Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Unfortunately my sleep is being disturbed by this big yellow ball that peeks through the bedroom window at about 5:30 am.  🙄  Consequently I am awake before the birds and I go to bed before the news.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mysty said:

Unfortunately my sleep is being disturbed by this big yellow ball that peeks through the bedroom window at about 5:30 am.  🙄  Consequently I am awake before the birds and I go to bed before the news.

We use black out shades. 

• Like 1

I'm up by 5 most days anyway. The early morning sunshine 🌞 is a bonus this time of year. We were out walking by 5:20 this morning. It was a little chilly but that, and my pre-walk shot of espresso , woke me up.

Now settling in at work, checking out what the week has in store for me. The jury is still out on that one.

• Like 1

Good morning,🙂 I usually wake up around 6 but don't actually get up and shower till after 7.....and sometimes I 

think back to the beginning of the year.......I really retired on 12/31 and look what happened to the world in the past

6 months.😮 (well, my life is part of that)..........

For me, I am generally NOT an early-riser type.  Like to be up till midnight or later before going to bed.  Watch the late 11 pm news, do a little relaxing time with some saved video (where I can speed through the commercials) of great "oldies" from shows such as Hogan's Heroes or Perry Mason.  

Agree that there are serious questions for Lois about what has happened since Lois retired at the end of last year.  Time for Lois to go back to work??

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

531416444_ScreenShot2020-06-13at10_48_42AM.png.c9a3a5d242482b4717b08d12f3533209.png

• Like 1

For comedy voices, below is a more contemporary one, Dave Chappelle.  Some of his material really "pushes many buttons"!!  He has won two Emmy Awards and three Grammy Awards as well as a Mark Twain Prize.  Since 2016, he has a deal with Netflix at $20 million-per-release in doing comedy specials.  He lives a little over an hour aways from us in Central Ohio on a farm near Yellow Springs, Ohio.  Dave Chappelle is probably not known in the U.K., etc. 

Second is a quote from one of America's oldest comic voices, Ben Franklin.  Remember him and his other activities and reasons for fame?

1960995776_ScreenShot2020-06-15at8_40_25AM.png.a1094cdd393b58225e9d98fb73e1eb68.png

82481370_ScreenShot2020-06-15at8_42_04AM.thumb.png.9bf61bf6ec2ddedade05b6e77e86805c.png

27 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

For me, I am generally NOT an early-riser type.  Like to be up till midnight or later before going to bed.  Watch the late 11 pm news, do a little relaxing time with some saved video (where I can speed through the commercials) of great "oldies" from shows such as Hogan's Heroes or Perry Mason.  

Agree that there are serious questions for Lois about what has happened since Lois retired at the end of last year.  Time for Lois to go back to work??

531416444_ScreenShot2020-06-13at10_48_42AM.png.c9a3a5d242482b4717b08d12f3533209.png

Terry...........OMG....NO........I am not complaining about being retired.  I was just thinking back to when it happened.

I do NOT miss that new office I was transferred to ONE SINGLE BIT...........now, if I had been able to stay in my original

place? I probably would have not retired.  But when the company told me this is what they were doing? I gave it a 

year as a trial.........the new boss was a total -------- she will not be missed by me!  I gave them a total

of 29 years............

13 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

sideways - r.png

Many good, serious questions as to how the cruise lines will manage those "social distancing" situations/requirements.  Cute above sample as to how what works on "paper" in planning is not perfect or ideal in real life applications.  The below picture was posted on another thread by me and points out the elevator challenges and needs.  For many of the smaller Silversea ships, the elevators are not used as much compared to what happens on larger ships with seven to fourteen different levels to be navigated by thousands of people.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,494

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Going to a downtown office building Friday afternoon, here was the sign up outside and inside their elevators.  Plus, markings on the floor for where that maximum of two passengers could stand inside in different corners of the elevator cabin.  Had not previously considered how cruise will "manage" and regulate their elevators that often are crowded at times during sailings.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

IMG_5206.thumb.jpeg.fda37420dc0dff10f164b444dc81b9f4.jpeg

Nice wonderful weather here in Central Ohio.  Just had a good long, catch-up video call this morning with our son in Virginia, learning more updates about our grandsons, etc.  This shut-down has interrupted those visiting schedules, etc.  Like to get back to "normal", but that timing is still some distance off in the future.  

1836598266_ScreenShot2020-06-16at8_47_13AM.png.cc771ff27136e02291e1441cafc83456.png

1853791162_ScreenShot2020-06-16at8_48_00AM.thumb.png.8cbd3fc00125696fcaf396e3e39618b6.png

Hi friends, Terry, surprisingly we have some comfortable temps in the mornings too........normally mid June can get

beastly hot.  Maybe Mother Nature is just being kind right now.  I actually walked for about 30 minutes and was not 

sweating at the end. 

Deciding what to do for lunch today.......of course I have been eating home ALOT but our restaurants have now opened where you can eat at the bar😃

I have gone out a few times--it has been really nice!!!

18 hours ago, zqtchas said:

with covid 3.png

Cute graphic and excellent question.  I doubt that "Social Distancing" on the lifeboats will be the biggest, most important policy issue to be resolved before cruise sailing can start back up.  BUT, there are many, many other serious questions needing attention.  The bigger challenge will be in doing the life/safety drills that are scheduled before each sailing commences.  Those sessions are always super crowded and jammed with passengers and staff.  How will those pre-sailing drills be done, completed and managed??  Safety with everyone at a 6' away distance?

Per Lois' mention about cooler weather in normally hot areas, our son and family traveled down to the shore islands in South Carolina near Charleston.  When he called this am, it was in the 60's.  Very unusually conditions in that normally hot and humid region.  See chart below. 

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 230,220 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

From AccuWeather this morning, here is an interesting map that shows the cooler weather affecting Lois in Jacksonville, plus the Carolinas, Virginia.  But, then a heat wave is in parts of the Midwest.  In Central Ohio, it looks like we will be nicely in the middle.  Not too hot.  Not too cool!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

177281181_ScreenShot2020-06-16at11_39_54AM.thumb.png.82ac1ae203a61abf19200edf8c8636d9.png

We're doing our best to stay sane and to stay safe.  So what happens to upset the apple cart?  We lose internet and telephone access for about 6 hours!  Not ideal in the best of times and these are definitely NOT the best of times!  I think my normally low blood pressure shot through the roof!  Seriously!  Can we just not !  It's OK...sanity is as restored as it ever was!