Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

To Spins:  Which June??  2020 or 2021?  Maybe some of us did not listen carefully enough and clarify as to the exact year was being heard or assumed?

In South Florida, is the hospital and ICU capacity situation as challenged as are being reported nationally?  Most those younger being hit with the Covid-19 now?  Or, those older, too?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

57 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

To Spins:  Which June??  2020 or 2021?  Maybe some of us did not listen carefully enough and clarify as to the exact year was being heard or assumed?

In South Florida, is the hospital and ICU capacity situation as challenged as are being reported nationally?  Most those younger being hit with the Covid-19 now?  Or, those older, too?

Hi Terry, I think it is both.............

17 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Yes Terry.  It is pretty bleak here.

Appreciate BOTH of these great follow-ups from Lois and Spins about the challenging situations in Florida regarding the Covid-19 virus hospitalizations, etc.  This current Florida "situation" adds to the complications as to when and how Silversea and other cruise lines get the OK and safety rules from CDC and other governmental units around the world to resume some form of "normal" sailing. Right or wrong??

For college football fans like Spins and me, that fall sport is starting to get more doubtful due to recently announced virus infection announcements among players now trying to do some volunteer work-outs.  Yesterday, the Ivy League schools announced no fall sports in any way, shape or form.  For those of us struggling with these virus shut-downs, if there is no college or pro/NFL football in the late August through January period, then it will be much tougher to "survive"!  Maybe some of these sports will operate with limited or no fans in the stands.  BUT, my view, major sports without the fans cheering in the big stadiums is not quite the same amount of fun and excitement if watching on TV.  In Central Ohio for later this month, the big PGA golf tournament was to be played at Jack Nicklaus' Muirfield Village course.  That golf play is still on, but there will be no fans allowed to be there to watch. Reactions?   

115541663_ScreenShot2020-07-09at8_21_07AM.png.f72fde5557dd2c92fedb261d2a91a111.png

538340652_ScreenShot2020-07-09at8_21_28AM.thumb.png.39dacf222289c98ec50add9f8b3ebefb.png

Good morning folks......Terry, I love football too.    Who knows what is going to happen? Folks who say they have

those answers.......well, I don't believe anyone has definitive answers.  As for the Golf Tournament,  They changed the

fan thing for it just a couple of weeks ago.  It was supposed to have been the 1st one with fans......better to be safe

than sorry. 

I am having a case of "bathroom/kitchen upgrade" time.......I had 2 new faucets and new shower faucet installed on

Tuesday and decided to get a new pull down faucet for the kitchen.  The plumber I use is going to think I have gone

a bit nuts LOL.......Need to call them to have the kitchen faucet installed.......hopefully it will be tomorrow or Monday.  WOW...just called the plumber and they can do it today!!!!!!!!!

My big trips never happened this year so I figured a nice upgrade would be a good thing.🙂

• Like 2

Well, Terry, our Big 10 football season just got a lot shorter.  Unless each university agrees to add games with other in-conference universities.   We are already playing Maryland, Indiana, and Rutgers so I hope we call Purdue quickly!!!

Missy, who lives in turtle territory but bleeds blue and white

9 hours ago, MHF said:

Well, Terry, our Big 10 football season just got a lot shorter.  Unless each university agrees to add games with other in-conference universities.   We are already playing Maryland, Indiana, and Rutgers so I hope we call Purdue quickly!!!  Missy, who lives in turtle territory but bleeds blue and white

Appreciate knowing that we have some other good American football fans here at the Cooler plus these great above comments and follow-ups from Lois, etc.  My best guess right now is that the entire college football season will get scrubbed out this fall and maybe moved to next Spring??!!  Which team for Missy is the "blue and white"?  Sadly, too many younger folks are not taking this situation/challenge seriously, going to bars, having a "good time" in the summer, etc.

718349207_ScreenShot2020-07-10at8_33_58AM.png.c75c3bca53d91b9c18a23e5b792ab0f4.png

599460420_ScreenShot2020-07-10at8_33_36AM.thumb.png.98cbec300b592acfd188feebcdfedfd5.png

Hey Terry, ask me again on October 24...IF we get to play Big 10 football at all.

I'm also missing baseball.  Actually got to go to the game where the Nats clinched the National League, to the 4th game of the World Series, and to the Parade.  I looked at the map of the Parade, figured out where they must be lining up the buses, and went there instead of the parade route.  Got some good pictures.  Working in DC for almost 30 years paid off.

A couple of Nats players are sitting out and a couple have tested positive so I'm not sure we are going to re-start baseball in 2 weeks.  Anyone else think yes/no?

M in M

Hi Missy, I think sports wants to play........the guys in the NBA are now "in their bubble" in Orlando.........but who knows

if will really happen.   As for baseball? The entire thing was a mess even getting them to this new 60 game season.

Quite a few players are opting out and not playing.   I think as this month goes by we will find out if they will really

play. Baseball is supposed to start on July 23rd😲 that is 13 days away.

3 minutes ago, MHF said:

Hey Terry, ask me again on October 24...IF we get to play Big 10 football at all.   I'm also missing baseball. Working in DC for almost 30 years paid off.   A couple of Nats players are sitting out and a couple have tested positive so I'm not sure we are going to re-start baseball in 2 weeks.  Anyone else think yes/no?    M in M

Do not think we need to wait till October 24 to know for certain.  For college football, this will get decided by early August.  Right now on ESPN's website, they just posted this headline: "ACC, Big 12 to make decision on college football, other fall sports in late July." 

WOW!, you've had lots of experience in Washington, DC, dealing with that challenging traffic, etc., there.  For major league baseball, YES, there could be lots more "TWISTS & TURNS" as they ramp up to try to start their shortened season, plus play-offs, the World Series, etc.  Yes, they will re-start, but serious adjustments on that bumpy road will need to be made.  

15 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Do not think we need to wait till October 24 to know for certain.  For college football, this will get decided by early August.  Right now on ESPN's website, they just posted this headline: "ACC, Big 12 to make decision on college football, other fall sports in late July." 

WOW!, you've had lots of experience in Washington, DC, dealing with that challenging traffic, etc., there.  For major league baseball, YES, there could be lots more "TWISTS & TURNS" as they ramp up to try to start their shortened season, plus play-offs, the World Series, etc.  Yes, they will re-start, but serious adjustments on that bumpy road will need to be made.  

Sorry, should have been more clear...ask me on October 24 who I bleed blue and white for.  Or check your Ohio State schedule for October 24...if we have a game!

3 hours ago, MHF said:

Sorry, should have been more clear...ask me on October 24 who I bleed blue and white for.  Or check your Ohio State schedule for October 24...if we have a game!

Ah, now I "get it" with Ohio State traveling to Beaver Stadium on Oct. 24, 2020.  Maybe??!!  Have wonderful memories from visiting there in State College, Pa., on Oct. 8, 2005.  It was nationally-television game on ESPN at 8 pm with nearly 110,000 fans there.  We had fifth-row tickets on the 35-yard-line right behind the Penn State bench.  Lots of action, including when they do the Pointer Sisters song of "JUMP!!" with that massive stadium rocking.  Unfortunately, Penn State won 17-10. It was an amazing experience and night of excitement.  Since that game, Ohio State has won 11 of the last 14 meetings between these two college football powers.  

Latest news tonight is that the Pac-12 conference with USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Colorado, etc., will skip all of their non-conference games and only play opponents within their league.  That knocks out many national match-ups schedule between their schools against Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, etc., in the fall.  Things are not moving in the right direction for college football happening this fall.  

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,826

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923