Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

13 minutes ago, mysty said:

rojaan19...what?  No Canadian gins?  Heresy!  🤣

No Icelandic gins either. They are the best part of flying Iceland Air! Haven't tried one from Greenland yet, though. Hmm.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

Oh Stumblefoot we have lots of 'proper' gins in the local  bottle shop !  First there is a choice of 630 gins in the spirits, then by country the choice is Aussie - 330,  England 70, Japan 30, France 15, Germany 13, Ireland 12, China 4,  Lativa and Greenland  1 each!

That’s awesome Rojann!  You’ll have to have the bartender make one for Amy if we all get to sail together this fall, because a proper Pimm’s has been her favorite drink ever since that fateful dinner on our way back from being trapped in Russia aboard the Cloud. 😁 Although, the drink I made her tonight, B’s Holiday, might be a close second. 😉

• Like 2

Sorry Mysty  NO Canadian gins !   Maybe the Canadians drink it all and there is none  to  export  !!'

There are 26 countries on the list,  so plenty of choice for us Aussies !!

Australia(332), China(4)  England(70)  Finland(3) France(15) Germany(13) Great Britain(3)  Greenland(1) Holland(3)  Ireland(12) Italy(15)
Japan(13) Latvia(1) Mexico(4) Netherlands(2) New Zealand(10) Norway(1) Poland(2) Scotland(33)  Singapore(2)  South Africa(30) Spain(7)
Sweden(5)   USA(4)  United Kingdom(38)  United States(8)

Edited by rojaan19
add canada
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

Sorry Mysty  NO Canadian gins !   Maybe the Canadians drink it all and there is none  to  export  !!'

There are 26 countries on the list,  so plenty of choice for us Aussies !!

Australia(332), China(4)  England(70)  Finland(3) France(15) Germany(13) Great Britain(3)  Greenland(1) Holland(3)  Ireland(12) Italy(15)
Japan(13) Latvia(1) Mexico(4) Netherlands(2) New Zealand(10) Norway(1) Poland(2) Scotland(33)  Singapore(2)  South Africa(30) Spain(7)
Sweden(5)   USA(4)  United Kingdom(38)  United States(8)

rojaan19...you may not be too far off the mark with your suggestion that we drink it all and there are no drops left to export.  Especially these days!  🙄

• Haha 1

Good morning, I think we may have had that model when I was a kid LOL......there was a "record player" installed

into the top part as well......or what was called a HI-FI...........

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I agree with Lois; pretty!  However, I have a feeling Davey will tell you those aren’t proper.  

I Wouldnt dream of it!

I Might just point out that they look more like  Gin based Liqeuers than actual gin but there's nowt wrong with that! 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

And it was the only TV and record player in the whole house!

Yes and you had to get up and walk over to it in order to change the channels😲

• Like 2

Those were also the days when people pretended they never really watched TV. 'Just mind mush you know. We only have it for the News. Blah, blah'. Yet knew the plot of all the current programs. Spooky. 

Is it still considered somehow worthy not to watch TV or have we all got over ourselves? 😉

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Those were also the days when people pretended they never really watched TV. 'Just mind mush you know. We only have it for the News. Blah, blah'. Yet knew the plot of all the current programs. Spooky. 

Is it still considered somehow worthy not to watch TV or have we all got over ourselves? 😉

Really? My family didn't pretend....we watched tv every night of the week!  There were only 3 channels to choose from!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Really? My family didn't pretend....we watched tv every night of the week!  There were only 3 channels to choose from!!!

Maybe it was just British snobbery but you'd be amazed at how many people used to (and may still) think that admitting to watching TV was terribly infra dig.

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

Maybe it was just British snobbery but you'd be amazed at how many people used to (and may still) think that admitting to watching TV was terribly infra dig.

Ahhh...ok, well, most people I know watched plenty of tv (those is my age group anyway)..........everyone had ONE tv

and if they say they weren't watching? I have a bridge to sell you LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Yeah horseradish is great in a Bloody Mary Spinns,, along with wourcestershire sauce, Tabasco, celery salt a squeeze of lemon. and stirred with a stick of celery. 

I want one now!!! But I want some cucumber in it too.

And stirred with a cucumber wedge!!

• Like 1