Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

14 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Maggie Smith is an amazing actress. Here is a little selection of The Dowager Countess’ best one liners.

Appreciate this posting of "The Dowager Countess’ best one liners."  But, unfortunately, when I tried to play the video, it popped up on the screen that such viewing here in the USA was not allowed per NBC Universal copyright restriction.  Sorry!!  Will post more of her sizzling  quotes later.  Others here have that challenge?

Last night on PBS, public broadcasting, they had a 90-minute biographical documentary special about Mae West and her unique American history for her show business career on Broadway and then in Hollywood.  Below is one item from her. 

Fortunately where we are located, both the Internet and cell, work reasonably well.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 49,530 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

576459219_ScreenShot2020-06-17at8_35_38AM.thumb.png.9dc95537832f25c1802fa16cabb20245.png

Edited by TLCOhio

14 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

A Slightly inconvenienced Canadian is a rare sight M 🙂 . We’ve had the same here, 4 days of dry thunder rumbles has played havoc with our t’internet and sky. We’ve resorted to dvds in the end. A pleasant change tbh.

Congrats DW!  Your post above was #5000!  😁  I'm guessing the Water Cooler will be getting a reset soon.  Part Six is in the offing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

But, unfortunately, when I tried to play the video, it popped up on the screen that such viewing here in the USA was not allowed per NBC Universal copyright restriction.  Sorry!!  Will post more of her sizzling  quotes later.  Others here have that challenge?

Same here TLC.  DW - I think it would've been fun to watch!  & you get a 5K sticker

9 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

A mother elk and her baby joined us for breakfast this morning.

Awesome Stumbles, worth the 99 cents & makes it easy to understand why you choose a place where snow in June is not unusual.  Agreed JP, watching it made me relax (further),  If it wasn't unseasonably cool and rainy here I might have laid out in the grass like the elks.  Chas watch for a little box on the left bottom of the screen to open - I almost missed it. 

Didn't keyboards used to have a cents key?  $ but no c

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Below are a couple of female comedy voices that I have not previously spotlighted.  Phyllis Diller (1817-2012) was born in Ohio northwest of where we live and she hit the comedy spotlight in the 1960's as a pioneering first for women invading the world of male-dominated stand-up comedy.  She did many of the key TV shows during her period, talking about her husband "Fang" and dressed in a wild, flashy manner.  Famed for her self-deprecating humor and many uses of plastic surgery.  In a typical Diller joke, it had her running after a garbage truck pulling away from her curb.  She shouted out: "Am I too late for the trash?". The driver's reply: "No, jump right in!"   

Anyone remember her?   Or, the next star . . . .

Betty White is still alive and active at age 98.  She is most famous as the dirty-minded Sue Ann Nivens from the Mary Tyler Moore Show (1973–1977).   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

2007196359_ScreenShot2020-06-18at9_07_39AM.thumb.png.f43bd81fc94da0587ea855c1775d427d.png

2145189257_ScreenShot2020-06-18at9_07_56AM.png.b590f97a34b3aa8cef9b1323033e1f23.png

1.  What do you call panic-buying of sausage and cheese in Germany? The wurst-kase scenario.

2.  You know who buys up all the toilet paper? A-holes.

3.  Nail salons, hair salons, waxing center and tanning places are closed. It’s about to get ugly out there.

4.  Why don’t chefs find coronavirus jokes funny? They’re in bad taste.

5.  What should you do if you don’t understand a coronavirus joke? Be patient.

6.  The grocery stores in France look like tornadoes hit them. All that’s left is de brie.

7.  Finland just closed its borders. You know what that means. No one will be crossing the Finish line.

8.  Did you hear the joke about the germ? Never mind, I don’t want to spread it around.

9.  30 days hath September, April, June, and November, all the rest have 31, except for March which has infinite.

10.     What did the man say to the bartender? I’ll have a corona, hold the virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2