Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

31 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Well, today we were supposed to be in Xi'an, seeing the terra cotta warriors, and celebrating our anniversary in another exotic place. First year in a while that we're actually home for it.

Sorry that the China 2020 adventure did not work out.  Congrats to Chris and J.P.  Hopefully you can make it to that part of the world in the future.  We have seeing those terra cotta warriors and other China sights on our future, to-do wish list.  

In one week, it will be our 48th wedding anniversary.  Unfortunately, no exciting travel plans right now.  Nor, being able to visit our two grandsons in Virginia.  Just "locked down!!  But, like most of us, still surviving. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

If you want to know who watches television in the U.S., just show them this pic and you'll know immediately.  I'm pretty this is a shoo-in for the cover this year.  

Love that Time Magazine "Person of the Year" Mayhem cover. For us in the U.S., we get "it" for the connection to that series of unique and twisted television commercials.  Below, more from "Lovable Loser" Rodney Dangerfield who "never got any respect".. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1839283048_ScreenShot2020-06-11at8_12_26AM.thumb.png.10498841058199acb9c40a2c961accbe.png

694564616_ScreenShot2020-06-11at8_12_48AM.thumb.png.a7a9f5d555b521dd42f268d38665f24a.png

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Recently finished "Grant" by Chernow (it was awesome) and currently devouring "Friends Divided: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson" by Wood.

How do you have time for all that?

5 hours ago, zqtchas said:

How do you have time for all that?

Covid-19 has given me more time than I’ve had since 1988.  It also helps that the authors are excellent writers.  On the other hand, “The Worst Journey in the World” took me forever to read, solely because of the writing style.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Covid-19 has given me more time than I’ve had since 1988.  It also helps that the authors are excellent writers.  On the other hand, “The Worst Journey in the World” took me forever to read, solely because of the writing style.  

Author's writing style makes a huge difference for me.  No matter how fascinating the topic if the writing style jars I have trouble reading it.  Currently reading "A Gentleman in Moscow" by Amor Towles.  It is a very timely read as the protagonist is sentenced to living in the Metropol Hotel is the 1920's with the threat of being shot should he leave the hotel.  Many of his thoughts jive with what we are currently experiencing with the COVID-19 lockdown.  Beautifully written!

• Like 2