Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

10 minutes ago, mysty said:

Interestingly (besides the first part of the botanical name 😄 ) due to its odor, like that of a rotting corpse, the titan arum is characterized as a carrion flower, and is also known as the corpse flower or corpse plant.

There is one growing in D.C. ( or 2) & they bring it out when it's ready to bloom.

• Like 1

If you haven't been brought up to date: The American Medical Association has weighed in on the strategy to reopen the country:

- The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
- The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.
- Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception,
    while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
- Many Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!"
- While the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"
- Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.
- Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing, and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.
- The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter."
- The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were PO’d at the whole idea.
- Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.
- In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the a-holes in Washington.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

If you haven't been brought up to date: The American Medical Association has weighed in on the strategy to reopen the country:

- The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
- The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.
- Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception,
    while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
- Many Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!"
- While the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"
- Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.
- Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing, and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.
- The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter."
- The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were PO’d at the whole idea.
- Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.
- In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the a-holes in Washington.

Thanks for giving me a big smile today😃

JP, and your post is no joke!

I see you have a cruise booked out of Rome for next May..........I was looking at that one.......

It is only 7 nights though...........hard to fly across the pond for only a week. 

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I see you have a cruise booked out of Rome for next May..........I was looking at that one.......

It is only 7 nights though...........hard to fly across the pond for only a week. 

Seven days is easy - no worries there! We've flown over for a long weekend, leaving on a Friday night and coming home on Monday! 🤣 What I'd give to do that now...

Many permutations to consider on this itinerary though.

First off, we'd probably come in a day early; though we've spent a lot of time in Rome, a day there to rest up and get ready for the cruise would be nice. And it's easy to hop the train to Civitavecchia and walk to the ship from there.

We would definitely stay on somewhere after the cruise - June 10 is our anniversary and this ends June 7, so we'd probably stay the rest of the week. Especially since our anniversary trip this year was such a bust!

But a lot could happen between now and then. This trip is actually the one that is in the most jeopardy of getting canceled, in case we need to create room to in the vacation schedule to make up the China trip. It will be a while before we have to decide, though.

3 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Seven days is easy - no worries there! We've flown over for a long weekend, leaving on a Friday night and coming home on Monday! 🤣 What I'd give to do that now...

Many permutations to consider on this itinerary though.

First off, we'd probably come in a day early; though we've spent a lot of time in Rome, a day there to rest up and get ready for the cruise would be nice. And it's easy to hop the train to Civitavecchia and walk to the ship from there.

We would definitely stay on somewhere after the cruise - June 10 is our anniversary and this ends June 7, so we'd probably stay the rest of the week. Especially since our anniversary trip this year was such a bust!

But a lot could happen between now and then. This trip is actually the one that is in the most jeopardy of getting canceled, in case we need to create room to in the vacation schedule to make up the China trip. It will be a while before we have to decide, though.

That sounds great but how do you deal with a lot of luggage?

2 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

That sounds great but how do you deal with a lot of luggage?

We can do two weeks in a carry-on sized rollaboard each. That includes my tux, and a few nice dresses for Chris, so we don't have any problem dressing up for formal night using our method. We have figured out a good system over the last 10+ years. Some things we do to save room:

1. Free Laundry on SS helps reduce the worry about packing too little.

2. Cut way down on shoes. They take TONS of room. Dance shoes are the absolute best for this, and they look good enough to wear on formal night. Wear your comfortable walking shoes on the plane, of course.

3. One or two main color scheme(s), usually black and maybe something else, so that #2 is easier.

4. Pretty much every item of clothing matches with everything else.

5. Multiple uses. I will wear a short-sleeved button-down shirt to dinner one night under my blazer, with a tie, and then next day I can wear it out on tour instead of a T-shirt (plus it looks nicer).

Unless we're going to Antarctica or somewhere where we need lots of extra stuff, this system works well for us. We have done some crazy DIY trips where we're in a different place every night, living out of suitcases, and if we'd had to lug large cases around it would have gotten ugly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

We can do two weeks in a carry-on sized rollaboard each. That includes my tux, and a few nice dresses for Chris, so we don't have any problem dressing up for formal night using our method. We have figured out a good system over the last 10+ years. Some things we do to save room:

1. Free Laundry on SS helps reduce the worry about packing too little.

2. Cut way down on shoes. They take TONS of room. Dance shoes are the absolute best for this, and they look good enough to wear on formal night. Wear your comfortable walking shoes on the plane, of course.

3. One or two main color scheme(s), usually black and maybe something else, so that #2 is easier.

4. Pretty much every item of clothing matches with everything else.

5. Multiple uses. I will wear a short-sleeved button-down shirt to dinner one night under my blazer, with a tie, and then next day I can wear it out on tour instead of a T-shirt (plus it looks nicer).

Unless we're going to Antarctica or somewhere where we need lots of extra stuff, this system works well for us. We have done some crazy DIY trips where we're in a different place every night, living out of suitcases, and if we'd had to lug large cases around it would have gotten ugly.

I don’t think that would work for Stumble. We did bum around Holland & Belgium for a couple of weeks with a wheelie but we didn’t have to contend with formal stuff. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zqtchas said:

I don’t think that would work for Stumble.

LOL!  I literally can’t stop laughing.  You know me too well, Chas.  

Why would I travel on a SS holiday with a mere carry-on bag when the airline gives me three checked bags per passenger?  Besides, isn’t the purpose of free laundry so I don’t have to do any when I get home? 😆😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Why would I travel on a SS holiday with a mere carry-on bag when the airline gives me three checked bags per passenger?  Besides, isn’t the purpose of free laundry so I don’t have to do any when I get home? 😆😆😆

Having that liberal of an airline baggage allowance, plus FREE LAUNDRY, does make your travel planning much easier.  Great to have that flexibility!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1660446231_ScreenShot2020-06-13at10_51_30AM.png.804318e679ad054026807c37f3837171.png

2060279112_ScreenShot2020-06-13at10_51_03AM.png.fef24e6159facb61ae336d35c799fdca.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

LOL!  I literally can’t stop laughing.  You know me too well, Chas.  

I was mostly leaning toward the land portion?😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1