night and again this morning .....It is what we call "UGLY" outside.

Sorry on the ugly weather challenges for Lois and those in parts of the South.  As a counter-balance, below is a quick picture I snapped yesterday at home.  Nice flowering display on this bush next to our driveway. 

IMG_5196.jpeg.007cfc5be841745f5b051ef1d948e9b9.jpeg

• Like 1

Last Wednesday we had our very first 'day out' - that is to say, we left our house for something other than a forage for food. We are keen gardeners and like to visit the best gardens the UK has to offer.  My photo is of the 15th century, Grade I listed Elsing Hall, about 15 miles from us, where the owners usually open only one day a year for charity.  This year they decided to open for three days a week for two weeks with pre-booked slots.  We showed up as arranged at 11am and shared the place with four other couples.  Gorgeous, isn't it?

IMG_0994.jpg

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Last Wednesday we had our very first 'day out' - that is to say, we left our house for something other than a forage for food. We are keen gardeners and like to visit the best gardens the UK has to offer.  My photo is of the 15th century, Grade I listed Elsing Hall, about 15 miles from us, where the owners usually open only one day a year for charity.  This year they decided to open for three days a week for two weeks with pre-booked slots.  We showed up as arranged at 11am and shared the place with four other couples.  Gorgeous, isn't it?

Agree strongly with the above comments and sharing by the smart and savvy Fletcher that the UK has many great gardens and homes to visit. So much history, beauty, character, charm, etc.!!  Below is one example from our five days in July 2008 when exploring the Kent area south of London before starting a Baltics/Russia cruise from Dover.

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,494

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here is my wife as we were in front of Bateman's, the 17th-century house located in East Sussex, England. It was the home of Rudyard Kipling from 1902 until his death in 1936. The house was built in 1634 and has many historic items inside, including his 1907 Nobel Prize for Literature.  Much to discover and experience in these various English homes and gardens.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

DSC_3311.JPG.jpeg.2100ff8e1ff9773b474e504ba36b8a1b.jpeg

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

IMG_0994.jpg

Oh my, yes, it is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Boy, we don't have places like that in the US, at least not in our area.

Europe has lots of castle type homes...........

Have you ever been to Asheville, NC? The Biltmore Estate would be in that genre.  It was built in the

1890s by George Vanderbilt.  I visited there quite a few years ago.  There is also a hotel on the 

property.  Here is a link if you want to read about it. https://www.biltmore.com/our-story/

Biltmore, Buncombe County, North Carolina - The Biltmore is the largest house in the United States at 178,926 square feet (16,622.8 square meters). It was built between 1889 and 1895 by George Washington Vanderbilt II. The house contains 250 rooms, including an indoor swimming pool, bowling alley, exercise room (featuring early 20th century exercise equipment), two-story library, and many rooms filled with artwork and treasures from around the world.  #StunningStructures #Trovember

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Have you ever been to Asheville, NC? The Biltmore Estate would be in that genre.  It was built in the

1890s by George Vanderbilt. 

Biltmore, Buncombe County, North Carolina - The Biltmore is the largest house in the United States at 178,926 square feet (16,622.8 square meters). It was built between 1889 and 1895 by George Washington Vanderbilt II. The house contains 250 rooms, including an indoor swimming pool, bowling alley, exercise room (featuring early 20th century exercise equipment), two-story library, and many rooms filled with artwork and treasures from around the world.  #StunningStructures #Trovember

I visited the Biltmore Estate in the 1990s on a driving tour of the Carolinas (where nothing could be finer).  I knew it was built by the Vanderbilts and was later owned (after our visit) by the reclusive Mason Verger.  Frankly, compared to places we have in the UK, I thought it was a bit nouveau riche and bling.😉

Edited by Fletcher
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Our coastal road at Alligator Point in Florida is washing out yet again!  And this isn’t even a bad storm!

O no! 

The rain here in South Florida has been torrential and after seeing those powerful outer bands of Cristobal near Pensacola I wondered how you all were faring.

I have never seen a water spout become a tornado before.

Hope that the road will be replaced soonest.

Many very good funnies by mysty, zqtchas, etc.  Talked with a friend down in the Ft. Myers area yesterday telling me about the three inches of rain that came to that part of Florida the day prior.  More rain headed to Florida.  Beautiful, sunny, super comfortable, etc., here today in Central Ohio. 

1341621067_ScreenShot2020-06-08at8_48_02AM.thumb.png.57c552cae84d5155c34325e9629788b1.png

1640534902_ScreenShot2020-06-08at8_45_12AM.thumb.png.61ed0e89eaf9de16116e29419dc71584.png