Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

T.G.I.F.??!!  It's a Friday am, but in these days of "shut-down" and "stay-at-home", there is not the same difference for week-ends versus week-days. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1254078378_ScreenShot2020-06-26at7_34_27AM.png.3ee7b269adc42d53ff180825b7e5261c.png

1074257770_ScreenShot2020-06-26at7_35_19AM.thumb.png.a3c3e61167cd528bddd07fbb8223b064.png

Good morning friends🙂 I made my cup of coffee this morning and when I poured the milk in----lets just say I did not

drink it.....can you say "sour"😲.......I didn't realize it had gone bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Will be going to the grocery store today!

Yesterday I decided to get out of the house for a while and drove to the beach. I found a really good seafood 

restaurant and had a lovely lunch of fresh flounder with a spinach cake and salad. Talk about a good deal...12

bucks for that awesome lunch😀.  I will be going back there again.  It is called "The Fish Company".  I had never

eaten there before. Glad I stopped in for sure!

And Terry, you are right about the days.....Friday is just another day.......it is like a weekend (especially when

you are retired😀 ) Except you can run errands without all the crowds LOL

some more old ones:

SIGN IN A SHOE REPAIR STORE IN VANCOUVER THAT READ:

"We will heel you, We will save your sole, We will even dye for you."

AT AN OPTOMETRIST'S OFFICE:

"If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place."

ON A PLUMBER'S TRUCK:
"We repair what your husband fixed."

On an Electrician's truck:
"Let us remove your shorts."

On another Plumber's truck:
"Don't sleep with a drip.
 Call your plumber."

At a Car Dealership:

"The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment."

Outside a Muffler Shop:

"No appointment necessary. We hear you coming."

In a Veterinarian's waiting room:

"Be back in 5 minutes. Sit... Stay.."

At the Electric Company:

"We would be delighted if you send in your payment on time.

However, if you don't, YOU will be

de-lighted.

In the front yard of a Funeral Home:

"Drive carefully. We'll wait."

In a Chicago Radiator Shop:

"Best place in town to take a leak."

Sign on the back of a Septic Tank Truck:

"Caution - This truck is full of Political Promises."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

ON A PLUMBER'S TRUCK: "We repair what your husband fixed."
On another Plumber's truck: "Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber."

At a Car Dealership:  "The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment."

ALL of these are super wonderful. I highlighted three of these above that I liked best.  Keep 'em coming!!!  Will copy and share with some friends and family.  

Hi friends,  JP,  I tried a new eggplant tonight.........well, new for me anyway.  It is called "GRAFFITI EGGPLANT" and it is DELICIOUS!

Much sweeter than the normal ones.......and much smaller. It looks like the ones below.  I decided to

buy one only.  It is much more $$$ but I thought oh well, try it once and see how it is.  It was 4.99/lb.   No need to salt

it either.  All I did was slice it and  sauteed it in olive oil and then put grated parmigiana cheese on top.....(melted).

No sauce.........it really tasted fabulous😀

Graffiti aubergine, striped eggplant Stock Photo - Alamy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Below are a couple of "new" comedy classic voices from the past that I have not previously posted.  Steven Wright is a special favorite as his brand of "DRY" humor is very unique.  Sometimes requires a little "thought".  Second is a famed TV classic, Jonathan Winters.  With a varied presence on TV during his peak, Winters grew up in our state of Ohio and actually started his television career at the local CBS station here in Columbus. Rememberer these two?

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!  It's coming up Wednesday, July 1.  How and why do I always remember?  July 1 is my wife's birthday (won't share that number) and in 2002 we were crossing into Canada on this day from Glacier National Park into Waterton Lakes N.P.  The security/border official gave us a Canada pin in honor of the day and thus was merge the joint celebrate for both my wife's birthday and Canada's holiday.  

13840120_ScreenShot2020-06-28at8_54_40AM.thumb.png.8f05cd49d50633b83656b449820b4a7c.png

1503901348_ScreenShot2020-06-28at8_55_10AM.png.0bc32991b1e8782fcc37e60ae7295164.png

I did a little cooking this weekend. I made some savory crêpes filled with ground beef and cooked in a Bechemal sauce with Gruyère cheese. I should have doubled the sauce but I didn't want to double my weight too.

20200627_185909.thumb.jpg.738a1b5283594221169142bae64eda75.jpg

The air fryer does an amazing job with cauliflower, BTW. 

Yesterday I got out the pasta roller and we made homemade pasta with prosciutto and sage.

Raw material, mostly from the herb garden. The herbs are out of control! 

20200628_135705.thumb.jpg.27ac9f69227f0af7eb00d9cb4e67ea67.jpg

I rolled the pasta dough and Chris cut it crosswise, into short rustic strips to match the strips of prosciutto. There were about 3x this many. One cup of flour and one egg will make a decent amount of pasta. Should be plenty! 

20200628_144321.thumb.jpg.428f1ad42eead1d299bb778b9b71e78f.jpg

I cooked the prosciutto with sage, green onions, and garlic. A few cherry tomatoes for some color.

20200628_144328.thumb.jpg.4c9f157c631ac0054ddd17e6b733ed35.jpg

Fresh pasta cooks fast so once it was ready, into the pot with some grated Grana Padano cheese, and cooking water to make a light sauce. I shoud have added some butter but I was being good (or was I saving room for more wine...?).

20200628_145030.thumb.jpg.d2af86bb692fdfd5268cb941b253a176.jpg

On the plate, with fresh parsley and more cheese for good measure. 

20200628_145519.thumb.jpg.018f0c86e6ee163ddc62ff13f88e9aa9.jpg

It was delicious but I was hungry again in two hours. So, dessert time, of course!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I did a little cooking this weekend. I made some savory crepes filled with ground beef and cooked in a Bechemal sauce with Gruyère cheese. I should have doubled the sauce but I didn't want to double my weight too.  Fresh pasta cooks fast so once it was ready, into the pot with some grated Grana Padano cheese, and cooking water to make a light sauce. I shoud have added some butter but I was being good (or was I saving room for more wine...?).  It was delicious but I was hungry again in two hours. So, dessert time, of course!

Hi, J.P.  Looks super wonderful!!  Do you deliver to Central Ohio?  Should I call GrubHub?  You are making me hungry.  Need to have lunch now.  But, unfortunately, I will not be able to have anything looking and tasting that excellent. 

• Haha 1